NEW SNES MOD:Levels Of Illusion (SNES)

4DPlayer

NEW SNES MOD:Levels Of Illusion (SNES)

Post by 4DPlayer »

Thanks to everyone from this forum for giving me all the knowledge I needed to build this mod!

Levels of Illusion (SNES)
Basically meant to be the SNES version of my Dos mod, although only the beginnings of levels 3 and 4 and parts of level 7 resemble the DOS Mod’s levels. It’s mostly a guard fighting game as opposed to a Tricks game, but it’s not bad for a first snes mod!
Start time: 120 Mins.
HP START: 3
Graphics: Edited (almost all except for the red levels, and the shadow.)
Hexa hacks: Texts, winning level, some guard skill ( I did something wrong with the ending texts...It only shows: “The General is dead. The prison is locked”. Also the ending highlights with the Prince fighting may appear glitched)

Trailer:

About the Levels:
Level 1: In the mines.
It’s really a fast level where you find the sword, fight two white faced guards and exit the level. Potion of warp is used as a shortcut. Music is off in this level.
5958C231-116C-4033-928F-34C6CA4FF5D7.jpeg

Level 2: Teleports and the first life.
You get you first life potion in this level and skip the potion or not, the level is quick enough.

Level 3: Traps and illusion.
Flying on air! Invisible Prince! (In wall) Two choppers and a pounder.(Still less then some other SNES mods). This level is kind of long.
C9CFC7D7-C092-4887-842F-822F98CFAA64.jpeg
76006EE3-124B-46A9-B06B-8632231CCE94.jpeg

Level 4: In the sky.
Much of this level is in the sky with clouds moving next to you. A Potion is easy to find as always.

Level 5: By the seaside and the strange fat guard.
You will fight a guard by the seaside and meet a new fat guard who will sometimes look like Shadow.
103D4CBB-9F01-4375-88EB-D3C7C63AEC2D.jpeg
69642FF3-84ED-4D86-AC8F-B82B7DD66DBA.jpeg

Level 6: Similar to original.
This level is similar to Levels Of Illusion Dos version level 6 only without the odd room links. You will meet the Amazon guard here and remember “a level door isn’t always a level door...”

Level 7: Many Pillars.
Parts of this level are similar to level 5 of the DOS version. Strange illusion rooms with many pillars are contained in this level.

Level 8: Into the scenery.
Probably the level with the most “illusion”.
AA0B9B19-9934-44A0-B458-BE6104443AF9.jpeg
0004D55F-FE47-41A1-9F6B-5D917A912A8E.jpeg

Level 9: The Royal guards and invisible shadow.
The red and blue fat guards await you! One opens a boss gate. Also, I don’t know why, but in this level the shadow the closes your gate is for some reason invisible although you see his lives on the screen.

Level 10: Quick out of the red levels!
I made this level very fast on purpose because I didn’t really like the red levels from the start :? So enjoy some break.

Level 11: Potion of flight and bumpy bricks.
Use the flight potion to go down and make your way to the level door. (Another quick level)

Level 12: Identical?
The Level seems exactly the same until...(you must find out)

Level 13: The checkered palace.
Here you will face a tricky guilitone, and your shadow (who doesn’t act, again I don’t know why). Don’t get the potion next to the fire. It’s too much effort and anyways, it’s a kill potion :P
420F0F30-57AF-453B-BF8C-ECADA14DC296.jpeg

Level 14: All by yourself.
In this level I turned off music so it seems like it’s a quiet part of the Palace. It’s an easy puzzle to get out, but once again, you will need to use illusion.

Level 15: The final fights.
Most all guards will encounter you in this level including the general. You save the princess in this level and you can skip the general, but you most likely won’t since you will have so much time left.
768812CB-DD8F-49A3-8A9C-8ECFAD772758.jpeg
39E6F6F9-BFC2-4708-BE8E-FAAD3118AD9E.jpeg
4DPlayer

Re: NEW SNES MOD:Levels Of Illusion (SNES)

Post by 4DPlayer »

Since there was no room for files in the previous post, I am posting the ROM itself separately.
I hope some SNES players will come to the forum and play my mod! :D
Illusion(SNES).zip
(584.44 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Good job! I like to play SNES mods most. So, thanks for brigring that port!
Besides be a "glitched" mod, it has no difficult at all. It's nice to play it. And I thank you for said: "It’s mostly a guard fighting", so I figured that would be like SmallDung since I prefer to do tricks than to fight lots of guards, heh.

I don't know if I got all Life Potions, but
Spoiler: show
in the end, I did 'cause there's like, a bonus.
And I think that you
should put a door or something 'cause we don't need to kill the General, then the story makes no sense at all since we can simple, skip him.
Anyway, hope you bring more SNES mods to us to play them. Good luck!
May the Moon light your path.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

NITM-T wrote: August 24th, 2019, 8:30 am Good job! I like to play SNES mods most. So, thanks for brigring that port!
Besides be a "glitched" mod, it has no difficult at all. It's nice to play it. And I thank you for said: "It’s mostly a guard fighting", so I figured that would be like SmallDung since I prefer to do tricks than to fight lots of guards, heh.
And I think that you
should put a door or something 'cause we don't need to kill the General, then the story makes no sense at all since we can simple, skip him.
Anyway, hope you bring more SNES mods to us to play them. Good luck!
Thanks for playing!
You probably did get all the LPs since they are all easy to find in the game including the bonus.
It does make sense that there is a door with the General, yes.
If I have ideas, I will make more SNES mods!
And thanks to Norbert for adding it to Popot.org! https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=S000025
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Played it with rewinding/reverse enabled as I didn't have that much time to play. I completed it, and it isn't quite bad. The overall color palette for the levels and sprites didn't strain my eyes, but didn't quite look or complemented each other well.

The levels also have some incomplete/glitched look, which seems to be intentional, but personally makes it looks unfinished.
That being said, the overall idea for the levels is interesting, and it is mostly well-constructed, with the exception a few rooms having links to non-existing rooms, thus instant death.
And at least one level (I think almost the end of Level 13) having a loose tile not falling thus breaking on the same place, forcing to reset that level from the start.
I would have been more immersed and perhaps replay the mod if it were to look more polished/finished and less 'random'/glitched. Still, it is still decent enough to play.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Shauing wrote: August 25th, 2019, 9:38 am Played it with rewinding/reverse enabled as I didn't have that much time to play. I completed it, and it isn't quite bad. The overall color palette for the levels and sprites didn't strain my eyes, but didn't quite look or complemented each other well.

The levels also have some incomplete/glitched look, which seems to be intentional, but personally makes it looks unfinished.
That being said, the overall idea for the levels is interesting, and it is mostly well-constructed, with the exception a few rooms having links to non-existing rooms, thus instant death.
And at least one level (I think almost the end of Level 13) having a loose tile not falling thus breaking on the same place, forcing to reset that level from the start.
I would have been more immersed and perhaps replay the mod if it were to look more polished/finished and less 'random'/glitched. Still, it is still decent enough to play.
This was my “glitched” mod. The graphics are first time and most were a little experimenting until I got something I found suitable. The checkered palace and grey dungeon were the best, with the blue and golden palace on a lower level. When the Prince falls into a non-room I did that on purpose for the rooms in the “sky”. Perhaps my next mods will be more complete. I will keep on reading the SNES threads :)
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

4DPlayer wrote: August 25th, 2019, 3:04 pm This was my “glitched” mod. The graphics are first time and most were a little experimenting until I got something I found suitable. The checkered palace and grey dungeon were the best, with the blue and golden palace on a lower level. When the Prince falls into a non-room I did that on purpose for the rooms in the “sky”. Perhaps my next mods will be more complete. I will keep on reading the SNES threads :)
The ''glitched'' look could have been better visually with less clashing on the coloring, but I can see what was your intention. The checkered palace it's the best-looking indeed.
Hopefully, you will get better. You have some interesting ideas for new mods.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Thank you, Shauing.