Where can I find the VDUNGEON from here

This contest takes place once every three months.
4DPlayer

Where can I find the VDUNGEON from here

Post by 4DPlayer »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgSZcE0H8QA

I like the dungeon scheme here. I looked for it on the custom levels section of popot.org, but i couldn't find it on the list of VDUNGEON.dat files. Anywhere where I can find the .dat file used in this video?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Where can I find the VDUNGEON from here

Post by Norbert »

The VDUNGEON.DAT overview is here.
The mod, Battle Hardened 2, is mentioned there.
To get the alternate level (inc. wall) colors of Battle Hardened 2, you'll need PoP 1.3.
I'm too busy right now to test this, but that's the gist of what you'll need.
Probably David could give you details.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Ok. I'll look those up.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

4DPlayer wrote: May 14th, 2019, 8:07 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgSZcE0H8QA

I like the dungeon scheme here. I looked for it on the custom levels section of popot.org, but i couldn't find it on the list of VDUNGEON.dat files. Anywhere where I can find the .dat file used in this video?
That's simply the original VPALACE graphics with the palette from level 3 of PoP 1.3.
Basically, PRINCE.EXE was changed to use palace graphics on level 3, but the level's color variation was kept as the default value 1 (green).
Apoplexy has an option to change the type of levels, but no option to change the color variations.
You can do that with CusPop instead: https://www.popot.org/other_useful_tool ... ool=CusPop

Alternatively, someone could make a custom VPALACE.DAT (using PR) that contains the green palette (from PRINCE.DAT) instead of the original one.
I made such a DAT file for you, see the attachment.
It does not need PoP 1.3, it works with 1.0 as well.
Attachments
green_VPALACE.ZIP
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

David wrote: May 18th, 2019, 5:09 pm
4DPlayer wrote: May 14th, 2019, 8:07 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgSZcE0H8QA

That's simply the original VPALACE graphics with the palette from level 3 of PoP 1.3.
Basically, PRINCE.EXE was changed to use palace graphics on level 3, but the level's color variation was kept as the default value 1 (green).
Apoplexy has an option to change the type of levels, but no option to change the color variations.
You can do that with CusPop instead: https://www.popot.org/other_useful_tool ... ool=CusPop

Alternatively, someone could make a custom VPALACE.DAT (using PR) that contains the green palette (from PRINCE.DAT) instead of the original one.
Thanks.
I'll keep that for future use :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Hm, these color variations only work with 1.3 (and 1.4?) right?
(I mean, by default; not including what can be changed with PR.)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: May 18th, 2019, 10:21 pm Hm, these color variations only work with 1.3 (and 1.4?) right?
(I mean, by default; not including what can be changed with PR.)
Yes.

While at it:
The text fields in the "color variations" section should be disabled in CusPop on page load, because 1.0 unpacked is selected by default.
Actually they get disabled if I select 1.3 and then 1.0 again, or if I select 1.0 packed.

The onchange event of the version selector calls the x() function, which takes care of disabling input fields that don't apply to the newly selected version.
I guess x() should be called once on startup as well.
(Maybe it should have a better name as well.)
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

David wrote: May 18th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Hi, David.
Thanks for give me a custom graphic VPALACE.DAT (Green).
Of course, please give me a custom graphic VDUNGEON.DAT and VPALACE.DAT, works with 1.0 (see the picture below).

Youran.
Attachments
Custom dungeon and palace graphics
Custom dungeon and palace graphics
pop13.jpg (36.19 KiB) Viewed 8800 times
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

yourantumayel69 wrote: April 14th, 2020, 2:40 pm Of course, please give me a custom graphic VDUNGEON.DAT and VPALACE.DAT, works with 1.0 (see the picture below).
Emiliano Fierro recently made them: viewtopic.php?p=28824#p28824
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

David wrote: May 16th, 2020, 1:04 pm
yourantumayel69 wrote: April 14th, 2020, 2:40 pm Of course, please give me a custom graphic VDUNGEON.DAT and VPALACE.DAT, works with 1.0 (see the picture below).
Emiliano Fierro recently made them: viewtopic.php?p=28824#p28824
Thank you.
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.