Twin Brother (trailer & download)

NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Twin Brother (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

My 5th mod! This one has 10 levels only. Time is 90 minutes.

Story:
A year has passed since Prince defeated Jaffar. But a mysterious warrior show up in the Kingdom and everyone were impressed how he looked like Jaffar and they were not mistaken.
It was when the warrior lifted and opened a Black Book which its pages contained flames and said: "I will avenge you with this book, brother!"
Brother??? Is that what he said? Prince asked himself still not understanding the situation. Then the warrior began to spell a magic which made the Palace shake, it was the dungeons being redone.
"Prince, you will pay for killing my brother. I, Jarrar, Jaffar's twin brother, will destroy you all because this Kingdom does not matter to me anymore, I just want to avenge my brother!!! But although we are twins, I can not use magic, so he gave me this Black Book and taught me how to spell the magics and even without full power, it's more than enough to end this place, mwahahaha!!!".

And so, the dungeons were redone, but because Jarrar did not possess magical power in himself, he only managed to use half power of the book, so only 10 levels were redone and out of order. But he also counts on the help of his army, of course.
Concerned about everyone's life, Prince ran after his sword, but just as he was weak by magic, his sword was destroyed as well, so he start to run and look for another one to return to the Red Palace and face Jarrar who, despite of his feeling of pure revenge, he imprisoned Princess and gave 90 minutes to Prince to face him in a deadly battle between warriors.

Good luck!

Downloads:
Normal color version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9keikr5y1 ... rother.smc

Custom color version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/74cr18a33 ... lor%29.smc

Special thanks goes to Shauing for asked about a way to make guards survive after fall to a room below and to David for give us the HEXs. Thanks guys! By the way, I just made one guard like that to not to ruim Shauing's mod ^_^.
May the Moon light your path.
juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: Twin Brother (trailer & download)

Post by juliano_did »

Congratulations, beautiful work.

You have to kill the jafar and run before the door closes. Very good.
Yes 10 feses I liked the first and last but I will finish Shadow's Story first.

I'm still stuck at level 18 room 8 of Shadow's Story v1.3.
I know the tricks of jumping on the spines of level 19 this has not helped me in level 18.

Taking advantage of the opportunity of this post if you could put a video there from the phase 18 thank you.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Thank you very much for download my mod!
So, you jump to the last level before start the game? Hahaha, ok. But you should to put that secret as spoiler, hahaha.

About level 18 from Shadow's Story, I think you're talking about room 9 where we have to use the trick 65 (since you did the same in level 19). Room 8 is to use trick 90.
Anyway, in the level 18, you can use the trick at same way that the video teach us, but in the level 19, don't. So, congrats for that. I like to change the way that we need to use tricks, heh.

Here you go:

juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

NITM-T Good morning.

No, this video room is room 9 that part of the thorn is easy.
Down room 8 8-26 closes at 7-13 I'm stuck there.
There seems to be a trick with on the thorn or opening the door 8-15 before.
I've been stuck on this level for 1 week.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Hey, there!
Oh, sorry, I thought that you was talking about trick 65 since you did the same in level 19.
So, like I said, for room 8 use the trick 90 to skip both door and loose:

juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

Right, thank you.
I had not found I'm going to continue my journey.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

This is very hard, i cant figure out most levels. But really good work
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

salvadorc17 wrote: June 14th, 2018, 3:07 am This is very hard, i cant figure out most levels. But really good work
Thank you very much for downloading my mod!
Yes, all they are. But none of them is harder than The Kingdom of the Dead, even the Alt Version, still very hard...

But you know, any doubt, just leave a comment and I'll give you a hint.
Good luck!
gemmephisto
Efendi
Efendi

Post by gemmephisto »

Excellent!We are sure this is hardest mod in all we played,but quite enjoyable!
there is some new tricks those are not in all DOS mods and SNES mods,and the selecting for the true escape route is so important that we need judge what we do first by observing the arrangement of the traps,quite clever design!
Spoiler: show
it's the question for forth level:in the start room,when prince is standing this point and jump to the closing chomper,finally,He can pass through the floor with needle and through this level.ImageImageImage
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Yeah, that's for sure. Even after I said "But none of them is harder than The Kingdom of the Dead" to salvadorc17 up there, that's not true. TB is the hardest. TKotD, is just too long and has too many obstacles almost like those Kaizo SMW or something.

Man, wow, that is what I call skip!!! I really didn't see that till now. I was suppressed that this time I didn't any kind of those mistakes again. But, I was wrong, hahaha. *All my mods has a tremendous skip just like this one that f*** the entire level. *I think the only one that doesn't has is Shadow's S. I only think, probably has one or more, heh. That skip for this mod is the fastest I've see in my mods!
Anyway, congrats to find that! As a glitch hunter, I never found my own stuff to fix them, hahaha. That was a nice shoot, my friend! You've skipped one those best levels I did for this mod. That level 4 is something 'cause it's like you said: "there is some new tricks those are not in all DOS mods and SNES mods". That's correct. I like to make a new way to use those tricks and there're a few of them that only works for SNES version. In my channel, I did a playlist with all of them, I mean, only those for SNES. There're many that doesn't work well on SNES version or maybe, I didn't find a way to make it, but probably not or something. There're other that I didn't make 'cause they look like techniques than tricks to me, no offense.

Anyway, that kind of death it's pretty know, but I totally forgot about it. We can do something alike to skip Monster in the original game that, before die, the hit makes Prince walk and fall to the left skipping the door. So, with the chumper or fire, the Prince'll fall until vanish like we can see here:
Spoiler: show
I've to say, the only thing I thought I've messed was the time for the last level. When we change the original level 20 to be other, automatically, the time stops for that level, in this case, level 10. So, I forget to make it keep running like TTP's first version. So, the time for those levels are infinite. Well, it's what happens when you make a mod within a month or less :lol:

Anyway, I'd say, for a Speedrun, that skip is wonderful because that level 4 makes you fry your brain to clear it 'cause it's like you also said: "the selecting for the true escape route is so important that we need judge what we do first by observing the arrangement of the traps". That's why no one (that I know) has beated this mod, yet :twisted:
Keep going, man. Let's see if you guys can find more skips in the next levels :D Good luck!
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

Hey :lol: , friend, the two download links can't be used. I want to save the original color version. It hasn't been saved before. Please send it again! The other three ALT version download addresses can't be used, by the way. If a novice comes to the forum and sees your mod, you can play! :lol: :lol:
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

As I said in the other thread:
NITM-T wrote: August 1st, 2020, 2:17 pm Just to you to know, those downloads links are all broken. After the alt versions, I kept editing a few more things, so only in the alt versions video, people will find the most recent files. Still, no one has asked here 'cause they know will be waste of time to play something too hard and no entertainment at all for them...
For Twin Brother, you've to go in its trailer video, as well. On video description in my channel, there's a new download link. Also, it's only the custom color version, now. After more than 1 year, your friend talked about you guys playing TB, but, I didn't know if you both beated or someone else. Then, you told me you two did it, a few days ago. So, I finally fixed level 4. I never keep the default color mods, only custom colors ones.

I tried popot site, but, lately, I can't acess that site. After 1 or 2 pages, it doesn't load more pages "problem loading the page" / "the connection has expired"...
Even so, when I send my mods to them, I only send the custom color one. So, I don't know if they've the default one.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

NITM-T wrote: August 4th, 2020, 6:58 am As I said in the other thread:
NITM-T wrote: August 1st, 2020, 2:17 pm Just to you to know, those downloads links are all broken. After the alt versions, I kept editing a few more things, so only in the alt versions video, people will find the most recent files. Still, no one has asked here 'cause they know will be waste of time to play something too hard and no entertainment at all for them...
For Twin Brother, you've to go in its trailer video, as well. On video description in my channel, there's a new download link. Also, it's only the custom color version, now. After more than 1 year, your friend talked about you guys playing TB, but, I didn't know if you both beated or someone else. Then, you told me you two did it, a few days ago. So, I finally fixed level 4. I never keep the default color mods, only custom colors ones.

I tried popot site, but, lately, I can't acess that site. After 1 or 2 pages, it doesn't load more pages "problem loading the page" / "the connection has expired"...
Even so, when I send my mods to them, I only send the custom color one. So, I don't know if they've the default one.
I beat both the default color and the custom color. I just need the original color. I'm obsessive-compulsive. I have to collect all the mods that have the original color. This is also my favorite performance of mod (* ˆˆ *) my friend only beat the custom color!
Is level 4 fixed? When will it be released? I can't wait to play! I think it's better to send the default color together. Maybe some players need it!
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Your translator really don't work. Everything you said and asked, I answered you, already.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

NITM-T wrote: August 4th, 2020, 11:47 am Your translator really don't work. Everything you said and asked, I answered you, already.
I have no way, no easy to use translation software. Google translation has been used. The meaning of translation is almost the same :evil: :evil: