The Movie Thread

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Norbert »

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

First time I hear about Everything Everywhere All at Once, which currently has 97% (critics) and 94% (audience) at RT.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The media report about the recent teaser trailer for Thor: Love and Thunder getting 209 million views in 24 hours. For me, that YouTube video is still at 24 (23.9) million. I get that there may be a delay, that it gets updated later, but the teaser dropped April 18th, and it's now 20 April.

[Edit: Okay, so Marvel came up with that number - I think, and they added up all counts from all platforms, including their teaser post on Twitter, where it has currently has 27 million views.]
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I'm happy that the first two episodes of Better Call Saul season 6 are good.
Very good series, I still enjoy it very much.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Recently, Kermode and Mayo's Film Review ended, after a 21 year run. Early May, they'll start their own thing. Their last BBC Radio 5 Live content is titled "Goodbye to Jason", which is a reference to actor Jason Isaacs. Apparently - I had to look this up, he and Kermode went to the same school, and some of Kermode+Mayo's reviews used to start with "Hello to Jason Isaacs."
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The Campea folks saw the first 30 minutes of Lightyear, and they like it very much, and lots of viewers were in tears, apparently. Given their excitement about it, I'm now slightly interested in seeing the film, where I wasn't at all after seeing the trailer a while back.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: December 10th, 2018, 8:40 pm I'll be checking out both these Marvel films (at home ;)).
Norbert wrote: September 12th, 2014, 1:35 am4. ...actor(s)/actress(es)?

While I didn't like the Dark Knight films, I usually enjoy Christian Bale's acting.
I haven't seen it yet, but it looks like he did another good job in the recent Vice film.
It's going to be interesting to see him as Gorr the God Butcher in Thor: Love and Thunder.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: April 21st, 2022, 11:53 am I'm happy that the first two episodes of Better Call Saul season 6 are good.
Very good series, I still enjoy it very much.
With the first half of the final season behind us...
IMDb / RT / MC
E1: 8.8 (10K reviews) / 9 (10 critics; 100%) / 9.7 (11 critics)
E2: 9.2 (10K reviews) / 9.7 (6 critics; 100%) / 9.9 (10 critics)
E3: 9.7 (16K reviews) / 9.3 (5 critics; 100%) / 9.8 (5 critics)
E4: 8.6 (8K reviews) / 9 (7 critics; 100%) / 9.8 (6 critics)
E5: 8.1 (7.2K reviews) / 8.3 (6 critics; 100%) / n/a
E6: 8.2 (6.4K reviews) / 8.3 (6 critics; 100%) / n/a
E7: 9.9 (20K reviews) / 10 (6 critics; 100%) / n/a
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: April 26th, 2022, 3:57 pmEarly May, they'll start their own thing.
Their (his) recent review of Avatar 2:
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The Flash trailer, good stuff.

Strangely, Grace is not (she's right o/t main rectangle, in the lower-left there) impressed, not even by the 'Keaton reveal'.
Even though they nailed that reveal.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Even without seeing John Wick 4, I know I'll mostly agree with Shapiro's review of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bnG55XCrE
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I did not know this about Toy Story 2, quoting from Wikipedia:
The work done on the film to date was nearly lost in 1998 when one of the animators, while routinely clearing some files, accidentally entered the deletion command code /bin/rm -r -f * on the root folder of the Toy Story 2 assets on Pixar's internal servers.[25][26] Associate technical director Oren Jacob was one of the first to notice as character models disappeared from their works in progress. They shut down the file servers but had already lost 90% of the last two years of work, and it was also found that the backups had not been working for about a month. The film was saved when technical director Galyn Susman, who had been remote working to take care of her newborn child, revealed she had a backup copy of the film on her home computer. The Pixar team was able to recover nearly all of the lost assets save for a few recent days of work, allowing the film to proceed.[27][28]
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

In the news is that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association will disband. And apparently production company Dick Clark Productions and holding company Eldridge Industries will now decide if/how Golden Globes will be given out.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

While I somewhat understand that some people really dislike Grace, she continues to entertain me with her videos.
Here's another interesting one. While most critics like Oppenheimer (94% RT), she does not.

Alberto
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Alberto »

Will you go watch Napoleon? I'm not too interested in biopics, but photography looks incredible.
https://youtu.be/1DJYiG6wh0w?si=z1bCaDGfnHVAHRVB

Edit. I'm editing my reply because it doesn't really deserve a new post lol.
I just saw the movie and it isn't a biopic at all. There are plenty of pretty sceneries, cinematic composition & a few battles with little historic accuracy. I still enjoyed it but it isn't nearly as good as I thought it would be.