Am I late in this forum?

Everything not related to Prince of Persia should be discussed here.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Am I late in this forum?

Post by Emiliano »

Several times I notice many users inactive and I think I should have joined before
But don't worry the new generation is here to give life to PoP
Thanks 4DPlayer for all your mods
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Re: Am I late in this forum?

Post by Shauing »

I felt the same last year when I was making and released my first mod, The Queen Of Light.
I think it's like when Jordan Mechner released PoP 30 years ago, the Apple II's lifespan was reaching its end, so it virtually went unnoticed, thus being a commercial failure in America until ports like the PC-98 in Japan and the DOS one, made it popular.

This forum has been around for 16 years, and its peak seems to have occurred around 7 to 10 years ago (judging by posts and number of users online).
It is certainly very quiet nowadays, but mods, utilities and documentation for several versions of the first game are still going.
Who knows if story might repeat and something will attract new interest in Prince of Persia, whether its mods or an official release (which seems a bit too unlikely at this point).

I was hoping to release my 30th anniversary mod back on October 3rd, which was the original release date of the Apple II, but I was not working on the mod that seriously until mid-to-late September; before that I was just testing palettes and level types to see if the DOS actual colors looked pleasant on SNES.
And now, even though the mod is fully playable, I have been polishing it on mostly aesthetical stuff (with help of David, Norbert and 4DPlayer) since mid-October. Almost all of those details are finished, I'm just waiting for the few things left that I hope David finds solution for, as he is the one with the most knowledge here of the SNES version of the game. I don't mind waiting, as he usually bring the results I was hoping or even better ones, and I really want to do mods as polished and above all, playable and enjoyable as I possibly can.

After this one, there is at least two more mods on my mind, though one of these might have to be done on DOS, due to some graphical changes required that as of today, cannot be done on SNES.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Nowadays, there are more than 2000 free to play games on Steam alone. About half of those are at least somewhat entertaining, and hundreds are good. And during Steam sales many non-free games are (very) cheap. Many players like variation, and most PoP mods are essentially more of the same. I think that renewed interest in PoP mods would be sparked if one of the remakes (particularly SDLPoP) would introduce something groundbreaking, like multiplayer. Personally, I almost never play PoP mods, because of all the great alternatives. Including VR games, like Red Matter, that no PoP mod can possibly compete with. Except maybe if there were multiplayer PoP mods, and two or more players could try these together, beat/help each other trying to finish it, or something like that... During sales, multiplayer game Don't Starve Together is cheap, and I've personally played it for more than 900 hours now.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

The reason that I haven’t turned away from PoP is because of my simple preference for older games. And since no other older games besides for Prince have met my preferences, that is the game that I have stuck with. Playing other mods and seeing what could’ve been done led me to create my own custom level sets. As of now, besides for Mario 64, no other game besides for Prince Of Persia has interested me.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Sometimes I feel I am very late to the community and there's nothing much left to contribute anything. But I don't think I would ever become inactive on the forum. But who knows the future... :|
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)