Random off-topic stuff

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Random off-topic stuff

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: May 26th, 2023, 9:54 pm
Norbert wrote: August 5th, 2012, 10:46 pmAlso, the music somewhat spoils the atmosphere: in a cold dungeon you hear your footsteps and gates and such, not music.
Interestingly, no music for most of the game also helps the Souls games. Someone here also comments on this: "One thing that lends to the dreamlike atmosphere of the game...lack of music. The somber feeling this game gives me would pretty much collapse if there was a pervasive score."
Similar statement from a reviewer about Tomb Raider 1:
"I actually feel playing Tomb Raider 1 with sound effects only might be one of the most immersive ways to experience the game."
From this channel: https://www.youtube.com/@JoshStrifePlays/videos
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Twitter now requires users to sign in to view tweets.
(From what I'm reading it's because of scraper bots, it's supposed to be temporarily, and for a few days there used to be just limits for unregistered users not a full block.)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Crazy how good platforms like Twitter and Reddit change over a period of time :(
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: April 28th, 2023, 7:08 am Imgur has changed their terms of service and will soon delete "old, unused, and inactive content that is not tied to a user account". Hopefully Imgur images embedded on this forum still get enough (user/bot) views to survive.
I just ran into a deleted Imgur image on the front page of a site: https://www.midomi.com/
Apparently their front page did not get enough views, and they didn't upload the image with an account either.

I also wonder why do they even host their button image (logo) on Imgur.
All other images are on their own domain.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: May 18th, 2023, 8:04 am
Norbert wrote: April 28th, 2022, 10:02 am The Campea folks saw the first 30 minutes of Lightyear, and they like it very much, and lots of viewers were in tears, apparently. Given their excitement about it, I'm now slightly interested in seeing the film, where I wasn't at all after seeing the trailer a while back.
So... Campea has 'cancelled' his own show (and is going audio-only). I still watched his channel, but had started skipping a lot of content because of Rob (Robert Meyer Burnett) no longer being there.
The show returned after only a couple of days (if not less), and I see that even Rob has returned - one day a week, according to someone in the comments.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »