Sands of Time Modification

Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Sands of Time Modification

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Would it be possible to make new levels for the sands of time? I doubt it It'd be pretty cool.
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Sands of Time Modification

I expected an answer like that. Oh well. I was thinking of a level in a big city and on the roof. But by doing that, I'd probably have to make new textures anyway. Oh well. Maybe in 500 years...
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

Making MODs of the Sands of Time would be an AMAZING breakthrough! But it would make me feel so old! :lol:
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Do you mean create a new engine or use the old and remake a game with it?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

He meant the former.

(Yeah, I wrote in a PoP SoT forum. Just sue me or somethin'... :roll: )
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Neogogeta »

mk1995 wrote:He meant the former.

(Yeah, I wrote in a PoP SoT forum. Just sue me or somethin'... :roll: )
Is it against the law or something?
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Well, I just said it like that, because I never posted in the trilogy forums in PoPUW. And since I thought you'd probably be used to me not doing that I considered that you might bicker about that. That's how I wrote that.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Neogogeta »

mk1995 wrote:Well, I just said it like that, because I never posted in the trilogy forums in PoPUW. And since I thought you'd probably be used to me not doing that I considered that you might bicker about that. That's how I wrote that.
As for me,I actually welcome all original POP players to post in the renewed series forums :)
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

I don't think mods of 3D games are for one person alone to undertake. I imagine there's a reason the credits at the end of the game take 3 minutes to show all those who contributed. However I believe I'd be in for such modifications, as I've definitely enjoyed the new trilogy more than the old one (simply because it is easier and I'm not much into programming, so that the old games have less appeal for me).
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

John Wain wrote:However I believe I'd be in for such modifications, as I've definitely enjoyed the new trilogy more than the old one (simply because it is easier and I'm not much into programming, so that the old games have less appeal for me).
What?! OK, I know that you don't really like the old games that much cause they make you cost your head for even the smallest mistake, but just because we're able to edit nearly any nuance of the very first game that started it all, it is less appealing to you? You could just think away the fact that you were actually able to edit the game and just look at the sole gameplay.

If I misunderstood you, please tell me how you saw it.
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

mk1995 wrote:
John Wain wrote:However I believe I'd be in for such modifications, as I've definitely enjoyed the new trilogy more than the old one (simply because it is easier and I'm not much into programming, so that the old games have less appeal for me).
What?! OK, I know that you don't really like the old games that much cause they make you cost your head for even the smallest mistake, but just because we're able to edit nearly any nuance of the very first game that started it all, it is less appealing to you? You could just think away the fact that you were actually able to edit the game and just look at the sole gameplay.

If I misunderstood you, please tell me how you saw it.

Oh, no, you basically got my point. I like PoP 1, don't get me wrong, but I also know how much fun I had with a racing game that had many .dat files interpretable with Notepad - making it easy to modify. I believe it's a challenge and a feeling of 'power' over the game when you can not only beat the original in less than 20 minutes, but also create your own levels and designs. Since I can't do either, my love for it is of course less than for the new series (which, though I can't modify, I can at least complete - even on Hard difficulty where that is selectable.)
Neogogeta
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Neogogeta »

John Wain wrote:I don't think mods of 3D games are for one person alone to undertake. I imagine there's a reason the credits at the end of the game take 3 minutes to show all those who contributed. However I believe I'd be in for such modifications, as I've definitely enjoyed the new trilogy more than the old one (simply because it is easier and I'm not much into programming, so that the old games have less appeal for me).

One person could do a small modification(, or big if time and moding skill are right). However,creating mods do not require so much people as the making of the game would, because to create the game from a scratch requires a lot more than just editing what we have already.
sTank
Neogogeta
L O S T Forever
RaymanForever2007
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: Sands of Time Modification: Widesscreen files

Post by RaymanForever2007 »

On, recently POP Sands of Time can be played in widescreen in Windows 10 Redstone !

Code: Select all

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/prince-persia-sands-time
A wise guy now posted his work having pop.ini (in this there is resolution setting line, very handy),pop1w.dll( the body) and dinput8.dll, which together work to make the gamescreen really WIDE ! without any distortion sensed, even no distortion of start movie logos.
Great work.
Download pop_widescreen.7z from the page, you will surely have fun.

Sample 1600x900 menu Wow !!

For the people who got EXTRA FOGGY GAMESCREEN when set fog effective, edit "Hardware.ini" file;
Before;
ForceVSFog=0
InvertFogRange=1
After;
ForceVSFog=1
InvertFogRange=0

and save the file setting "read only" property.