The Two Thrones Uncensoration.

Action-adventure video game first released in December 2005.
zsombor6
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

The Two Thrones Uncensoration.

Post by zsombor6 »

Hi to all. I'm new here, my friend told me about this site, and I want to ask you, how to uncensore a censored prince of persia the two thrones. I mean I can't cut down enemys' heads, can't rip them in two pieces, N all... ( just like in the warrior within)
So is there a way to uncensore the game or is it real that just US POP T2T is uncensored? Cuz my friend told me, that it was a thread, in what people were talking about a way to uncensore... i think it was something popuw or what... than I asked a youtube video uploader and he told me about the same thread in this forum:

"Re: POP 3 Uncensored
Try to ask some help here index.php
There was a forum some time ago (popuw) there was pretty much all info how to make it "

PLEASE HELP ME TO UNCENSORE IT. :)
mickey96
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Re: The Two Thrones Uncensoration.

Post by mickey96 »

Maybe your country dosen't allow mature content?

Maybe you should got to USA and purchase the game from there?
Refueled my car! Now I can keep going!
zsombor6
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by zsombor6 »

You are all charm mickey.... The only thing you don't understand is that not every people have the money to go to the USA just for buying a F***ing game, when they could just download it via torrent... well, I'm the one, who has no money to go to the USA from Romania, but I don't use torrent, cuz I don't have net, I can just use the net in a club.... and yeah I don't have a mood to buy it, after what I bought one from here (Romania), one from Hungaria and another one from Bulgaria.
ALL I NEED is to uncensore the game, and if there is ANY way, then just tell me how, cuz I'm not in a good mood ater what you said mickey96...
Please help seriously...It is not a big deal for you, experts from the forum, I think.
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

Ok we get your point. But please stop talking in that malicious tone.
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
zsombor6
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by zsombor6 »

OK, sorry. I was a bit angry then...
What do you mean about you got my point? So it really is a way to uncensore it? Or I must overwrite some files for the uncensoration? If you have files to uncensore the game, PLEASE send them in my yahoo mail box : zsombor6@yahoo.com or contact me trough my yahoo messenger. Same ID: zsombor6
Thank you very much musicmaker
Shahrayar
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Shahrayar »

I tried once to uncensore the game, unfortunatly popuw closed down before I could managed, however I think there is a way but I could be completly wrong.

The files within the us version pop3.exe, amir.dll and another amir file are uncensored and if they are copied and pasted into the directory of the European version it will get uncensored, but you will get starforce instead, but by using Fstarforce or daemontools or something else which is capable of bypassing starforce 3.6 which pop3 uses I think it would work.

But I never tried it, so I could be wrong, and I don't have the pop3.exe, amir.dll from the american version. if someone could supply them then it could be tried.

On the previous site popuw there was the entire american version posted on easyshare, unfortunatly I did not manage to get it before it closed down.
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

zsombor6 wrote:OK, sorry. I was a bit angry then...
What do you mean about you got my point? So it really is a way to uncensore it? Or I must overwrite some files for the uncensoration? If you have files to uncensore the game, PLEASE send them in my yahoo mail box : zsombor6@yahoo.com or contact me trough my yahoo messenger. Same ID: zsombor6
Thank you very much musicmaker
No I'm afraid not lol I mean that we get your point that it's been really hard for you to obtain an uncensored copy. :oops:
I'm also not the right person to talk to about this kind of thing. I suggest asking poirot or jalal, although you probably won't get anything back from him in a while...
Sorry...
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

Indeed I remember some projects to uncensor the game on the old popuw.com forum. However, I am not sure this was ever achieved. Anyhow, since I'm from Romania too, îmi pare bine ca ne-ai gasit. Speram sa te revedem pe forum.*

* I'm glad you found us. Here's hoping to see you again on the forum.
Shattered
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Shattered »

John Wain wrote:Indeed I remember some projects to uncensor the game on the old popuw.com forum. However, I am not sure this was ever achieved.
There was a thread on POPUW about this project. I forgot who started it, but I do remember that this person contacted RELOADED (the group who cracked the EU version) with a request to crack the uncensored version. They replied that they would consider cracking it but that newer targets were more important. It sure took them a long time to crack the European DVD version, so my guess is that they were not in a mood to bother with the uncensored version.

Although never cracked, a clone of the uncensored US 3CD version can be downloaded. It requires unplugging IDE drives for it to bypass the protection, but at least it's working.
taha
Efendi
Efendi

Post by taha »

I was the most dedicated follower of the topic in POPUW,y'now.And guess what:POPUW came back a week ago.But the forum's down permanently,and there's nothing in the site yet.

About uncensoring,a member named saeed had dedicated himself to this,saying that some of the files in Europe was censored blah blah.what shahrayar says.I followed him for years,contacted him , even helped just a little.He sounded like he was up to something,but something strange happened:Someone just popped up a topic claiming that found the way!It was a whole different way from what saeed was trying.I tried but it didn't work,probably my mistake,it was complicated.If jalal decides to put the old forum archives to the net,you could give it a shot.
"Why is it that every time a disaster strikes I find myself without a proper blade?Still,it's better than nothing."

"-It's messy,impossible to eat with dignity....Hmph,so much work for a few seeds."
"Isn't it the effort that makes them much sweeter?"
"I think I'm gonna be sick..."

Just call me "Kakolookiyam".
Shattered
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Shattered »

There is no need for such a thing. A clone of the uncensored version (released in America) was released, so you can actually play the game. You can also still buy this version on eBay.
Shattered
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Shattered »

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Warrior Within and The Two Thrones are now also sold on Good Old Games:

Code: Select all

http://www.gog.com/
Unfortunately, the version of TTT on GOG is the censored version:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/prince_of_persia_series/two_thrones_is_it_the_uncensored_version
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

The publisher also supplied you with the cracked files from Reloaded again.

There's something ironic about ubisoft complaining about piracy while at the same time relying on the efforts of crack groups to sell their older games.
Ubisoft is staffed by a******s, no doubt about it.
Shattered
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Shattered »

It certainly looks that way.

The amir.dll files from the crack by RELOADED and the GOG release are identical. The pop3.exe in the GOG release is compressed with UPX. It has the same file size unpacked as the cracked pop3.exe by RELOADED. Although there are differences between both exes, the main discrepancy seems to be the absence of the text messages that RELOADED put in.

This game was developed by Ubisoft, so why they would rely on cracks goes beyond my comprehension.

Well, it sure wouldn't be the first time:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2008/07/18/ubisoft_releases_illegal_no-cd_crack_to_fix_game_bugs
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Shattered wrote:This game was developed by Ubisoft, so why they would rely on cracks goes beyond my comprehension.
Precisely, which is why I reiterate that Ubisoft is staffed by morons. If they have such bad source code control that they can't even keep track of their own releases, they should feel ashamed to be in the business of software development.
Shattered wrote:Well, it sure wouldn't be the first time:
DRM is evil, there's no two ways about it, period. I don't care whether the DRM used is 'benign' or a bloody rootkit (I'll never forgive Sony for that >:(); DRM in any form and on any media is absolute rubbish and as a matter of principle for quite some time now I have stayed away from companies that use it, and supported others that trust their users. High time big business learnt that such trust is generally not misplaced and is not a naïve/idiotic move, since many companies have done it and been successful, despite the prevalence of piracy (which can never be stamped out).