The Two Princesses (trailer & download)

NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: The Two Princesses (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

Alt version:

A few rooms were remade and/or deleted for some levels. The color also were remade for a few of them.
There're less obstacles for a few rooms or were swapped by other. Less corridors and up and down floors.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ztjyszx4n ... Alt%29.smc
May the Moon light your path.
gemmephisto
Efendi
Efendi

Post by gemmephisto »

excellent!This is also a difficult and quite interesting mod,We enjoy the process of finding the way to exit.thanks for your good work!
we tried other mod which name is twin brother,it's same interesting,we think it's the most difficult mod in your mods.We are trapped in the second level。So we are committed to passing this mod before it.
Spoiler: show
we think the most difficult levels are level 9,We spent a lot of time on them.Especially the maze of the 9th level,If we don't check the prompts, we can't pass。Your idea is quite wonderful, this maze is very strangely designed.
level 15 is same difficult,the order is very important.the postion,After trying all of the way to the exit,We found that we could not get to the exit Until we pay attention to the bottle.
the story is charming. the story book "The Arabian Nights" has a story which name is "Silversmith Hassan" ,There are two similar princesses inside.

thanks again for bringing more so wonderful mods to us!
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

gemmephisto wrote: February 4th, 2019, 8:45 pm excellent!This is also a difficult and quite interesting mod,We enjoy the process of finding the way to exit.thanks for your good work!
we tried other mod which name is twin brother,it's same interesting,we think it's the most difficult mod in your mods.We are trapped in the second level。So we are committed to passing this mod before it.
It's nice to know that you guys are enjoying to play my mods! So, are you playing with your friends? This comment and the other in Shadow's S., you typed "we". So, I'm guessing that you had sharing my mods with them. Many thanks for this, buddy!
Indeed. Twin Brother has only 10 levels, but it's pretty hard. I was able to add tricks that you need to think hard to guess how to do them. Then, we'd say that it is the hardest mod I've done when the matter is about tricks, hahaha.
gemmephisto wrote: February 4th, 2019, 8:45 pm
we think the most difficult levels are level 9,We spent a lot of time on them.Especially the maze of the 9th level,If we don't check the prompts, we can't pass。Your idea is quite wonderful, this maze is very strangely designed.
level 15 is same difficult,the order is very important.the postion,After trying all of the way to the exit,We found that we could not get to the exit Until we pay attention to the bottle.
Yeah. People has a lot of trouble with that maze in level 9, all mazes I did, actually, hahaha. The worst thing there, is, if you miss, you're dead or not. There's a trick that maybe give you more that one chance (I don't remember now). I realize that in level 5 which supposed to be one of Shadow's challenges like level 15 and 16. But there's this trick that give us one more chance to beat that level. I learned it after play the Sunshine Remix mod by elveskz.
Level 15 it's also a good one! I'm glad I'd see a way to make a trick that changed all my ideas for that level. A specific trick that's the key for the whole level.
I wish good luck for you guys to beat this mod, as well! Any time, feel free to ask for a hint here or in my channel about any of them.
gemmephisto wrote: February 4th, 2019, 8:45 pm the story is charming. the story book "The Arabian Nights" has a story which name is "Silversmith Hassan" ,There are two similar princesses inside.
thanks again for bringing more so wonderful mods to us!
I see. That's cool! I didn't know about it. I'm not used to read books. The only I read was Bram Stoker's Dracula. And I only read it because Castlevania series, hahaha.
I make my mods thinking in those games, Metroidvania style, y'know? And good to know you guys liked that story, too! It's a limited thing to work with SNES PoP version, but, we try to do our best to make a good story with a good gameplay. But my mods're too hard for this :lol:
gemmephisto
Efendi
Efendi

Post by gemmephisto »

It's nice to know that you guys are enjoying to play my mods! So, are you playing with your friends? This comment and the other in Shadow's S., you typed "we". So, I'm guessing that you had sharing my mods with them. Many thanks for this, buddy!
My two friends are also fascinated by your mod.We often play Prince of Persia, and then we found the trailer for the mod you made on youtube, Finally found them here.:lol: :lol: :lol:
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Got it. That's cool! I've playing PoP games since was a kid. The SNES version it's my fav one. More levels, more rooms, has songs, more enemies, bosses and stuff.
Glad to know you guys found those videos there and then, this forum to get all info about any mod for several versions here.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

I found a shortcut to mod level 7. I think it's the fastest shortcut to mod! This is the video address: https://youtu.be/S7xwU6d_9aU :lol: :lol:
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

All my mods has mistakes I left 'cause I really didn't notice them. If you pay attention, the guard in left side was the fastest way to beat that level. Then, in the alt version, I fixed that, but leave the guard in the right side to see if someone'd find it.
엠프티요어마인드 was the first who found, but didn't put in the video tutorial.

No one has notice that before or at least, never told me. 엠프티요어마인드 also skipped two traps in other levels to not waste time. 엠프티요어마인드 is the first player who really are playing this mod as a professional, hahaha.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

NITM-T wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:48 pm All my mods has mistakes I left 'cause I really didn't notice them. If you pay attention, the guard in left side was the fastest way to beat that level. Then, in the alt version, I fixed that, but leave the guard in the right side to see if someone'd find it.
엠프티요어마인드 was the first who found, but didn't put in the video tutorial.

No one has notice that before or at least, never told me. 엠프티요어마인드 also skipped two traps in other levels to not waste time. 엠프티요어마인드 is the first player who really are playing this mod as a professional, hahaha.
I have observed this. I have noticed it when playing the old version. You can also correct the one on the right side of ALT version. I have never studied shortcut when playing mod. Anyway, there is enough time. There is no need to find a shortcut! :lol: :lol:
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

Hi! :) :lol: :mrgreen: Long time no see. I'm changing mod recently. Now I have a problem. I want to ask you for advice. The place drawn in the picture is a switch. If the switch is pressed by the loose floor and the enemy, there will be a bug. The switch will disappear. There will be wall shadow and other buildings nearby. I want to ask how to solve this problem! This mod was made by the friend I told you before. I don't think it's very good to change it. Some places are not very good. I want to help him do it perfectly. This is the problem when he achieves level 8. Level 10 is also the problem. I wonder if it's more than level area style? It may also be that the level area style order is not right! Level 8 is the regional style of level 4, 5 and 6, which is beyond the three levels. Level 10 is the regional style of level 13, 14 and 15. Level 10 uses the regional style of these three levels in advance. I've been working on it for a long time. I just don't know how to solve this problem. Can we solve this problem with pictures or videos?

This mod has only been completed to level 17, and levels 18, 19 and 20 are the original ones. Because there is not enough time, it has not been done

have you done mod recently? I'm so bored now, I don't have mod to play any more. I don't want to play DOS mod any more. I've played to the point of vomiting. I'm looking forward to your new mod :) :lol: :mrgreen:

By the way, I also sent the language I said. In order to avoid the translation software translation is not good enough, if the English translation is not right, you can try to translate it

Chinese language:嗨!好久不见了,我最近在改mod.现在遇到了一个问题,想向你请教一下.图片画出来的那个地方是一个开关.那个开关如果被松动地板和敌人压着就会出现bug.那个开关就会消失.旁边会出现墙影等建筑物.我想请教一下这个地方怎么解决!这个mod是我之前跟你说的那个朋友做的.我觉得改的还不太好.有些地方做的还不算太好.我想帮他完美做好些.做到级别8就遇到到这个问题了.级别10也是这个问题.我在想会不会是超过级别区域风格的问题啊?也可能是级别区域风格顺序不对!级别8是级别4,5,6的区域风格的,已经超出这三个级别的风格了,级别10是级别13,14,15的,级10提前用这3个级别区域风格来了,我弄了好半天了.就是不知道怎么解决这个问题,能否以图片或者视频来讲一下解决这个地方?
这个mod只做完到了级别17,级别18,19,20是原来的,因为时间不够用了,所以没有做
对了.最近你有没有做mod?我现在好无聊啊,都没有mod玩了.dos的mod我都不想玩了.我都玩到吐了,真期待你的新mod
15-14-29-file.jpg
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Hi, there! Indeed it's been a while.

When I started doing mods, I remember that happened, but, I don't remember now what is it. I know the "invisible" floor with debris in your picture could be a loose that was marked as "floor" on the editor. But, you said is a switch, so is a button to open or close a door. I don't know what or how your friend did that.
Unfortunately, I know little about those things. I just use the editor to create the levels, nothing special. Other than that, is to change "index" to make little and half open doors or to modifier the way chomper and crushers will act. And I just copy and paste the hex stuff other modders posted. You'll need to ask that on tutorial threads.

To change (export/import) levels, could be the problem. I did that for my mods, but always I select "Level": "Clear all rooms" and "Change type" to avoid things like this: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=3508
On the editor won't show problems, but in the game, maybe will.
Also, your friend could had changed: "Object of current tile" and "Attributes of current tile". Maybe "Door events" (index), too.
There're rooms with special events that, if you won't use those events, you can use another room or simple, disable all events on the editor.

No. Once I said here that I wanted to do 2 more mods. But nothing was done. Then, I thought about make just one more, but, I didn't move one "tile", hahaha. I don't know if I gonna make it. Too lazy :P

I understood what you said. The Google translator also translated pretty well the Chinese Language.

And here is a simple pic of a loose with "floor" marked on Attributes of current tile:

Instead the loose to fall, it stay there and become debris in a "invisible" floor. About the wall, I don't remember how that happened to me.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

qq2807893292 wrote: May 20th, 2021, 9:29 am I'm changing mod recently. Now I have a problem. I want to ask you for advice. The place drawn in the picture is a switch. If the switch is pressed by the loose floor and the enemy, there will be a bug. The switch will disappear. There will be wall shadow and other buildings nearby. I want to ask how to solve this problem!
First, click Mode -> Manual.
Then do this: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1654&start=60
Then switch back to Mode -> Automatic.
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

David wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 8:16 pm
qq2807893292 wrote: May 20th, 2021, 9:29 am I'm changing mod recently. Now I have a problem. I want to ask you for advice. The place drawn in the picture is a switch. If the switch is pressed by the loose floor and the enemy, there will be a bug. The switch will disappear. There will be wall shadow and other buildings nearby. I want to ask how to solve this problem!
First, click Mode -> Manual.
Then do this: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1654&start=60
Then switch back to Mode -> Automatic.
No, it's still a problem like that. I don't know if it's the order. I'll open the programmer first, then load the game file. After loading the file, I'll switch to manual mode to make the tutorial you connected me, then switch to automatic mode, and then save and modify it. I'll try it in the game. It's still the same problem.

Chinese language:不行啊,还是那样的问题,不知道是不是弄的顺序的问题,我是先打开编入器,然后载入游戏文件,载入文件之后,我再切换到手动模式弄好你给我连接的那个教程,之后再切换到自动模式,然后保存修改,进游戏试了一下,还是一样的问题。
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

qq2807893292 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 7:31 pm No, it's still a problem like that. I don't know if it's the order. I'll open the programmer first, then load the game file. After loading the file, I'll switch to manual mode to make the tutorial you connected me, then switch to automatic mode, and then save and modify it. I'll try it in the game. It's still the same problem.
That's strange.

Could you post your mod here, so we can look at it?
qq2807893292
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by qq2807893292 »

David wrote: May 24th, 2021, 1:21 pm
qq2807893292 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 7:31 pm No, it's still a problem like that. I don't know if it's the order. I'll open the programmer first, then load the game file. After loading the file, I'll switch to manual mode to make the tutorial you connected me, then switch to automatic mode, and then save and modify it. I'll try it in the game. It's still the same problem.
That's strange.

Could you post your mod here, so we can look at it?
Yes, but I will clear all the rooms of other levels, leaving only level 8 with this problem for you to try. Is that ok?

Download:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-3jAeA ... p=drivesdk.

Chinese language:可以,不过我会把其他级别的所有房间全清除了,只留下有这个问题的级别8给你试试看,不知这样可以吗?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

qq2807893292 wrote: May 24th, 2021, 4:34 pm Yes, but I will clear all the rooms of other levels, leaving only level 8 with this problem for you to try. Is that ok?

Download:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-3jAeA ... p=drivesdk.
Thank you.

As I see it, the second-to-last tile in the first dropdown list does not have floor graphics.
If I do what I wrote earlier, then that solves the problem.

I can only think that you didn't do all the steps correctly.

When you followed the tutorial I linked:
In step 1, did you select the second tile from the bottom? (It's labeled "FE".)
And then in step 2, did you select the floor graphics in the other list? (It's labeled "01".)