Apoplexy Zoom, Room & Scrollbar Update (My update proposal)

Windows and Linux editor of PoP1 (for DOS and SNES) and PoP2 (for DOS).
DridiSara123
Sheikh
Sheikh

Apoplexy Zoom, Room & Scrollbar Update (My update proposal)

Post by DridiSara123 »

Hi.

So if I want to create my own Prince of Persia levels. Then I have a few more annoying problem: Firstly, you can't zoom out, and secondly, creating or moving rooms doesn't work that well under Apoplexy.

That's exactly why I'm making an update suggestion here so that you can create levels faster and better.

My update suggestion would be: The Apoplexy Zoom and Scroll Update. Because you can easily zoom out and in with it. And of course scrolling around. (Similar to what is known from Princed V3 Level Editor)

What makes zooming out so special?
1. When creating a level you have a better overview.
2. You don't have to keep switching between rooms and can watch multiple rooms at the same time.
3. This makes editing the level even easier and progressing faster.

Here I made a picture of what it might look like at Apoplexy.

And if you right-click, a context menu opens and you have the following option:
* Create Room: With this you can simply create a new room in Empty Room.
* Room Copy: You can copy Room
* Room Paste: You can paste copied rooms and easily clone rooms.
* Room Cut: You can cut and paste room into other room.
* Room Delete: This allows you to delete individual selected rooms.
* Room Move: This allows you to easily move the room to another position with the mouse.
* Randomize: A random level is generated. (So ​​as you can from the current Apoplexy version, which you can also use the left mouse button to randomly generate levels)

That's why I have a question for you: What do you think of my update proposal? Because I've been looking for such a sane Prince of Persia level editor for a long time, with zoom function (just like PrincedV3) Because for me creating levels should be better, easier and faster (Und natürlich soll es mehr spaß machen). So I would be happy if the developer tried to pull through with this update. This could possibly lead to you getting even more custom levels from the community because you can make better progress with the new version.

And if this version does not make change possible. Then at least make a change for this Apoplexy Map View so that you can edit levels, move rooms, create rooms and so on directly there...

Because I would have liked to use such a Prince of Persia Level Editor (like this Apoplexy Map view). Of course there is PrincedV3, but unfortunately this program cannot be used properly due to the unfinished version.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Apoplexy Zoom, Room & Scrollbar Update (My update proposal)

Post by Norbert »

Thank you for the effort you've put into creating your proposal. I can expand the functionality that is provided through the Map window, which I've put on my to-do list. I lack the time to drastically modify the main window, which would be very difficult given the current frequent use of static x/y coordinates.

Poirot may be willing to continue his work on the Windows version of Princed.

By the way, you know apoplexy allows copying and pasting rooms with respectively Ctrl+c and Ctrl-v, right?