The Queen Of Light (SNES Mod)

gemmephisto
Efendi
Efendi

Re: The Queen Of Light (SNES Mod)

Post by gemmephisto »

Sophisticated design! this mod is very interesting and The music in the trailer is very suitable for the scene.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

gemmephisto wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 6:37 pm Sophisticated design! this mod is very interesting and The music in the trailer is very suitable for the scene.
Thank you for your comments! Hope that you enjoy playing it, and maybe later see how well you did. Very happy to read your liking of the mod and the trailer's music (which I am planning to implement on the title screen on a 2.0 version of the mod, albeit minus the intro of the tune).
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

A small update:
The 2.0 version is practically finished.
It is a custom color version of my mod; changes were mainly aesthetic ones. Few graphical changes were done, and practically 99% of the rooms remained the same.
I am just adding a new arrangement I did for the Menu music, and re-writing the staff roll credits.
I was going to do an entire new soundtrack, but I am pretty insecure about doing so, and I take my time with writing compositions. I don't have yet a film's composer immediate ability and fluidity to create 20 pieces before the year is over (as I don't want to keep working on the same thing for another year).
If custom sprites becomes a reality, then I might reconsider do an entire new soundtrack, to make a final 3.0 version. If not, 2.0 will be considered the final version.
I plan to release it before March ends.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Well, it is finally here, version 2.0 of the mod.

List of changes from v1.0.2:
- New custom palette colorization for the entire game (From the title screen to the end credits, background, foreground and character sprites).
- Minor aesthetic changes, mainly graphical errors fixed.
- New music for the Title Screen/Prologue and a new musical arrangement of the Menu music done by myself.
- Fixed some places where the Prince could get stuck with no way out, mainly on Training levels.
- Very few rooms with very minor changes in structure.
- Staff roll updated.

I might later do a playthrough video of it, or if someone else wants to do it, I would love to see it.
Hope you enjoy playing this update!

Download link here: http://bit.ly/2CJAyJp

(If some admin can copy this post and add it below the first one, I would appreciate it a lot - didn't want to do another thread to announce an update)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

It's all very polished, nice work.
I'm curious how much time you've invested to transition from v1.0.2 to this new v2.0.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 2:01 am It's all very polished, nice work.
I'm curious how much time you've invested to transition from v1.0.2 to this new v2.0.
Thank you, Norbert! Even though not many people lurk over here anymore, I hope people will enjoy it and comment about it. I still hope to see somebody's playthrough of it, but that seems a far-fetched dream.

Well, I started working on it around January 21st, and finished just yesterday (April 1st).
But it was very on-and-off, sometimes I would work on it between one to three days for around 1 to 3-4 hours, but then not work on it between a week to (at least one time) almost a month.
So roughly, it was one month of actual work-time I invested on it.

Inserting the arrangement I did for the Menu music* was what took the longest to implement, as I needed a lot of writing space to fit it all, and had to practically reestructure the space. In fact, one audio channel is empty due to space limitations (Channel 8). It would have been used as echo/reverb of Channels 1 and 2 though, so not a big deal.

This might be the final version of the mod, if custom sprites never become a possibility.

*EDIT: As well as inserting my own original tune for the title/prologue.
Last edited by Shauing on April 3rd, 2019, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 5:20 amInserting the arrangement I did for the Menu music was what took the longest to implement, as I needed [...]
It's also one of the very unique things about this mod.
Makes it stand out from other (SNES) mods.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 6:16 pm It's also one of the very unique things about this mod.
Makes it stand out from other (SNES) mods.
I don't know if it would have been a good idea to do an entire new soundtrack; it's a pretty daunting task to replace such iconic music with something that might not be up to the standard. Though it was Poorchop's very positive reception of the trailer music that motivated me enough to find and manage to insert it as the prologue/title screen music, plus do an arrangement of the Menu music and insert it as well.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Amazing stuff you did there, buddy! With custom colors and a small, but a great achievement, the custom musics. Well done \m/.
That new version was more challenging, I had to think about some flashes from the first one, hahaha. But this time, I got the Good Ending, but only 4 Life Potions. It seems I've to try harder next time :lol: . After finish some stuff here, I'll try the Training levels, as well.

Besides the demo, you also did "non-glitched" memories. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that was the first one I saw.
Ending is nice, too! A night style. Really liked! And thanks for the credits, once again ^_^.
It seems Shadow wanted to tell another story. Was cool to see him there. Thanks, man!

I'm sorry, but I'm going to show you this, again:
Spoiler: show
Still happining. Not like before, but may happens if you press Down or Up.
I wish custom sprites become reality for us someday and then, we'd see a complete mod like you want.
Thanks for made that mod and hope you want to make more in the future!
May the Moon light your path.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

NITM-T wrote: April 6th, 2019, 5:37 pm Amazing stuff you did there, buddy! With custom colors and a small, but a great achievement, the custom musics. Well done \m/.
That new version was more challenging, I had to think about some flashes from the first one, hahaha. But this time, I got the Good Ending, but only 4 Life Potions. It seems I've to try harder next time :lol: . After finish some stuff here, I'll try the Training levels, as well.

Thank you! Glad that you played it again, and this time you finished it on time! You can beat the game without grabbing life potions. It is really tough but not impossible. Hopefully, you'll find all of them next time. I was considering again to let time still ticking on the final confrontation, but that wouldn't be fair for new players.
Hope you enjoy the training levels when you play them!
NITM-T wrote: April 6th, 2019, 5:37 pm Besides the demo, you also did "non-glitched" memories. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that was the first one I saw.
Ending is nice, too! A night style. Really liked! And thanks for the credits, once again ^_^.
It seems Shadow wanted to tell another story. Was cool to see him there. Thanks, man!
The recaps were also on v1.0, but you didn't get to see them on your last playthrough.
I toyed with another night palette for the staff roll, but settled with this one, I'll probably will use the other one on a different mod (if I ever get to do it - I have some ideas but I need David's help again - which I am not sure if he'll want to after last time :lol:).
Haha, I just noticed that my shadow colorization is closer to yours in the ''Shadow's Story'' mod. Let's say it's sort of a spin-off/gaiden story for him :P
NITM-T wrote: April 6th, 2019, 5:37 pm I'm sorry, but I'm going to show you this, again:
Still happining. Not like before, but may happens if you press Down or Up.
It's okay that you keep pointing me to unintentional stuff there. It's fixed now! Thanks again!
NITM-T wrote: April 6th, 2019, 5:37 pm I wish custom sprites become reality for us someday and then, we'd see a complete mod like you want.
Thanks for made that mod and hope you want to make more in the future!
I still hope for that too, but I am quite happy with what I have accomplished with this mod.
I have the remake pending and aiming to be released in time for the 30th anniversary of the original game's release.
After that, I have one more mod in mind, an original one, but very challenging (avoiding Kaizo Mario type of unfair difficulty).
Hope you come soon with more mods too!
Last edited by Shauing on April 7th, 2019, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert, here are some newer images of my mod you can use for popot.org, and if you could, download again v2.0 now with a minor glitch NITM-T pointed out fixed.

And if some admin can change or add the download link of 2.0 on the first post, I would appreciate it.
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)000.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)000.png (12.97 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)002.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)002.png (17.8 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)003.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)003.png (11.45 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)004.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)004.png (5.85 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)005.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)005.png (16.08 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)006.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)006.png (8.39 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)007.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)007.png (13.05 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)008.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)008.png (13.53 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)009.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)009.png (16.68 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)010.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)010.png (4.28 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: April 6th, 2019, 11:57 pmNorbert, here are some newer images of my mod you can use for popot.org, and if you could, download again v2.0 now with a minor glitch NITM-T pointed out fixed.
Sure, done.
(Note that I did not use your 010 image, because no more than nine screenshots can be included.)
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Shauing wrote: April 6th, 2019, 11:20 pm Thank you! Glad that you played it again, and this time you finished it on time! You can beat the game without grabbing life potions. It is really tough but not impossible. Hopefully, you'll find all of them next time. I was considering again to let time still ticking on the final confrontation, but that wouldn't be fair for new players.
Hope you enjoy the training levels when you play them!
I see. So, no "test-levels". I did that on my mods, twice. Like that, we'd make some challenge to beat your mod without get them.
I got there within 15 minutes. I thought I'd making in time, but then, I realize that the time thing didn't show up each 5 minutes. "Now I make it" I said or something, heh.
Yes, indeed!
Shauing wrote: April 6th, 2019, 11:20 pm The recaps were also on v1.0, but you didn't get to see them on your last playthrough.
I toyed with another night palette for the staff roll, but settled with this one, I'll probably will use the other one on a different mod (if I ever get to do it - I have some ideas but I need David's help again - which I am not sure if he'll want to after last time :lol:).
Haha, I just noticed that my shadow colorization is closer to yours in the ''Shadow's Story'' mod. Let's say it's sort of a spin-off/gaiden story for him :P
Indeed. Since I didn't beat the game within time. Also, since you were planning to make another version, I didn't play it till now. That's why.
Hahaha, yeah, sure thing. He like, went through some wall to make it there :cool:
Shauing wrote: April 6th, 2019, 11:20 pm It's okay that you keep pointing me to unintentional stuff there. It's fixed now! Thanks again!
Yep, you're welcome!
Shauing wrote: April 6th, 2019, 11:20 pm I still hope for that too, but I am quite happy with what I have accomplished with this mod.
I have the remake pending and aiming to be released in time for the 30th anniversary of the original game's release.
After that, I have one more mod in mind, an original one, but very challenging (avoiding Kaizo Mario type of unfair difficulty).
Hope you come soon with more mods too!
Yeah, that's right. This one was good enough!
Good to know you've more ideas! I don't play those Kaizo Mario, but I do something alike or probably, the same thing in my mods, heh.
That'd be cool, but I'm too lazy to make them. I've ideas for 2 more, but creativity to make 40 levels, ins't gonna happing that easy, hahaha.
May the Moon light your path.
gemmephisto
Efendi
Efendi

Post by gemmephisto »

HooHoo……I like the title screen music very much!play again and Look forward to another challenging mod which you made!Thanks again!
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: April 7th, 2019, 11:00 am
Sure, done.
(Note that I did not use your 010 image, because no more than nine screenshots can be included.)
Thank you, Norbert.