Zeth Holyblade's PoP2 Tricknasium

zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Zeth Holyblade's PoP2 Tricknasium

Post by zethholyblade »

This mod was half-way done yesterday but I completed it early this morning :mrgreen: As the name suggests, it's the one place where you can exercise your character's abilities.

Since I was told that many of you guys are mostly familiar with Prince of Persia 1 and don't know many of the funny tricks and stuff you can perform in PoP2 --and a harder mod than the Hardcore one is comming soon which is the Parkour one (perhaps this sunday)-- I decided to create an easy 'n' quick mod for everyone to play.

==================================================================================
The mod contains these changes:

- Fast-paced PoP2 Mini-experience.
- Small but complex level layouts for caverns, ruins and temple levels.
- Most level exits are found close to where you start, leaving you to explore each level at will.
- Combat is still challenging in a few areas, but it's more of an option than real task.
- The princess... can rest easy knowing you're just chilling at the gym.

This mod will teach you the following tricks:

- Jumping: yes yes, we all know how to jump, but you will learn specially when to do a normal jump, running jump under different circumstances.
- Wall-climbing/hopping: jumping onto a loose floor pannel and climbing it up before you fall. Three ways: running through, run 'n' jump to, jump to.
- Spike dropping: jumping down to the tile next to some spikes is suicidal right? Right?? Find out :)
- Platform dropping: dropping from different platforms (both loose and steady) will be very common in the upcomming Parkour mod. Master it.
- Duck-climbing: climbing the wall-saws from the right side and then ducking to avoid getting killed. Can also be used for climbing up halfway-opened gates.
- Combat dancing: master the skills of the warrior within the prince. There are moments you'll have to dodge, switch places often.
- Stealth: either by crounching or walking, there are momments you don't wanna make a noise.
- Sword Bungee jump: a stealthy way to drop down and skip one floor (just don't forget to grab or you'll die).
- Flame sword dueling: can this be? Can it be killed without cheating? Find out :)
- Leap of Faith: calculate the distance and jump down the chasm :)
- Shadow parkour: the laws of physics apply differently in shadow form, master it :)
- Crusher-jumping: learn to save yourself with a crusher's help (for real)
- Cartoon running: just like in Looney Tunes, you can force an enemy to run past you... to their deaths.

==================================================================================

LEVELS DESCRIPTION

(01) Palace Rooftops: Even though, you'll be facing seasoned guards again, just toy with them around and run to the exit (they die in 1 hit).
(02) Beach: Just, stay off the beach, unless you wanna meet the other survivor from the shipwreck.
(03) Caves 01 There are 2 life potions. Exit can be found right away
(04) Caves 02 There are 2 life potions. Exit can be found right away
(05) Caves 03 There is 1 life potion. Watch your step when you reach the carpet. And yes.. no skeleton bridge, but no worries, the upcomming Parkour mod will compensate you for both this and the Hardcore mod ;D
(06) Ruins 01 There are 3 life potions. The head in this dungeon is somewhat harmless. Exit can be found right away.
(07) Ruins 02 There is 1 life potion. Exit can be found right away.
(08) Ruins 03 There is 1 life potion. Ready for your first leap of Faith?
(09) Ruins 04 There are 2 life potions (Yes the minimap shows 3, but I removed one). Exit can be found right away.
(10) Temple 01 There are 2 life potions. You're trapped by the way, must clear this puzzle to escape.
(11) Temple 02 There are 3 life potions. You're trapped again... the Prince and the Shadow must work together to escape.
(12) Temple 03 There are 4 life potions. Exit is right away, but if you want those potions you'll have to do some serious wall climbing & hopping.
(13) Temple 04 There are 3 life potions. Exit is right away, but you'll have to fight your way through relentless hordes of enemies.
(14) Jaffar 01 Minor changes in here, but the end comes as always

INSTALATION

Just make a copy of your PoP2 folder, you could rename it to 'TRICKS', and replace PRINCE.DAT with the file available in this topic.

=================================================================================

KNOWN BUGS

- At final level, if you engage the flame sword before heading down to the spider (specially via fall) the game will exit... I dunno why.

VIDEO WALKTHROUGH:

Not available yet.

MAP LAYOUT

THE CAVES

THE RUINS

THE TEMPLE

SCREENSHOTS

THE CAVES

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

THE RUINS

THE TEMPLE

MISC
Other notes:

- I recommend listening to the Prince of Persia 3D OST while playing this game xD.
- This mod is very quick and easier to play. Have fun!
- If you have suggestions I'd like to read them.
Attachments
PRINCE.DAT
(379.59 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Last edited by zethholyblade on August 8th, 2015, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Zeth Holyblade's PoP2 Trick-nasium

Post by SuavePrince »

Woowww,excellent work..excelente trabajo y que tal detalle el tuyo,estoy esperando el mas dificil ;)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Zeth Holyblade's PoP2 Tricknasium

Post by Norbert »

zethholyblade wrote:a harder mod than the Hardcore one is comming soon which is the Parkour one (perhaps this sunday)
Hm, I guess the Parkour mod and this Tricknasium could be announced (on Facebook, Twitter, and such) together.
Provides people with choices. I'll wait a bit for the Tricknasium then - it's now Sunday, after all. :)
Please thoroughly test your mod's levels - maybe you already did/do. With multiple mods and many levels it's easy to overlook things.
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

Norbert wrote:Hm, I guess the Parkour mod and this Tricknasium could be announced (on Facebook, Twitter, and such) together.
Provides people with choices. I'll wait a bit for the Tricknasium then - it's now Sunday, after all. :)
Please thoroughly test your mod's levels - maybe you already did/do. With multiple mods and many levels it's easy to overlook things.
Hi hi Norbert :mrgreen: In all honesty I'd prefer people had the chance to play the Tricknasium before they play the complete Parkour mod, since by then they'll be more familiar with all the tricks necessary to go through that place.

As for the mod testing before realease, of course, that'll be mandatory, I even found a few new "errors" upon entering certain rooms that crashed the game... they had to be edited sadly :cry:

I'm still working on the 4th temple level... it's really hard to design, still at the 4th room and so far I'm like re-redisigning things to find the perfect balance between agile gameplay and sadistically difficult trap puzzles (it's the last level anyway).
SuavePrince wrote:Woowww,excellent work..excelente trabajo y que tal detalle el tuyo,estoy esperando el mas dificil ;)
Gracias :mrgreen: Será debidamente desafiante xD sobre todo el Templo 4.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Hi, I will add/announce your mods in a couple of hours.
I'll add a text that maybe it's best if people who are new to PoP2 tricks play the Tricknasium before they play the complete Parkour.
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

Norbert wrote:Hi, I will add/announce your mods in a couple of hours.
I'll add a text that maybe it's best if people who are new to PoP2 tricks play the Tricknasium before they play the complete Parkour.
Aye, good call on being specific about them trying out this mod first :mrgreen:
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

Walkthrough for the Tricknasium: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=3682
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

I started playing this mod a few days ago. I'm currently on level 8 (ruins 3).

I see you really like climbing up from loose floors, every level had some of them so far.
Somehow, sometimes I have to climb down and up at the edge for correct positioning, but at other places I must not do that.

On level 7 (ruins 2), in the exit room there is a tunnel on the left. If I want to enter it the game crashes.
Now I looked at your maps, and I think the problem is that there is no room to the left.

Also, I see some unreachable rooms on the maps of ruins 2 and caves 2.
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

David wrote:I see you really like climbing up from loose floors, every level had some of them so far.
Somehow, sometimes I have to climb down and up at the edge for correct positioning, but at other places I must not do that.
Hi there David. Yeah it's something I liked adding, maybe a bit too much at some places lolz. If i make a tricknasium 2 I'll probably reduce the ammount of those or make things a bit more dynamic.
David wrote:On level 7 (ruins 2), in the exit room there is a tunnel on the left. If I want to enter it the game crashes.
Now I looked at your maps, and I think the problem is that there is no room to the left.
Oh I must have left that part open by mistake, or forgot to come up with a puzzle room for that one (that's most likely considering there's an unreachable room somewhere up).
David wrote:Also, I see some unreachable rooms on the maps of ruins 2 and caves 2.
Yeah sorry about that xD. I originally intended them to be something like easter egg places, but as the level design progress continued i forgot about them completely and didn't delete them from the map layout.

--

Taking what you said into consideration, I'll patch the Tricknasium right away, and add a bit more beautification to the levels.
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Hi buddy,I cant play this mod.i use dfenreload,is necessary other emulator?hola amigo,no puedo jugar porque en el primer nivel se cuelga el juego,necesito otro emulador?
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

SuavePrince wrote:Hi buddy,I cant play this mod.i use dfenreload,is necessary other emulator?hola amigo,no puedo jugar porque en el primer nivel se cuelga el juego,necesito otro emulador?
Hmmm que raro, solamente pones prince.dat en una caperta de PoP2, nada más, y lo corres con Dos Box

---

Is anybody having trouble running the mod thingy?