Some random fun stuff

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Some random fun stuff

Post by NITM-T »

Shauing wrote: July 5th, 2018, 3:20 am I discovered a similar one while in the making of one of my levels. If you go through a teleport and there is a crusher next to it, it will kill you but a sprite of the hourglass of the princess's room using the kid's palette will appear; the game soft locks as well.
Yeah, pretty weird that thing there, hahaha. I don't remember now, but there're a few SNES mods here that you can do some funny deaths that the hourglass will show up. Also we talked about a few funny deaths here, too: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=4149&p=22928#p22928

If there a place where you can die by two forms or more, is possible that the hourglass show up. But it seems that the crusher make this easy to happen:

May the Moon light your path.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: July 4th, 2018, 3:44 pm Maybe this is already known, but I noticed the following.
In level 15, lower right room, if you don't kill the guard and use the teleport...
...the guard will still hit you halfway, killing himself, and the game enters a stuck state.
I tried that, and this is what happened:
level_15_teleport_bug.zip
(226.66 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Note how the impaled prince appears for a moment.
I don't see the guard dying, though.
After this, it's impossible to move, but you can still open the menu and select GAME END.

Here is what happened in a similar case, in Hell of Palace, level 6:
teleport_guard.zip
(208.41 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Shauing wrote: July 5th, 2018, 3:20 am I discovered a similar one while in the making of one of my levels. If you go through a teleport and there is a crusher next to it, it will kill you but a sprite of the hourglass of the princess's room using the kid's palette will appear; the game soft locks as well.
I tried this as well, with partial success: The kid disappears and I can't do anything, but the hourglass doesn't appear.
teleport_crusher.zip
(159.51 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
NITM-T wrote: July 5th, 2018, 4:34 am If there a place where you can die by two forms or more, is possible that the hourglass show up. But it seems that the crusher make this easy to happen:
I see a crusher in the bottom left corner, but that's quite far from the hourglass.
Which level of which mod is this?
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it: Shadow's Story, level 6, room 15.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: July 7th, 2018, 3:33 pm I tried this as well, with partial success: The kid disappears and I can't do anything, but the hourglass doesn't appear.
teleport_crusher.zip
I put the crusher to the right.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: July 7th, 2018, 3:18 pm I don't see the guard dying, though.
After this, it's impossible to move, but you can still open the menu and select GAME END.
That depends how you do it and where like this room:

Also, the game stucks like Norbert said, but not a real thing. The game still rolling like the song, candles and stuff, so you can try again by use the menu.
David wrote: July 7th, 2018, 3:33 pm I see a crusher in the bottom left corner, but that's quite far from the hourglass.
Yeah, that crusher there will make Prince show up in the next room by itself if you die while passing by the left room where it is to the right one which it cannot kill you. So, as it was activated, it can kill you while you is in the flicker or in the right room (room 15 in my mod), but as I said, Prince can die there with more than one way thanks to the stars, then funny deaths may happens like the hourglass' sprite. That's why I put those two there. But, this isn't the real thing the player must do there, or course.

These glitches were two of a few more I was going to tell you about them in that thread before that the developers didn't notice them, but I didn't because I was posted things that some people did already.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

NITM-T wrote: July 8th, 2018, 6:20 am That depends how you do it and where like this room:
Indeed, it works in the purple guard's room.
Norbert wrote "level 15, lower right room", that's why I tried it in the room with the blue guard.
(See the level map here: http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/Pr ... evel15.png )

I'm wondering why does the guard die, though.
Shauing wrote: July 7th, 2018, 10:09 pm I put the crusher to the right.
That's how I tried it first, but then nothing special happens.
Maybe you could post a video about it?
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:16 am Indeed, it works in the purple guard's room.
Norbert wrote "level 15, lower right room", that's why I tried it in the room with the blue guard.
(See the level map here: http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/Pr ... evel15.png )

I'm wondering why does the guard die, though.
Yeah, I know. But like I said: "that depends how you do it and where". Maybe Norbert tried this only there? How about the Red Guard:

That you did before, you can do that, too (1st pic). I used the cheat because the guard has to die before attack you. I really don't have sure about it, but may be possible for some mod.
The 2nd and 3rd pics, show the sword and a potion instead Prince's sprite and the hourglass. Or course that, you can only see them if you press 1 (graphics layer 1). Each one is a different way to use the teleport like, left and right, the side where the guard is...
The sprite before the sword and potion:

The fact of the guard dies, is again that thing I said about have 255 HP and like you test with less HP and math. Here, you can see the same Purple Guard with 255 HP that survived after attack me:

Their original HP doesn't allow this.

EDIT: For the 1st pic, we can use Shadow (for a mod) since it can stand there without die when we put the sword away:

But is better put something to trigger something or you'll be stuck there. So, like Hell of Palace, we could do this:

Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:16 am That's how I tried it first, but then nothing special happens.
Maybe you could post a video about it?

(The room to which I get teleported is loaded correctly, it is incomplete and it does look like that).
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

NITM-T wrote: July 8th, 2018, 12:19 pmBut is better put something to trigger something or you'll be stuck there. So, like Hell of Palace, we could do this:

Heh, that's pretty funny. :)
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Hahaha, yeah. Also, this could be like a test that I like to do: You can only beat this level if you have 5 HP, since you lose 4 before clear the level. Then, if you have less, it's game over:

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Shauing wrote: July 12th, 2018, 4:33 am [video]
Thank you!
Based on your video, I could finally reproduce the glitch.
It seems that to see the glitch, I have to enter the teleport at a certain moment within the crusher's animation.
If I'm entering too late or too early then nothing happens.

I placed a crusher on the original Level 15, room 9, at the right-side teleport, and this happens if I press up at the right moment:
teleport_crusher_hourglass.png
teleport_crusher_hourglass.png (11.95 KiB) Viewed 4881 times
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: July 14th, 2018, 4:18 pm
Thank you!
Based on your video, I could finally reproduce the glitch.
It seems that to see the glitch, I have to enter the teleport at a certain moment within the crusher's animation.
If I'm entering too late or too early then nothing happens.

I placed a crusher on the original Level 15, room 9, at the right-side teleport, and this happens if I press up at the right moment:
teleport_crusher_hourglass.png
Yes, it has to be done practically at the exact frame. And I think the hourglass sprite that appears, coincides with the time remaining for the game to be completed.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Shauing wrote: July 14th, 2018, 5:47 pm Yes, it has to be done practically at the exact frame.
Yes, but you forgot to tell us this important little detail, I only figured it out from your video. :)
Shauing wrote: July 14th, 2018, 5:47 pm And I think the hourglass sprite that appears, coincides with the time remaining for the game to be completed.
I don't think so.
Here is a screenshot with time up, but it still shows the hourglass with all sand in the top.
teleport_crusher_hourglass_time_up.png
teleport_crusher_hourglass_time_up.png (12.18 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: July 14th, 2018, 6:08 pm Yes, but you forgot to tell us this important little detail, I only figured it out from your video. :)
I did said it on the description of the video, but I think it wasn't clear enough, heh. :lol:
David wrote: July 14th, 2018, 6:08 pm I don't think so.
Here is a screenshot with time up, but it still shows the hourglass with all sand in the top.
teleport_crusher_hourglass_time_up.png
Huh, you're right. I tried to do the trick after beating a few levels, but it still displays the same sprite.
Teleport Crusher Glitch.png
Teleport Crusher Glitch.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I'm guessing a new SNES mod will arrive next month? :)
Attachments
September_2018.jpg