Mod: The Castle of War 1.0

robert
Sultan
Sultan

Mod: The Castle of War 1.0

Post by robert »

Hey guys! Here's my second SNES modification of Prince of Persia. It's name is The Castle Of War, I started the mod in 2012 and ended just today, not because it took me so long but because I left it in standby the past years. Anyway, what will you see? Just a normal mod with the same essence to the original game, simple and also medium levels, a few palette changes, there's more than one level where the kid starts without his sword (That is to say two), secret passages to get LPs. Oh, speaking about LPs, further ones may not be hard to get, but neither simple to identify which are and which not, and where they are. You can get them if you want.

TIP: In the level where you fight Jaffar's retinue, remember to fall down looking to the LEFT and to WALK DUCKED as fast as posible!

Here are some pictures of what you'll see:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

The download link :arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5fpih ... ar+1.0.rar

Anything you want to ask, any bug you've found, or whatever, feel free to comment down here.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Thanks to the whole community for making possible to do this.
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Re: Mod: The Castle of War 1.0

Post by salvadorc17 »

The mod screenshoots look really cool, liked that blue dungeon and purple castle. I have tested firts level and is kind weird, cave is above the castle, and not below xd, also why cannot be openened by snes level editor??
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

salvadorc17 wrote:why cannot be openened by snes level editor??
Because you might have a previous version of the level editor, to open my mod you must have the newest release.

And, thank you for trying it!
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Hey Robert ! I just finished your mod and is amazing. Seriously I love how you make levelset ( No bug , clean , 20 level like the original version )

I like your secret passage for the potion is very interessing :Image

Actually I found a bug last week : Image
The wall on the left side are "transparent" you probably forgot to put "Walls" or something like that in Pr1sneslevEd...

Thank for sharing ! continue to make mod !
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

spartacus735 wrote:Actually I found a bug last week : Image
The wall on the left side are "transparent" you probably forgot to put "Walls" or something like that in Pr1sneslevEd...
I've actually linked a room 254, instead of 255. I haven't realised it was transparent until now... Nevertheless, it can be seen as an unexpected trap instead of a bug, can't it? xp

Anyway, thank you for your comment! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Why the mod is called "Castle of war", i tough will be a mod where you should battle guard each room xd?? I have played until level 10 and no bugs found, also that blue cave color is really awsome...
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

salvadorc17 wrote:Why the mod is called "Castle of war", i tough will be a mod where you should battle guard each room xd??
Because I lack of imagination when it comes to "names". Like "Miracles Don't Exist", "The Castle of War" is just a meaningless name. However, there is a variety of guards, an example would be in level 9, there's the fat one, a brown skeleton, and some yellow-blue guards.

Thanks for the comment!
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Do you like adding guards to levels, or you preffer traps??? mod is good anyway, just feel name dont fit :D
Maybe a "Castle of war" will be a mod idea for adding levels with lot of guards..
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

salvadorc17 wrote:Do you like adding guards to levels, or you preffer traps??? mod is good anyway, just feel name dont fit :D
Maybe a "Castle of war" will be a mod idea for adding levels with lot of guards..
Both, in equal parts. I think a mod with a lot of guards should be well constructed, nothing easy, otherwise it'll be kinda monotonus. My mods are never highly elaborated so I place a limit of guards and traps that fits nice in every level.
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Just have tested mod, and i have noticed some stuff.

-Mod is interesting and difficult as original.
-Seems some levels has not been changed.
-The only bad stuff is that some "bosses" where changed for regular guards.

Good work anyway.
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

salvadorc17 wrote:Just have tested mod, and i have noticed some stuff.

-Mod is interesting and difficult as original.
-Seems some levels has not been changed.
-The only bad stuff is that some "bosses" where changed for regular guards.

Good work anyway.
Thank you for your reply!

What do you mean with "some levels has not been changed"? Because every level is constructed different from the original game, they sort of look like at some parts but not the whole levels. And as far as I remember, no bosses were replaced by regular guards, I might be wrong becuase it's been a while, could you point one example please?
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

robert wrote: What do you mean with "some levels has not been changed"? Because every level is constructed different from the original game, they sort of look like at some parts but not the whole levels. And as far as I remember, no bosses were replaced by regular guards, I might be wrong becuase it's been a while, could you point one example please?
Yes, as far as i remember the girl from level 6, some skeletons and cant remember more guards replacements..
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

salvadorc17 wrote:Yes, as far as i remember the girl from level 6, some skeletons and cant remember more guards replacements..
Well the girl is actually there, I've just checked it :?
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Nevermind i have moded version, so there are no real problems with guards..
Jacques.T
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Jacques.T »

Hello Robert, thank you for your mod, it's great to have a try.
Btw, I've tried several times in level 12 but still no idea.
May I have any hints of it?