I got a sound problem...

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

I got a sound problem...

Post by mk1995 »

I'll say it right here, at the beginning of this post: If you can't help, don't post!

So... As you might've guessed, I got a problem with my sound output. My speakers (both the external ones and the PC speaker) are working fine, but only MIDI files, when played, actually get sound. The rest is entirely quiet.

I have no clue how I did that - else I would've remedied it myself. It happened yesterday, completely out of the blue.

Anyone out there who knows how that stuff works? If you have questions to what I have set up, just feel free to ask, as long as it helps you to solve my problem. As I said, I'm completely at a loss.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: I got a sound problem...

Post by Tristan »

so far as i understand : http://www.freeweb.hu/princepersia/en/pcsplay_dl.htm

hope it helps
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

No, it did not help. I clearly stated that MIDI and PC speaker output works fine. I don't need a PC Speaker player. See?
I wrote:My speakers (both the external ones and the PC speaker) are working fine [...]
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

First of all, are you sure the audio player you're using is ok? Maybe it got corrupted somehow? Try uninstalling and reinstalling, or try something else.

If you can confirm that with any player only MIDIs work, then possibly something messed up your sound card driver. Open Device Manager and check the section titled "Sound, video and game controllers" or similar. Select the entries for your sound card one by one and delete them. So for example if you have on-board sound, you'll see entries for Realtek sound driver, or AC97 or similar, else if you have a Creative sound card installed, you'll see Creative's drivers. After deleting all of them, simply click the Refresh button on the toolbar, or restart your system. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers for you, else you can reinstall them from the driver CD etc. If possible, you can also right-click the reinstalled drivers in Device Manager, select the Update driver option and check if an update is available on the net. Or you can manually check your motherboard/sound card manufacturer's page and download the latest drivers for your model and install those.

Do this and let me know if it worked.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Nevermind. I accidentially turned the wave volume to zero. But thanks for the tip anyway.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Image Image Image