Repetition of Time

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Re: Repetition of Time

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

yourantumayel69 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 3:49 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 1:57 pm I have found few shortcuts, and I'm planning to try it again, this time, maybe in 40 mins with score 140 mins.
What are you talking about?
I saw this playthrough by Koaloutre/Bap here (48 mins 18 sec with score 132 mins 42 sec) ;)
Even I have finished it in with almost the same timing... But now I can finish it in 40 mins, saving 8 mins somewhere.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Yay! 141:[something] is the final score, I used all the possible bugs, tricks, shortcuts. I have recorded an SDLPoP replay (31KB), I need to re-run it and record the video. I'll upload in next few days :)

Stutav
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Stutav »

I just finished this game about an hour ago. It's pretty hard.
Causes a pro-cat revolution in Doggerland
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Stutav wrote: October 15th, 2020, 12:46 am I just finished this game about an hour ago. It's pretty hard.
I have played it more than 5 times, it's too easy after you play it repeatedly (Repetition Of Play :P).

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

I think this is the most fastest speedrun of all time of this mod? Anyone can do any better improvements? Maybe SuavePrince :P

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 15th, 2020, 5:22 pm I think this is the most fastest speedrun of all time of this mod? Anyone can do any better improvements? Maybe SuavePrince :P
Hey..Repétition of time its a great mod..never try beat it..but nice..
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

SuavePrince wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:06 am
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 15th, 2020, 5:22 pm I think this is the most fastest speedrun of all time of this mod? Anyone can do any better improvements? Maybe SuavePrince :P
Hey..Repétition of time its a great mod..never try beat it..but nice..
Can you try passing it faster than me?

dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

ROT is such a brilliant mod. Everything is just so well thought out. And almost every tile on every level had a purpose and did not suffer from common layout issues with mods.

The mod definitely gets easier once you know how to play it. The most challenging things were a run through chompers and falling tiles on level 10, which is actually optional as you can skip one of the "repetitions". And the run over falling tiles on level 7 would be very tough without the quick save functionality.

There are 3 major bugs though. You can skip the shadow on level 6 by abusing a gate bug skipping 40% of the level. You can also float through a wall on one of the levels skipping 90% of the level. There is also another bug, which is not helpful at all, where if you get to the huge spilled potion through a wrong side of the room above, the room at the top right of the level door will be missing tiles required to open it due to broken room links.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

dmitrys wrote: October 26th, 2020, 10:50 pmROT is such a brilliant mod.
I agree. And I'm still wondering how it's possible that KingOfPersia never returned to say hi. Surely they must be aware of how popular and well-known their mod has become. And it was their first mod (and only, I think), even.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

dmitrys wrote: October 26th, 2020, 10:50 pm There is also another bug, which is not helpful at all, where if you get to the huge spilled potion through a wrong side of the room above, the room at the top right of the level door will be missing tiles required to open it due to broken room links.
Can you please explain further? I didn't understand you well, or maybe because I haven't yet observed the map of any level.
Norbert wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:57 am
dmitrys wrote: October 26th, 2020, 10:50 pmROT is such a brilliant mod.
I agree. And I'm still wondering how it's possible that KingOfPersia never returned to say hi. Surely they must be aware of how popular and well-known their mod has become. And it was their first mod (and only, I think), even.
I wish, he would come back and create more mods (yes, at least to say hi), ROT is a classic mod, which should be promoted like spam! People keep saying to Jordan Mechner in the comment sections of his channel: bring back Prince Of Persia. For example, in videos like this and also this If they play ROT, they would be surprised a lot. Sometimes I think ROT was created by Jordan himself :D Such perfection can't be of anybody else. :P

Maybe they created another with another name or something like that. Similar to how Ararat is being created by Aram Sev as he told here. Don't know if that's a joke or it's truth. By design and complexity, maybe it's true.

dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

Watch the top 2 tiles on the right of the room in thumbnail. If you get to the right edge of that room and decide to go back or hang off the ledge then get up, there is no way to finish the level.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

dmitrys wrote: October 27th, 2020, 6:50 am Watch the top 2 tiles on the right of the room in thumbnail. If you get to the right edge of that room and decide to go back or hang off the ledge then get up, there is no way to finish the level.
Yes, I had noticed that, that's right. Maybe KingOfPersia should also have just put the raise tile on the left itself. Because after getting to the right, maybe you decide to get down and see, again, you can't complete the level.

And also the bug in the video. It can be fixed if you just add a closed gate or something like that...

No mod is perfect without bugs. Someone, sooner or later would definitely find lot of bugs in it...

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Another bug in Level 10! :D :P

Now, we can save more 5 mins :lol: :)

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 2:18 pmAnother bug in Level 10! :D :P [video] Now, we can save more 5 mins :lol: :)
Damn... :shock:
And the video that shows it even includes a 'hard jump' at the start to make it extra bad ass. ;)