Prince Of Persia - 30th Anniversary Port

spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Prince Of Persia - 30th Anniversary Port

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: June 10th, 2020, 11:13 pm
spartacus735 wrote: June 10th, 2020, 10:32 pm Very impressive Shauning how did you manage your mod !

The convertion in my opinion is very accurate. How did you change the HP's image ? what the name of the tool ?

You've gained skill with this mod ! Good Job !
Hey Spartacus! Glad to see you around and thank you!
The HP image can be changed with a normal sprite tool editor; it is one of the few uncompressed sprites that can be changed. One of them is called YY-CHR, but there's others like Tile Molester or Tile Layer Pro. The sprites are located roughly at offset 051FCD.
Thx for the advice but it doesn't work me haha

Do you have a screenshot of the tool during the modification ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:10 am Thx for the advice but it doesn't work me haha

Here it is, I wrote the wrong offset, it moves around depending of the mod. On the unmodified non-headered rom, is at 0563E4. Be sure to have to have the same first nine colors so that the correct palette is displayed (you can pull them off from the Pr1SNESLevEd editor).
Spoiler: show
0563E4.png
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Version 1.0.5 has been released:
https://bit.ly/PoP30th105

@Norbert , if you can, change the file on PoPOT.org with this one.

@Falcury or any other administrator/moderator, be sure of change the link of the first post with the above one and add the following text if possible:

List of changes from v1.0:
- A few graphical and minor gameplay changes for a more faithful adaptation of the DOS port.
- One wall column remnant removed.
- One door closed by mistake fixed.
- One level start facing direction fixed.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:28 am
spartacus735 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:10 am Thx for the advice but it doesn't work me haha

Here it is, I wrote the wrong offset, it moves around depending of the mod. On the unmodified non-headered rom, is at 0563E4. Be sure to have to have the same first nine colors so that the correct palette is displayed (you can pull them off from the Pr1SNESLevEd editor).
0563E4.png
hp bottle test.png
Work ! Thx very much for the trick. I think I will add this in my mod "the lost bottle".
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:32 am@Norbert , if you can, change the file on PoPOT.org with this one.
Done.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:05 pm hp bottle test.png

Work ! Thx very much for the trick. I think I will add this in my mod "the lost bottle".
Looks really nice. How's that mod going by the way?
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: June 12th, 2020, 2:55 am
spartacus735 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:05 pm hp bottle test.png

Looks really nice. How's that mod going by the way?
Currently I've done most part of the level 13 (I have project to do 20 levelset instead of the 10 levelsets of the version 1).

Actually I try to make 2 jaffars characters ( like twin brother ). If I spend a lot of time on this project it's cause i'm pretty slow to make maze/puzzle challenge. I need a lot of time to find some ideas for the player.

Also, to be honest I was waiting the release of your mod because you introduce new hacks in Pop Snes modding like the end with the intro backgrounds wish can be useful for me to have more inspiration in my process making.
lost bottle progress.png
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 3:37 pm
Currently I've done most part of the level 13 (I have project to do 20 levelset instead of the 10 levelsets of the version 1).

Actually I try to make 2 jaffars characters ( like twin brother ). If I spend a lot of time on this project it's cause i'm pretty slow to make maze/puzzle challenge. I need a lot of time to find some ideas for the player.

Also, to be honest I was waiting the release of your mod because you introduce new hacks in Pop Snes modding like the end with the intro backgrounds wish can be useful for me to have more inspiration in my process making.
lost bottle progress.png
Oh a full 20 levels mod? Nice!

Two Jaffars, nice idea. Yeah, it is better to have really well crafted levels even though it takes a long time, than just trying to finish the mod as quick as possible.

That level preview looks great, you are pretty good with new dungeon palettes and new wall designs.

Haha, you can introduce new hacks too depending of what pops into your head. Hope the hacks I have asked inspire and work on your mods too.
I do plan a very ambitious last mod, but I'm taking a bit of time off before actually starting to do it. There's still some things left that can be fine-tuned for the 30th anniversary port and perhaps The Queen Of Light.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: June 12th, 2020, 11:02 pm
spartacus735 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 3:37 pm

lost bottle progress.png
Oh a full 20 levels mod? Nice!

Two Jaffars, nice idea. Yeah, it is better to have really well crafted levels even though it takes a long time, than just trying to finish the mod as quick as possible.

That level preview looks great, you are pretty good with new dungeon palettes and new wall designs.

Haha, you can introduce new hacks too depending of what pops into your head. Hope the hacks I have asked inspire and work on your mods too.
I do plan a very ambitious last mod, but I'm taking a bit of time off before actually starting to do it. There's still some things left that can be fine-tuned for the 30th anniversary port and perhaps The Queen Of Light.
Thx ! I think palettes and design is cleary the most thing I like to do. I always had ideas to make new pop ambiant style. That why I made some tutorials video about it.

What sort of ambitious mod would you make ? After the "lost Bottle" I think I will create a normal difficulty game like the original but with big hack on it (colors ,menu, sprite, music).
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Shauing wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:32 am @Falcury or any other administrator/moderator, be sure of change the link of the first post with the above one and add the following text if possible:
Done: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:00 pm
Thx ! I think palettes and design is cleary the most thing I like to do. I always had ideas to make new pop ambiant style. That why I made some tutorials video about it.

What sort of ambitious mod would you make ? After the "lost Bottle" I think I will create a normal difficulty game like the original but with big hack on it (colors ,menu, sprite, music).
Indeed, those tutorials are great by the way, hope you do more tutorials.

Can't wait to see both ''The Lost Bottle'' and the next mod you intend to do.

Well, without revealing that much (though I will document the development process when I start doing so), I think you have read the intended title and a few things I asked for that mod here in the forum, and it is intended to be really huge and long (all 27 levels will be playable and still not sure of the time limit yet; with just saying that the only best time that will be registered will be the final total time might give you an idea). I was also toying with the idea of some really subtle changes of run/jump physics but probably that's too complicated to manipulate.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:31 pm
spartacus735 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Indeed, those tutorials are great by the way, hope you do more tutorials.

Can't wait to see both ''The Lost Bottle'' and the next mod you intend to do.

Well, without revealing that much (though I will document the development process when I start doing so), I think you have read the intended title and a few things I asked for that mod here in the forum, and it is intended to be really huge and long (all 27 levels will be playable and still not sure of the time limit yet; with just saying that the only best time that will be registered will be the final total time might give you an idea). I was also toying with the idea of some really subtle changes of run/jump physics but probably that's too complicated to manipulate.
Yep, I already read the project of 27 levelsets, big project indeed. Change the physics of the game will be fantastic. If you want to learn some tricks you can read the topic : viewtopic.php?f=122&t=4085 it's about "quiet levels" and one part of the topic is how to manage a permanent "slow fall" effect for the level 7, it can be a good start for your research.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 9:31 pm Yep, I already read the project of 27 levelsets, big project indeed. Change the physics of the game will be fantastic. If you want to learn some tricks you can read the topic : viewtopic.php?f=122&t=4085 it's about "quiet levels" and one part of the topic is how to manage a permanent "slow fall" effect for the level 7, it can be a good start for your research.
Oh yeah, the slow fall effect one I think it's one I will use for one level at least.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Just finished it, again. Good job with the fixes.

I saw 3 things, but only one matters, I believe. One I already mentioned. But since you didn't change, there's no point talking about.
Sceneries with skulls from SNES, both tiles and walls.
Running Checkpoint, Level 3. On Dos he doesn't run and starts on the tile left to the Potion. I believe "start running" is exclusive for SNES. Maybe, other versions I didn't play.
Skeleton's facing left by falling from the right on SNES, Level 3 (can't say if this is possible to change). Another room, maybe...
May the Moon light your path.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Shauing, Could you please tell me what room of what level is this one?
I just don't remember it :|
Thanks
Attachments
I don't know what room is this.png