What are you working on?

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Shauing »

Besides of other more personal projects like the upcoming fifth semester of composition and finishing implementing graphics and music for my SNES PoP 30th anniversary port (of which I hope to release a trailer soon), I got myself recently involved on a Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) NES hack titled ''The Beatles - Adventures In Pepperland'', where I will be in charge of the score, that is, adapt/arrange The Beatles tunes and insert them on the rom. Like SNES PoP, I had to familiarize and document myself with the music engine (though I also had documentation available like SNES PoP), and it is much more limited in some aspects but still an interesting challenge to take.
The hack has been worked for over a year now, and it might extend a further year if things don't run smoothly, but it is intended to be released in July or November of this year, tying the release date to either the UK or US release of the Yellow Submarine film, in which the game's story is based on.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I have just released version 1.0 of FOSSTube, a free and open-source video sharing content management system.
One of my biggest programming projects ever, that I've worked on for more than a year.
An example (demo) website that uses FOSSTube is my website FreeSpeechTube.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Well, it is true that many of my posts absolutely don't contribute, example: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4416
viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4432
I have wanted to be useful in this forum, maybe just a litle for simple asking things that have ever done before or using the tools:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4431
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4435
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4512
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=4340 (This is a shared post, the post itself belongs to Norbert but the video was recorded by me)
What I really wat to say is that I'm working on a manual for new members who want to make a PoP 1 for DOS mod and don't kow what to do or where to start
When I finish it I want you to give it the importance it should have, however you can update manual versions
In this moment manual version would be 0.7 or under, I have main ideas but I need to edit and polish
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 1:31 am Well, it is true that many of my posts absolutely don't contribute, example: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4416
I have wanted to be useful in this forum, maybe just a litle for simple asking things that have ever done before or using the tools:
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=4340 (This is a shared post, the post itself belongs to Norbert but the video was recorded by me)
What I really wat to say is that I'm working on a manual for new members who want to make a PoP 1 for DOS mod and don't kow what to do or where to start
When I finish it I want you to give it the importance it should have, however you can update manual versions
In this moment manual version would be 0.7 or under, I have main ideas but I need to edit and polish
I am waiting for your manual
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Sting wrote: May 24th, 2020, 8:46 pm
Emiliano Fierro wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 1:31 am Well, it is true that many of my posts absolutely don't contribute, example: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4416
I am waiting for your manual
I already finished it: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4533
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I'm working on two new PoP1 for DOS mods.
As I wrote here, one is the original game but it disallows Shift and down arrow.
The other is an auto-runner, and will be the first of the two to be released.
Don't hold your breathe though; it might take me a while to finish them.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Norbert wrote: February 7th, 2021, 12:12 am The other is an auto-runner, and will be the first of the two to be released.
What does it mean? :?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 8th, 2021, 3:22 pm
Norbert wrote: February 7th, 2021, 12:12 am The other is an auto-runner, and will be the first of the two to be released.
In auto-runner games the player character automatically runs. In my upcoming mod, the prince continuously runs to the left. Only the up arrow key works, and must be pressed at the correct moments to survive and reach the level exit. Like Prince of Persia: Escape (thread).
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: February 8th, 2021, 5:02 pm
In auto-runner games the player character automatically runs. In my upcoming mod, the prince continuously runs to the left. Only the up arrow key works, and must be pressed at the correct moments to survive and reach the level exit. Like Prince of Persia: Escape (thread).
Wow, sounds interesting! Waiting eagerly. (I know it will take time, but of course, good things take time ;))

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 8th, 2021, 6:07 pm
Norbert wrote: February 8th, 2021, 5:02 pm

Wow, sounds interesting! Waiting eagerly. (I know it will take time, but of course, good things take time ;))
First five levels released.
I'm going to focus on the update video now.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: February 7th, 2021, 12:12 amAs I wrote here, one is the original game but it disallows Shift and down arrow.
...but will allow sheathing. I'm currently working on this.
During additional playtesting, I'm noticing that this makes the game particularly difficult because potions become undrinkable.
[Edit: This project (mod) is now on hold, pending this snag to be fixed.]
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: March 21st, 2021, 12:15 pm
Norbert wrote: February 7th, 2021, 12:12 amAs I wrote here, one is the original game but it disallows Shift and down arrow.
...but will allow sheathing. I'm currently working on this.
During additional playtesting, I'm noticing that this makes the game particularly difficult because potions become undrinkable.
[Edit: This project (mod) is now on hold, pending this snag to be fixed.]
The snag was fixed, so the mod has now been released as Key Issue.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

A trading bot.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The next apoplexy version - probably released January or February 2023 - will add/improve various things.

This (PoP1 for DOS):
Norbert wrote: December 12th, 2020, 6:39 pmI'll put auto-detection [of the cheat code] on my todo-list.
And this (PoP1 for DOS):
Norbert wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:28 pmI can expand the functionality that is provided through the Map window, which I've put on my to-do list.
That functionality will be available on an edit panel that can be opened with the Tab key. PoP1 for SNES editing also gets a Map window, but nothing on its edit panel.

And these (PoP1 for SNES):

- Some extra SNES texts ("MINUTES LEFT", "SECONDS LEFT", the password alphabet, the default password, the names of the buttons, "THE END").
- Optional skeleton continue for all guards.

And this (PoP1 for DOS):
Norbert wrote: April 22nd, 2017, 7:31 pm
David wrote:What are you trying to do, by the way?
Maybe you want to update apoplexy so it shows this case [lattice top + tapestry] correctly?
Mostly I was just curious.
But I'm also creating TODO text files for all my software.
And these (PoP1 for DOS):
T0mmiTheGreat wrote: August 24th, 2021, 7:18 pmGuard skill 10 (a) is used in Prince of Persia for the kid AI in demo level: [...]
David wrote: August 26th, 2021, 11:11 amSo, this value is used for the guard's skill on the demo level, overriding whatever skill is set for him in the level data.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 1:49 pm The next apoplexy version - probably released January or February 2023 - will add/improve various things.

[...]
Has been released.

So, now back to this (PC-98).