Random off-topic stuff

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Random off-topic stuff

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: December 28th, 2022, 7:42 pmI get a "Tab down" printout only if I release Alt but keep Tab down for the length of repeat delay (maybe half a second).
On Linux (Mint, with Xfce), it constantly triggers, unless I consciously work on keeping Alt down longest.
David wrote: December 28th, 2022, 7:42 pm(May be that fix was only for Linux? I am testing this on Windows.)
On Linux, SDLPoP doesn't have the issue.
David wrote: December 28th, 2022, 7:42 pmI attached my fix attempt.
On Linux, this fixes this issue that test.c has. It's striking that it needs such a complex solution, given you'd think all coders who use Tab anywhere can run into this. Maybe coders could use a e.g. KMOD_FROMALTTAB, or maybe SDL should ignore Alt+Tab Tab downs (and ups) to begin with. Regardless, thanks. :)

I did try to solve a similar issue with Alt+F4 as such:

Code: Select all

/* This if() prevents the program from reacting to the
 * closure of other windows, such as SDLPoP, with Alt+F4.
 */
if ((!(event.key.keysym.mod & KMOD_LALT)) &&
  (!(event.key.keysym.mod & KMOD_RALT)))
  { EXE_F4(); }
But that never fully fixed it.
I'm guessing a variation of the your fix will work there too; I'll try it.

Maybe most programs react to key up instead of key down.
(If that even fixes the issue. The whole thing confuses me.)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: March 6th, 2022, 1:32 pmThe recently released Elden Ring, a Souls-like by FromSoftware, gets extremely good reviews. [...]
Finished it today. I've now finished Elden Ring, Bloodborne, Mortal Shell (several times), and almost finished Remnant: From the Ashes (final boss too difficult). In the past, I didn't feel like playing Soulslike games, and didn't enjoy using gamepads; times are a-changin'.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I think Linux breaks USB sticks if there's not enough power going to it, and that its developers call this a "hardware problem".
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

https://www.theonion.com/report-nobody- ... 1819578909
Kinda related: "Suffering (conflict and stress) is caused by attachment (giving a fuck) and can be relieved by detachment (not giving a fuck)."
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: December 11th, 2021, 11:49 pm
Norbert wrote: December 1st, 2021, 7:54 pm A video that, weirdly, provides a 720p quality option but fails to load at 720p.
At least, for me. (Not just just now, I noticed this days ago.) Quality 360p works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww_1TTtITO0
It's now been fixed.
Another weird thing: this song "Notorious Thugs" (with 68M views) is on the "The Notorious B.I.G." channel. However, strangely enough, the section videos on that channel doesn't list the song. Neither when sorting by "Recently uploaded" (= default), nor when sorting by "Popular". It includes song "The Notorious B.I.G. - Notorious Thugs (Official Audio)", but that's the audio-only version with 2.2M views.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Also fun, the delivery here, by both actors:
"You know, they claim that smoking is bad for you, but is there any medical evidence to back that up?"
"Great point."
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Midjourney 5 is impressive.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: February 8th, 2017, 7:56 pmThe Talos Principle
Jonas Kyratzes, one of the writers (quote source): "I don't know if Talos 2 will be successful, I don't know how people will react to it (especially if they're expecting the exact same kind of storytelling), but I know I'm proud of what we're making. A more emotional, more complex, more adult game."
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Imgur has changed their terms of service and will soon delete "old, unused, and inactive content that is not tied to a user account". Hopefully Imgur images embedded on this forum still get enough (user/bot) views to survive.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Norbert wrote: April 28th, 2023, 7:08 am Imgur has changed their terms of service and will soon delete "old, unused, and inactive content that is not tied to a user account". Hopefully Imgur images embedded on this forum still get enough (user/bot) views to survive.
That's one of the bad things about such free services :(
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Norbert wrote: April 28th, 2023, 7:08 am Imgur has changed their terms of service and will soon delete "old, unused, and inactive content that is not tied to a user account". Hopefully Imgur images embedded on this forum still get enough (user/bot) views to survive.
GMP on Prince of Persia Discord suggested to use: postimages service through which can upload the images through an imgur url as well. Wondering if we can use the site and change the imgur links to postimages links in the database.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: April 28th, 2022, 10:02 am The Campea folks saw the first 30 minutes of Lightyear, and they like it very much, and lots of viewers were in tears, apparently. Given their excitement about it, I'm now slightly interested in seeing the film, where I wasn't at all after seeing the trailer a while back.
So... Campea has 'cancelled' his own show (and is going audio-only). I still watched his channel, but had started skipping a lot of content because of Rob (Robert Meyer Burnett) no longer being there.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: April 11th, 2023, 7:55 pm
Norbert wrote: February 8th, 2017, 7:56 pmThe Talos Principle
Jonas Kyratzes, one of the writers (quote source): "I don't know if Talos 2 will be successful, I don't know how people will react to it (especially if they're expecting the exact same kind of storytelling), but I know I'm proud of what we're making. A more emotional, more complex, more adult game."
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »