[FreePrince] New engine

Threads about other remakes and ports.
sooguard
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

[FreePrince] New engine

Post by sooguard »

poirot wrote:
>But that's not all: if PV3 is Ok, we'll start re coding a new engine of the game! with full graph, sound, levels support, etc.

I realy whant to participate on the project.
It will be for windows ? (I Have som experience with DirectX and OpenGL )
It will be 3D?
poirot
Developer
Developer

[FreePrince] New engine

Post by poirot »

The program will be portable, so I think OpenGL is gonna be fine. What I want to do is an engine as abstract as you can edit everithing game, even adding scripting in the levels format for some things inside the game. I think we can start in 2D and after that add a 3D engine so the player/level designer will be able to choose. What do you think?

Any suggestions?
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: New engine

Post by ecco »

I think it could be a good idea. I don't know anything about game engines, but I can make things in 3d if it's required.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

great :) it will take a time, but for the moment I'm practicing with MSVC++ (I don't want to edit moogi's code without knowing a lot of the Win Api; btw, we really need him). I want to finish PV3 first, so we can use it to design test maps in the engine coding.

[Editado el 26/9/2003 por poirot]

Post by Guest »

Good news, i am orspeeder there (i am having problems to log in... the site is toooooo slow even with 600kbps)

The good news are: I have found jordan mechner, i will not tell here where to find him, because it can get angry (i noted that he run from fans :D ), but i sent a message to him aking for the sourcecode of PoP, so we can use the code as a base to the new engine, i am waiting for his response, so await with me :D

And obvious, i told in the message about http://www.princed.com.ar :D
peter_k
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by peter_k »

Anonymous wrote:(...) but i sent a message to him aking for the sourcecode of PoP, so we can use the code as a base to the new engine, i am waiting for his response, so await with me :D
Hmm, Jordan Mechner now is not the owner of prince source code ;)

Post by Guest »

I know, i tryed to ask to UbiSoft, but theyr mail is not working (what make a big corporation leave the contact system bugged???)

So I asked Jordan, and i told him to ask Ubi :D
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

I have his email address, but never mailed him, I think I should have :?. I know Tammo Jan told him to browse his page, and he got 6 points in the POP1 Quiz! ;)

So if you get a copy of the original MS Quick C source, send it ;)

ohh, and tell me what was his answer about princed project homepage :D

Post by Guest »

He is not sending response.... too bad, pass me his e-mail (i tryed other thing...) and, i tried to make a reverse engineering, without sucess... so, if the source code are in C i will be happy (i am a C programmer)
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

the code was made in MS Quick C and packed with an exe packing tool, you can download that and get the original msqc exe file to make dissasembling much human readable.

mechner's mail is as easier as his name at his last name dot com.

If you are interested in freeprince coding (made in C too) please tell me, we still have lots of work to do ;)

Post by Guest »

I was thiking about to start a engine in C myself, but now you told me that your engine is in C too, so, i want to help :D (i started do learn C in Quick C :D because i hate microsoft, i have continued my studies in Turbo C, after this, the Borland C++ (non visual...) and now, Dev-Cpp (for visual projects) and Turbo C again ( 3.0 version :D the BC++ is very buggy and crashes often when compiling)
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

lol, I hate microsoft too, so I compile in GCC under Unix and LCC under win32 :)

Well, that's good news, you can
* send me an email to ecalot@princed.com.ar
* join our irc channel at #princed in irc.freenode.net
* register a username here in the forum
or
* contact me over any Instant messenger
as you preffer
OrSpeeder
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by OrSpeeder »

Now source forge decided to allow me to log on :D

But now, irc.freenode.net do not allow me to log on...
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

what irc client are you using?
OrSpeeder
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by OrSpeeder »

Now the irc is working, now is the GForge that do not allow me to make an acc (it simply do not sends the mail to me...) being a developer is getting hard...