Shadow's Story (trailer & download)

juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: Shadow's Story (trailer & download)

Post by juliano_did »

NITM-T all good!

What's with that guard to keep the door open!
I know if that guard dies he closes the door in room 18 title 9 so he can not be killed!
If it's a trick to knock him out I do not know how!

How do I keep the door in room 3, title 24, according to the image below?
Could you post a video?
Thank you.

https://prnt.sc/jageg1
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

juliano_did wrote: April 26th, 2018, 5:10 pm NITM-T all good!

What's with that guard to keep the door open!
I know if that guard dies he closes the door in room 18 title 9 so he can not be killed!
If it's a trick to knock him out I do not know how!

How do I keep the door in room 3, title 24, according to the image below?
Could you post a video?
Thank you.

https://prnt.sc/jageg1
Hey there, juliano_did. I'm fine, thanks! And how you doing? Sorry for the late reply, more problems with my computer...

Yes, you need to do a trick for the guard fall in the floor below (row 1). If is a small video, I can make it with this PC, check it out:

Spoiler: show
As you can see, you need to fall by sliding in the air and press L or R after guard attack you once to make him fall down instead you. Then, knock him down one more time and slide in the air again to make him go to the left and stay over the button, but make you sure to hold up in the wall. Like that, he'll show up in both 3 and 4 rooms to open that door in the room 3.
Good luck!
May the Moon light your path.
juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

Very good thank you.
I will continue my journey in shadow's story.

If you do not stop at level 4 of the Sword of Gold you have more adventure.
Hugs.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

I beated that level after Nobert help me, but I got stuck in the 5, hahaha. Right now I have some things to do, so I'll try it later.
See ya around!
juliano_did
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by juliano_did »

Level 5 is easy, you will open several portals.
It is only enters the correct portal before the door closes.

Hugs.
gemmephisto
Efendi
Efendi

Post by gemmephisto »

Good work ! This is really interesting!The level design is charming and clever.it's very difficult, My friend and I spent a few months researching and using some tricks to complete it. Congratulations for this mod, and keep bringing more to us,Thanks.

some questions for the level 19:
Is this an BUG at the 01:27?
when the prince is jumping,the skeleton who is Invincible will Appear in a higher place and falls to the ground,it will be killed,so the prince can pass this level.

But I think this level have two exits,the way in the clip is a trap,the skeleton warrior is Invincible。the correct exit is another:

yesterday i uploaded an image with the correct exit,i don't know why did it changed into an another.
Last edited by gemmephisto on February 4th, 2019, 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

gemmephisto wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 5:37 pm Good work ! This is really interesting!The level design is charming and clever.it's very difficult, My friend and I spent a few months researching and using some tricks to complete it. Congratulations for this mod, and keep bringing more to us,Thanks.
Thank you very much for playing my mod! I'm glad to know that you like the level design since I believe that one was the first that was cool. And yes, my mods're very difficult ^_^. You need to know about the tricks that are found for DOS version, but some of them, works well on SNES version.
You're the 3rd person that now I know who beated this mod. Congrats! You had patience to reach the end of the game because there's no a certain time to beat them, hahaha.
gemmephisto wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 5:37 pm some questions for the level 19:
Is this an BUG at the 01:27?
when the prince is jumping,the skeleton who is Invincible will Appear in a higher place and falls to the ground,it will be killed,so the prince can pass this level.
But I think this level have two exits,the way in the clip is a trap,the skeleton warrior is Invincible。the correct exit is another
Since you're asking me this, I'd say that I didn't know that some one else was making videos about the tricks for this mod. That's nice!
Well, this player showed one of the bugs/glitches from the original game. You can kill the guards before they land by pressing Up in the right moment of the victory song (can't explain this better without know about musical notes or something). Some one here can help you later.
As you'd see, the player killed the Shadow Guard using the same trick and tried to do the same for the other since kill those final guards is tiring because they've lots of HP. Then, I made like that to people use that trick instead kill them. But, you must do it for the Brown Skel since it is immortal.
And that is the right way. Since this mod is about a story inside the original one, you've to fight Jaffar instead the Adventurer. That's why you go there.

I couldn't understand your photo since is in Japanese or is that Chinese? Hahaha, I even can't speak English (btw, my speeches here are with translator aid).

Yep, I hope I can bring more SNES mods in the future. But, you had only play this one, Shadow's Story? I've 4 more and you can find them here in this forum, as well. They're: Time Only Knows, The Kingdom of the Dead, The Two Princesses (these ones I recommend you to download their alternative versions. They're better. But they're only with custom color. I didn't make for the default ones). And the most recently is Twin Brother.

Once more, thanks for playing my Shadow's Story. I hope you like the other, if you haven't play them before.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

gemmephisto wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 5:37 pm yesterday i uploaded an image with the correct exit,i don't know why did it changed into an another.
I see. There's a site that I use to post links here and when I upload a pic, a new link is created together with the real thing, so I must erase that wherever link before paste it here and stuff.

Anyway, since the game's story is in Portuguese from Brazil, you didn't get the thing about that exit. So, here, you can read it in "EngRish":
Spoiler: show
After learning that her beloved was defeated, Princess escaped from her room and found another Mirror creating a new life.
"If I can't have him, at least my shadow will." She said.
Shadow was accepted by the Sultan and now he's known as Soul of Persia.
When Jaffar found out that Shadow has betrayed him, he ordered a few guards to jump the new Mirrors that he created in order to new and stronger guards show up.
So, can you now understand why you heard a few looses crashing from nothing? And why you heard that Level door end song? That's why have a Mirror there. She did it. It's the sad moment in the story...

Y'know, there's a level that have a kind of Potion that shows the person's true heart. The Good Ending matchs with this one.
gemmephisto
Efendi
Efendi

Post by gemmephisto »

So, can you now understand why you heard a few looses crashing from nothing? And why you heard that Level door end song? That's why have a Mirror there. She did it. It's the sad moment in the story...
So ,When the shadow arrives in this room,The princess escaped from the room,through the mirror and fall down with these broken floor?
Sorrow story......
Y'know, there's a level that have a kind of Potion that shows the person's true heart. The Good Ending matchs with this one.
It seems that we need to play again to find this bottle?

Thanks for your expound of the story.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

gemmephisto wrote: February 5th, 2019, 7:06 am So ,When the shadow arrives in this room,The princess escaped from the room,through the mirror and fall down with these broken floor?
Sorrow story......
Well, to make that clear, I had to find a way to put two cutscenes, but since I'm amateur about hack stuff... One, would be that one that shows Princesses in the right side. So, that'd be like "she's thinking in something". Then, the other'd show that cutscene that only shows the Hourglass. But, if I'm not mistaken, the cutscene with Princesses in the right side only happens in the level 20. I think I tried something once or maybe I didn't how to make it. And also, for this cutscene, the time must be below 5 minutes. And for the Hourglass only, it happens when time is over.
Like that, we'd now that she has escaped. But the level editor doesn't has an option for that or I really just don't know how to make them show with time running, yet. I mean, any time. In other words, there's no way we know how and when she escaped from her room. It's something that we use our own minds for this, heh.
Yes, she found that Mirror and... Killed herself. Her shadow was the one who opened that Level door end.
gemmephisto wrote: February 5th, 2019, 7:06 am It seems that we need to play again to find this bottle?
Thanks for your expound of the story.
Nope. You drank it. You had to. Then, for a moment, you'd see Shadow's true self. Level 12.
That Mirror from Level 19 also does the same. You can learn this playing the Tricks Level in the Main Menu. But, that's a spin-off. A new enemy who's also fighting for the Princesses' heart, is waiting for you.

You're welcome! I supposed to do both Portuguese and English, but the words couldn't match sometimes... That's for those who know their stuff for sure.