Hey there Spartacus! I played your mod (even though I shouldn't have as I have a lot homework pending but you played both of my mods, so I thought I should do the same).
I never played the original version, so this is the first time I play this mod.
Level design is pretty good and challenging enough without really needing expert/speedrunner tricks (of which I barely know or even use at all).
The color palette is pretty attractive as well, both on the levels and the characters.
Only a few things I didn't like:
- Really strict time to solve a puzzle
- One-option-only specific moves to solve a puzzle
- One-attempt only or die/softlock
- Hidden potions in walls that don't look different from the rest (this includes finishing Level 4, had to look on a walkthrough as I couldn't figure out where to go)
- Falling damage to continue (In Level 5 you need at least to grab one life potion or else you won't beat the level)
- Only two different level types (I understand this was made in 2012 and it's something more ''simple'', but this being an update, would have been nice to see more variety)
- Three music cues only
- Most sub-bosses/guards can be skipped
Still, I played it and completed it. Only used ''game end'' when dying far away into the level after learning how to navigate it, and only used save states on the last level as you can softlock/die pretty easily there. This one is decent enough and mostly playable/accesible.
I do hope that when ''The Lost Bottle'' is released, it would be a much more realized and complete experience.
- Prince of Persia The temple of Ruins 2.0000.png (9.79 KiB) Viewed 1688 times