Secrets of Dungeons

Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Secrets of Dungeons

Post by Dark77 »

Moscow Tracer, thanks for report. I'll check it as fast as possible ;)
Dark77, on which levels should it be possible to obtain the Life Potions?
On some it's possible and on other tempting 'high' potions are unavailable :)
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

Moscow Tracer, I really don't know where's the problem. Are you sure you pressed the next-level-door-raise-button? One of the gates should be opened, and next gates - closed (mouse'll open it). Could you send me screen or something like this?
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

no, just one gate triggers, and mouse triggers the same gate an the same screen when I run back. I get raise next_lvl_door button through 2nd closed gate, because they are standed together (pretty standard trick), but I can't get back, because no trigger for 2nd gate, although there's one raise tile on left part of level, but it triggers nothing. Probably u forgot attach trigger event to it.
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

lawl, hm... sry, but I don't fully understand. You are in room with two gates, including one of them (this one that's closer to you). You open it and run to next room, and next. You kill the guard and go down, then go to the right and again be in the room with 2 gates. Kill guard. Press next-level-door-raise-button and come back. You're before the closed gate (another, the left, is opened). You wait for the mouse that runs and open the gate.

It should be look like this. Please tell me where it isn't as it should.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Dark77 wrote: (another, the left, is opened)
Sorry, but it's permanently closed) Ok, I recorded video of that lvl, where I explore all rooms I could and made all possible scout moves and checked top tiles of rooms, except first one but I know that above "false potion" also nothing. It's very strange, but this time even mouse didn't trigger! But once it came and opened just right gate. Left still closed, and one raise(?) tile inactive, in vedeo I specially touch it twice and press "57 minutes left"))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvtYqWb08s
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

Moscow Tracer wrote:
Dark77 wrote: (another, the left, is opened)
Sorry, but it's permanently closed) Ok, I recorded video of that lvl, where I explore all rooms I could and made all possible scout moves and checked top tiles of rooms, except first one but I know that above "false potion" also nothing. It's very strange, but this time even mouse didn't trigger! But once it came and opened just right gate. Left still closed, and one raise(?) tile inactive, in vedeo I specially touch it twice and press "57 minutes left"))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvtYqWb08s
Hello,
I have the correct solution for Level 8:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoiBe87HWc

Dark77, this is a very enjoyable mod, well done man. Can't wait to meet Vordan Image
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

ahh, thanks, I completely forgot about that fkn' drop tile on starting screen! I thought I checked not to drop it, strange. Nice gameplaying, hope u'll manage to my MOD;)
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

Moscow Tracer wrote:ahh, thanks, I completely forgot about that fkn' drop tile on starting screen! I thought I checked not to drop it, strange. Nice gameplaying, hope u'll manage to my MOD;)
You're welcome and I appreciate the encouragement. I will will be sure to get plenty of practice before facing your mod.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

That lvl8 really cursed for me.. lol.. But mouse still not coming. (maybe I should kill last guard on another screen??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPRomUmv-JU
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Killed last guard on another screen with chompers - mouse still not coming.. lol, trickiest level I played)))
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

Moscow Tracer wrote:That lvl8 really cursed for me.. lol.. But mouse still not coming. (maybe I should kill last guard on another screen??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPRomUmv-JU
The game treats the mouse as a guard. I recommend for PoP mod makers to have no guard in the room where the mouse comes to the rescue. I'm not 100% sure if you must kill the guard in the other screen but I believe it is the safest thing to do.

Whenever the mouse enters a screen, the present guard temporarily disappears.
Moscow Tracer wrote:Killed last guard on another screen with chompers - mouse still not coming.. lol, trickiest level I played)))
LOL Did you get it yet?
Last edited by Kaslghnoon on March 14th, 2011, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Killing guard in another place didn't help as a said. I think problem more global - I noticed that yours last guard has 5HP, but my only 4HP.. I run game from Total Pack custom, cause I don't wanna complete first 7 levels again, maybe it's the problem, but still so strange.. Ok, thanks for help, I think I just start further playing this MOD from lvl 9.
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

Moscow Tracer wrote:Killing guard in another place didn't help as a said. I think problem more global - I noticed that yours last guard has 5HP, but my only 4HP.. I run game from Total Pack custom, cause I don't wanna complete first 7 levels again, maybe it's the problem, but still so strange.. Ok, thanks for help, I think I just start further playing this MOD from lvl 9.
The Total Pack custom levels share one PRINCE.EXE located in "C:\Program Files\PoP1-Total Pack\run\pxx_custom"
Since Dark77 has edited his PRINCE.EXE with CusPOP, the custom levels' PRINCE.EXE doesn't completely work.

To play this mod fully functional from TotalPack, you'd have to temporarily move all files in "C:\Program Files\PoP1-Total Pack\run\pxx_custom" to a backup directory and extract all Dark77's PRINCE files into "C:\Program Files\PoP1-Total Pack\run\pxx_custom." Then when you're finished with this mod, you can bring back the old files to pxx_custom.

The Total Pack custom levels feature was mainly intended for mods that consist of only LEVELS.DAT.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Thanks, I'll try. Do u have own MODs?
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

Moscow Tracer wrote:Thanks, I'll try. Do u have own MODs?
Yes, but it's a SNES mod to be played with an emulator. viewtopic.php?f=73&t=2590
I also created this single screen level several months back: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=2781
The single screen will be way too easy for you lol.

I haven't created any full PoP1 mods like this one yet, I might someday.