SNES Mod : The Temple of Ruins 2.0

spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

SNES Mod : The Temple of Ruins 2.0

Post by spartacus735 »

SNES Mod : The Temple of Ruins

Hi, today I release a old mod of mine with a update.

For those who watched my videos, in the past I made the mod: temple of ruins, a small levelset who gave me my first true experience with Pr1snesleved. After years, some peoples asked me to release a new version of it and of course a download link.

Feel free to send me feedback, it's not suppose to be a big project but for those who waiting the new version of "The lost Bottle" it's a little present of me !

Levelset : 7
Color/Palettes : Yes
HexaHacks : Minor
Difficulty : Easy/Medium

Link : Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t42chw1q ... 0.smc/file ( temple of ruins ROM/SMC File )
IPS File (You need the 0.smc rom of Kaslghnoon) :
Prince of Persia The temple of Ruins 2.0.ips
(169.09 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
If you have bug/issue send me a PM. Thx all.

PS: I will add some screenshot for the forum and Popot.org
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Re: SNES Mod : The Temple of Ruins 2.0

Post by yourantumayel69 »

I'm sorry but I don't comment anything about SNES mod😇
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

yourantumayel69 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:50 pm I'm sorry but I don't comment anything about SNES mod😇
Hum ok, then why you're here ? Anyway do you like the update ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Long time no see that one! I believe it was my 2nd mod I played before I learned about this forum.
Anyway, I remember that it was the first I couldn't understood what the meaning of those loose and opens buttons in the walls (in order to find exits, I had to press 1, 2... on the keyboard), hahaha. How can I climb/press/step on them inside the walls? Then, I got all my questions answered, here. But back then, it took me some time to beat it. That was cool!

I reached level 8 and was an original SNES level. Then, 9, 10... What's happens here? I looked for answers and I understood that, probably, the person didn't finish like a few Super Mario World and Super Metroid mods that weren't finished, either, which, was too bad.

It's been a long time, but is better to see you've some plans for it than nothing. That's good mod. It's not hard, but not that easy, either. Which, I believe is a kind of mod most people look for, indeed.

I think I got one more Life Potion, this time. Got 3, actually.
I'll been waiting for the news. Good luck!
May the Moon light your path.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

NITM-T wrote: June 16th, 2020, 11:33 am Long time no see that one! I believe it was my 2nd mod I played before I learned about this forum.
Anyway, I remember that it was the first I couldn't understood what the meaning of those loose and opens buttons in the walls (in order to find exits, I had to press 1, 2... on the keyboard), hahaha. How can I climb/press/step on them inside the walls? Then, I got all my questions answered, here. But back then, it took me some time to beat it. That was cool!

I reached level 8 and was an original SNES level. Then, 9, 10... What's happens here? I looked for answers and I understood that, probably, the person didn't finish like a few Super Mario World and Super Metroid mods that weren't finished, either, which, was too bad.

It's been a long time, but is better to see you've some plans for it than nothing. That's good mod. It's not hard, but not that easy, either. Which, I believe is a kind of mod most people look for, indeed.

I think I got one more Life Potion, this time. Got 3, actually.
I'll been waiting for the news. Good luck!
Thanks you ! You right, in the past I didn't know very much about the Hexa Hacks. That why I was not able to create the end of the game at level 7/8. Some peoples gave me feedback about some "secrets" levels (level 9 etc) on it but you right I didn't plan to make big levelsets. I'm sort of perfectionist, when I got new skills I prefer to create a new mod than complete the mod, it can be frustating for the player but for me it make sence. Also, this mod had lot of bugs on it (254 tile error, graphic errors, colors a little bit glitchy etc), but like you said it was one of first mod to be on YT, so I decided to change my work process to work on it again.

Thanks for the best times, you're welcome !
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Hey there Spartacus! I played your mod (even though I shouldn't have as I have a lot homework pending but you played both of my mods, so I thought I should do the same).
I never played the original version, so this is the first time I play this mod.
Level design is pretty good and challenging enough without really needing expert/speedrunner tricks (of which I barely know or even use at all).
The color palette is pretty attractive as well, both on the levels and the characters.
Only a few things I didn't like:
- Really strict time to solve a puzzle
- One-option-only specific moves to solve a puzzle
- One-attempt only or die/softlock
- Hidden potions in walls that don't look different from the rest (this includes finishing Level 4, had to look on a walkthrough as I couldn't figure out where to go)
- Falling damage to continue (In Level 5 you need at least to grab one life potion or else you won't beat the level)
Minor nitpicks:
- Only two different level types (I understand this was made in 2012 and it's something more ''simple'', but this being an update, would have been nice to see more variety)
- Three music cues only
- Most sub-bosses/guards can be skipped

Still, I played it and completed it. Only used ''game end'' when dying far away into the level after learning how to navigate it, and only used save states on the last level as you can softlock/die pretty easily there. This one is decent enough and mostly playable/accesible.

I do hope that when ''The Lost Bottle'' is released, it would be a much more realized and complete experience.
Prince of Persia The temple of Ruins 2.0000.png
Prince of Persia The temple of Ruins 2.0000.png (9.79 KiB) Viewed 6117 times
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: June 16th, 2020, 11:38 pm Hey there Spartacus! I played your mod (even though I shouldn't have as I have a lot homework pending but you played both of my mods, so I thought I should do the same).
I never played the original version, so this is the first time I play this mod.
Level design is pretty good and challenging enough without really needing expert/speedrunner tricks (of which I barely know or even use at all).
The color palette is pretty attractive as well, both on the levels and the characters.
Only a few things I didn't like:
- Really strict time to solve a puzzle
- One-option-only specific moves to solve a puzzle
- One-attempt only or die/softlock
- Hidden potions in walls that don't look different from the rest (this includes finishing Level 4, had to look on a walkthrough as I couldn't figure out where to go)
- Falling damage to continue (In Level 5 you need at least to grab one life potion or else you won't beat the level)
Minor nitpicks:
- Only two different level types (I understand this was made in 2012 and it's something more ''simple'', but this being an update, would have been nice to see more variety)
- Three music cues only
- Most sub-bosses/guards can be skipped

Still, I played it and completed it. Only used ''game end'' when dying far away into the level after learning how to navigate it, and only used save states on the last level as you can softlock/die pretty easily there. This one is decent enough and mostly playable/accesible.

I do hope that when ''The Lost Bottle'' is released, it would be a much more realized and complete experience.
Prince of Persia The temple of Ruins 2.0000.png
Thx for your comment. You right with "one option only". In the past, my mods was very linear. For the One-attempt, I consider everybody use savestates, In the "lost bottle" some traps have this kind of process. For the hidden potions you right, in the past I made a focus on the original level 17 with the hide potion.. The falling damage for me are important in PoP, look the "quiet level" mod some levels are focus in this strategy.

The update was attempt to conserve the original aspect of 'temple of ruins" so I didn't think at any moments to do that but maybe you right but you know it's only 7 levels.

Like I said the release of "the lost bottle" will be this year I wish, it depend if the graphic editor release too late or not. I promise to give more information in the futur. Thank you.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

I will play it when I get time, it looks interesting
Does anyone know why it is not on popot?
SNES modders, I want to be one of yours
I will start finishing the original Game.
--Emiliano Fierro Salazar-- 2020/09/24 12:30
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Emiliano Fierro wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:30 pm I will play it when I get time, it looks interesting
Does anyone know why it is not on popot?
SNES modders, I want to be one of yours
I will start finishing the original Game.
--Emiliano Fierro Salazar-- 2020/09/24 12:30
See this: viewtopic.php?p=28921#p28921

By the way, I don't comment anything about SNES mods :)
--Youran Tumayel-- 2020/10/10 19:55
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

spartacus735 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 7:46 pm
yourantumayel69 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:50 pm I'm sorry but I don't comment anything about SNES mod😇
Hum ok, then why you're here ? Anyway do you like the update ?
Hi, spartacus735 why you don't upload your mod in popot.org?
Screenshot_20210215-195328_Samsung Internet.jpg
--Youran Tumayel-- 2021/02/15 19:55
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Hello to all

Today, I publish my mod on Popot.org.

Link : https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=S000031

For those who are wondering, no I am not inactive on the Pop project. For the last two years I was busy with university and finally graduated.

As for "the lost bottle" I am still working on it, very slowly but the mod will be good I think. I can't say when I will release the final version, I don't want to disappoint you.

I will give you more details in the future.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

spartacus735 wrote: March 5th, 2023, 12:06 am[...] graduated.
Congratulations. :)