Shadow's Story (trailer & download)

NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Shadow's Story (trailer & download)

Post by NITM-T »

My 4th mod! This one have 15 levels, but only 14 were modified. Time is 100 minutes.
Like spartacus735's The Lost Bottle (Chapter 1), I also made a extra level instead the Trainings. In this level, the players can training the Tricks available for SNES version. It's not all of them, but each room have, at leats 1, 2 even 3 Tricks to be done.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r115dy4m3 ... nd_FAQ.zip

The file contains the game and a FAQ. Maybe you guys get some doubts, but do not worry, this FAQ will explain a few things that I made for the mod be more fun or maybe, I don't know another way how to do those things. Anyway, this FAQ won't tell you about the game secrets.

This time, I made a better Romhack with less up and down rooms and less long corridors. This time we'll have a lot of Parkour :cool:
This mod tell us the original story told by Shadow. How it made its way through the palace trying to make its own destiny fooling the Adventurer(Kid/Prince) at some parts for they battle at level 15 and then...

My Special Thanks goes to Norbert and David who help me out with some hack edits. Thanks guys! And of course, all staff here who working very hard to make awesome mods for several versions!

I hope you guys like it. Good luck!!
May the Moon light your path.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Shadow's Story (trailer & download)

Post by spartacus735 »

Good work !

http://puu.sh/xs6P4/343c79984f.png

It's funny to see this work done because I had a projet like you few month ago with the "shadow" sequel, But I didn't finish it because I have a lot of work with the "lost bottle v2". We should make a mod together one day.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Thank you very much! I always wanted to play as Shadow when I was a kid and I never thought that one day I'd make one mod like that myself ^_^.
Yeah, I think is this, right?:
spartacus735 wrote:thx David !

I have another question, the shadow of the game is transparent. I wonder if it is possible to recover this effect and add a guard or prince

When I saw this, I thought that would be a good idea, but never thought that you were thinking about make a new mod. For me, was to put on The Lost Bottle. So, after David edit his post with the Hex changes:
David wrote: EDIT:
I found out that the $9a22 subroutine uses the value of A to determine which half of the palettes to use.
$00 means any, $01 means the first, $02 means the second. (See the LDA #$00 lines in the first code-box?)

Here is the first version of the hack:
x73CE to $02 (from $00) (load kid palette to second half)
x7436 to $02 (from $00) (load blue kid palette to second half)
x74EA to $EA $EA (from $D0 $16) (always enable transparency)
Note that the shadow will lose its transparency. I want to fix this.
I thought: "This was I wanted for my new mod". Make Prince looks like Shadow with its transparency.
Anyway, maybe one day you can show this project too. Even with the same purpose, would be your version of the story.
spartacus735 wrote:We should make a mod together one day.
I appreciate that, man! Would be cool.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

NITM-T wrote:Thank you very much! I always wanted to play as Shadow when I was a kid and I never thought that one day I'd make one mod like that myself ^_^.
Yeah, I think is this, right?:
spartacus735 wrote:thx David !

I have another question, the shadow of the game is transparent. I wonder if it is possible to recover this effect and add a guard or prince

When I saw this, I thought that would be a good idea, but never thought that you were thinking about make a new mod. For me, was to put on The Lost Bottle. So, after David edit his post with the Hex changes:
David wrote: EDIT:
I found out that the $9a22 subroutine uses the value of A to determine which half of the palettes to use.
$00 means any, $01 means the first, $02 means the second. (See the LDA #$00 lines in the first code-box?)

Here is the first version of the hack:
x73CE to $02 (from $00) (load kid palette to second half)
x7436 to $02 (from $00) (load blue kid palette to second half)
x74EA to $EA $EA (from $D0 $16) (always enable transparency)
Note that the shadow will lose its transparency. I want to fix this.
I thought: "This was I wanted for my new mod". Make Prince looks like Shadow with its transparency.
Anyway, maybe one day you can show this project too. Even with the same purpose, would be your version of the story.
spartacus735 wrote:We should make a mod together one day.
I appreciate that, man! Would be cool.
Indeed my question was for "the lost bottle" I decided to change the story with the bottle object. For the V2 I will probably change the story again because it's very hard to make a credible story with limited editing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I started playing this and was thinking 'What, I just started and already I'm stuck?'
But then I remembered that SNES has secret passages and such. ;)
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

This is really weird and interesting, good work. I think level 7 part is not missing, there Shadow taked a potion..
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

spartacus735 wrote:Indeed my question was for "the lost bottle" I decided to change the story with the bottle object. For the V2 I will probably change the story again because it's very hard to make a credible story with limited editing.
I see. Well, I really liked the chapter 1 and I'm sure you'll make it better whatever the story you choose. And you're right. Sometimes, I wish we could have more and more editing stuff... Of course for me would be probably useless, but I'd try anyway hahaha.
Norbert wrote:I started playing this and was thinking 'What, I just started and already I'm stuck?'
But then I remembered that SNES has secret passages and such. ;)
Hahaha, yeah. Since Prince can go through walls, Shadow also can and we have only to figure how it do its way. Because it have to go to somewhere.
salvadorc17 wrote:This is really weird and interesting, good work. I think level 7 part is not missing, there Shadow taked a potion..
Since it interesting for you, it's good for me ^_^. Thank you!
Nope, it's not. This is Shadow's story, so it have to make those parts from the original story, you know? But, is kind of funny and weird in my mod :D
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

I loved this mod, it was very creative and interesting, despite my great knowledge, I find it very difficult. In this room there are two walls without blocking. As for the training, it was very good to practice, but you should write a step by step training, so that the player can learn the techniques there, because if you do not have any reference, the training is not a training, but an additional level . I found the training very difficult for those who want to learn the techniques without help. Congratulations for this mod, and keep bringing more to us. Thank you my friend!!
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Thanks, bro! I used more time in this one that the others, I wanted to do something that was not so tiring. The Two Princesses only get good after some levels, Time Only Knows and The Kingdom of the Dead are like, a maze with a lot of corridors and stuff, a headache in another words :P

Well, as you can see, you can climb there, both sides, so it was purposeful. You see, as a "shadow", It should be able to see through the walls, but I thought that would be better to do this otherwise. That is just a demo or something, heh...

I not made a step by step training because we already have these: https://www.popot.org/documentation.php?doc=Tricks
There, we can see all Tricks found till now for DOS version and some of them can be used on SNES version, so my mod is to training after watch them or for those who are already familiar with them or better, to start training how to do them since the time is infinite ;)
Maybe you're right about the difficulty, but I learn how to make them after play several hours before learn about popot site. I suffered a lot :lol:
I think is because I like that, something to do with Castlevania: SotN where, for years, we try find Glitches, Tricks and Bugs till today.
Those Tricks can be hard at first sight, but once we get them, it's pretty easy to do them. Of course, in my mod, a few of them you have to do a bit different that you see on the video. For me, whatever the game is, Glitches, Tricks have more that one way to do them and some of them, have a fixed spot to make them easy.

Anyway, I'm glad that you liked and I hope I can bring more SNES PoP hacks for us to play and I say the same to you, my friend. Good luck on your projects both life and games!
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

I'm loving the mod, I've trained some parts. In this image I'm having a hard time going through the crusher, I do not remember the trick of going through it.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Nice, that's good! This part is showing on the video trailer, but things got worse for me. My PC just gone again, so I'm using a TV and is not good, I can't post links, I can't use the mouse to copy and paste the links either, I can't help with nothing like that, it's sucks...

After you climb, just press right to left to start run to the left side and jump over the spikes, so when you step on the loose, let the Shadow make its next step and before it fall, press the jump button for it step where the crusher is doing another jump. You need do this on right frame.
I can't watch the videos on popot site and I don't know why (this TV is useless), but I think this Trick is a variation of the Trick number 30. I wrote all I can use on SNES version with they links, but I can't do nothing about right now. Maybe someone who already pass this part can help you. I'm sorry for that man, but I will be useless till a fix that PC...
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

elveskz wrote:I'm loving the mod, I've trained some parts. In this image I'm having a hard time going through the crusher, I do not remember the trick of going through it.
I'm sorry buddy, I think I made a mistake. Instead the video number 30, try watch the number 42. I think 30 is just to jump over 2 looses and 42 is to jump over looses while is running.
elveskz
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by elveskz »

I did this, this trick I had not used because there are no crusher tricks in the forum tips, they are exclusive to the snes version. Maybe the rest I can get through, thanks for the tip, and if I go through difficulties I'll let you know. The mod is great, congratulations!!
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Hell yes, this hack is really awsome, it forces you to do all kind of tricks..
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

elveskz wrote:I did this, this trick I had not used because there are no crusher tricks in the forum tips, they are exclusive to the snes version. Maybe the rest I can get through, thanks for the tip, and if I go through difficulties I'll let you know. The mod is great, congratulations!!
I just played a few DOS version hacks, but I don't know if there is one or more that have crusher. I think people who knows about advance hack stuff can put it. Anyway, like I said before, some of those Tricks can be used on SNES version, but is it different when we do on it and also I said that you guys will need to do them a bit more different in my mod. Or course that was already used before in other mods and such, so I changed some of them, too ;)
You're welcome and you have my thanks, too! All right, even without my PC, I think I can help like that as long you guys post pics to me to see better how I can help, so I'll reply ASAP.
salvadorc17 wrote:Hell yes, this hack is really awsome, it forces you to do all kind of tricks..
Yeah, that's right :twisted: We've to use our experience on Tricks and strategies we got to go futher in the game hahaha.

Guys, truly thank you! I'm very glad that you're like to play this mod :)