The kingdom of the Dead (trailer & download)

NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: The kingdom of the Dead (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

kvMiller wrote: December 24th, 2017, 1:55 am Hello, Thanks once again for watching and the congrats. I just beated the second level and efectively it was a little bit easier than the last one. At first, I could deal with the skeleton just jumping with no momentum at the edge, but he falled to the right hole, ruining the rest of the level. So I had to watch that part on your walkthrough just to realize there's an specific jump made at an specific distance which I don't know.
Yep, you're welcome!
Yeah, the 2nd level it's more easy, but the skeleton... hehehe. Tricks and tricks, to beat those mods we need to know about tricks. I don't know if you already know about them, but you can find them here: https://www.popot.org/documentation.php?doc=Tricks
All those tricks are from DOS version, but we can use them for other versions, I guess (I only tested on SNES version ^_^). But, that trick you used it, it not in this page. There are a few tricks that I put in my mods that aren't in this page and I don't know if they work for the DOS version.
Plus, is not all tricks that works on SNES version, y'know, just some of them. And they, sometimes, are used in differents ways.
kvMiller wrote: December 24th, 2017, 1:55 am I also had difficulties crossing the abbys with two looses in between, I tried two standing jumps, the second one over the loose without falling, but it failed. After many maany tries I realized the prince must be in an specific position of the tile, reached with two upward leaps.
That is a good trick, too! Run and jump over and over, isn't always the best option. We have to watch carefully before do something. There are more few ways to use that trick.
kvMiller wrote: December 24th, 2017, 1:55 am Now I'm in third level, this time stuck in a three doors puzzle, where a sleeping guard resides. I tried running as fast as I can to reach the right door opened, but I think it's not possible. There must be another way, I can't get it
That point supposed to have a hint, but I don't put it. The hint is:
Spoiler: show
On original level 3, there is a door that it sound can be heard from anywhere. Like that, the player could figure out where that door was and after that, he/she will notice that this was a trap with a hint, but I don't made it. It's just a trap. So, yeah, you have to find another way.
Looking forward for more videos. Good luck!
May the Moon light your path.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: The kingdom of the Dead (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

Alt version:

A few rooms were remade and/or deleted for some levels.
There're less obstacles for a few rooms or were swapped by other. Less corridors and up and down floors.
All guards now are truly dead (no human voice). Thanks to Guiguins for asked if was possible to change/put more such guard's voice, for example: Girl's voice for more guards. So, now all guards has Skeleton's sound when they're attacked. And thanks to David for reply those HEXs for everyone.
You can get more two Life Potions.
Mazes now has hints

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkhw28bw3 ... Alt%29.smc
May the Moon light your path.