Hacking the SNES ROM

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Re: Hacking the SNES ROM

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 6:01 pm But then (story-wise) how can Jaffar be alive if I killed him earlier?...
The trailer and the game at the intro sequence answer that question.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Do we have pointers for the compressed graphics of the Prince, Princess, Jaffar (all three including intro scenes) and Amazon, as well as the title screen (and maybe the Konami logo screen)?
I found a guy that could compress the data for me, and its currently developing a SNES tool that has a SNES painting system and include algorithms to compress and decompress graphics for various game (including SNES PoP). He only needs those pointers for the compressed graphics.

EDIT 5/1/2019: I think I found the sprite graphics, but I am still missing the title and Konami screens.
Last edited by Shauing on May 2nd, 2019, 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: April 29th, 2019, 9:46 pm Do we have pointers for the compressed graphics of the Prince, Princess, Jaffar (on the intro scenes only) and Amazon?
I found a guy that could compress the data for me, and its currently developing a SNES tool that has a SNES painting system and include algorithms to compress and decompress graphics for various game (including SNES PoP). He only needs those pointers for the compressed graphics.
Not sure if this is what you mean, but...
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4236

Although I have a feeling I already linked to that after a very similar question from either you or someone else here. Not sure.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: April 29th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Shauing wrote: April 29th, 2019, 9:46 pm Do we have pointers for the compressed graphics of the Prince, Princess, Jaffar (on the intro scenes only) and Amazon?
Not sure if this is what you mean, but...
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4236

Although I have a feeling I already linked to that after a very similar question from either you or someone else here. Not sure.
Yeah, you answered similarly to a similar question I did, but back then I didn't ask for pointers for compressed graphics.
I'm not sure either as I don't know what I have to look for. Perhaps David knows what I am looking for.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Shauing wrote: April 29th, 2019, 9:46 pm Do we have pointers for the compressed graphics of the Prince, Princess, Jaffar (all three including intro scenes) and Amazon, as well as the title screen (and maybe the Konami logo screen)?

EDIT 5/1/2019: I think I found the sprite graphics, but I am still missing the title and Konami screens.
Do you need something like this? -> https://www.princed.org/wiki/SNES_format
Shauing wrote: April 29th, 2019, 9:46 pm I found a guy that could compress the data for me, and its currently developing a SNES tool that has a SNES painting system and include algorithms to compress and decompress graphics for various game (including SNES PoP). He only needs those pointers for the compressed graphics.
Hey, that sounds great!
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: May 4th, 2019, 11:53 am Do you need something like this? -> https://www.princed.org/wiki/SNES_format
Yeah, I think that's what I was looking for. I realized that the extracted graphics folder has also 1485 sprites. There are some sprites that cannot be seen, I assume these were dummied out, thus why they are empty/can't be seen.
David wrote: May 4th, 2019, 11:53 am Hey, that sounds great!
He also says he will give the source as well in case someone wants to add to it. I have to wait until the end of next week to see what he managed to do.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: April 29th, 2019, 9:46 pm Do we have pointers for the compressed graphics of the Prince, Princess, Jaffar (all three including intro scenes) and Amazon, as well as the title screen (and maybe the Konami logo screen)?

Sound great dude !
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 6:09 pm Sound great dude !
Hopefully it will work.

By the way, I saw a comment by you on my arrangement video asking for a tutorial. Specifically, about what do you want a tutorial?
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: May 6th, 2019, 8:44 pm
spartacus735 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 6:09 pm Sound great dude !
Hopefully it will work.

By the way, I saw a comment by you on my arrangement video asking for a tutorial. Specifically, about what do you want a tutorial?
How do you change the music of pop1snes ? with hexadecimal editor ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 10:30 pm How do you change the music of pop1snes ? with hexadecimal editor ?
Yes, I do it via hex-editing as there is no tool/software that can do this automatically (like Super Mario World; the tool for it only works there).

I can try to do a tutorial, though I have to organize and write down everything I know first to assure everything will work, so I cannot say when it's going to be ready, but I'll definitely work on it.

If there is something I don't touch in my tutorial, it's probably because I don't know/haven't experimented with yet (like import instrument/voice samples, or edit voice samples - which we can sort of do with a hack we have discussed earlier in this thread; though it would be interesting to know if the Prince can have a different voice sample).
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 10:30 pm How do you change the music of pop1snes ? with hexadecimal editor ?
I have documented the stuff that I know and that is needed for changing the music, so now I can start to make the video. I will try to describe each section and how to write on each of them. I will use the Prologue/Title music as example, and for now I will just limit it to write inside each channel's music notation space without expanding it. I'm still experimenting with expanding space, so that part hasn't been fully tested/documented. Hope to have the video soon, not sure when due to some pending small personal projects, but it might appear all of the sudden.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

spartacus735 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 6:09 pm

Sound great dude !
Do you have some news about it ? Do you have the name of the tool ?

Anyway thx for the future tutorial I appreciate. You're the next generation of pop snes hacker.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:15 pm Do you have some news about it ? Do you have the name of the tool ?
He's still working on it, it's just taking him longer than expected; I think in addition to the character sprites, he's trying to add the platform/trap graphics to be modified as well, though I think he will not add the capacity to modify the background/foreground tiles for the levels, or the screens such as the title screen, albeit I did sent to him the graphics so he knows how they look and where to find them just in case.
spartacus735 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:15 pm Anyway thx for the future tutorial I appreciate. You're the next generation of pop snes hacker.
Hopefully I will have it at some point of this month. I don't have that many PoP SNES hacks in mind, but I will do each one with the same 'striving for quality and freshness' approach.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: June 25th, 2019, 3:03 am
wooo ! how did you change the sprite ? Do you have some news with the sprite tool ? the software is SNESTilesKitten ?