prince.exe editor

Discussions about all other tools (CusPop, SAV/HOF editors) and hex editing.
GameMaster
Sheikh
Sheikh

prince.exe editor

Post by GameMaster »

Is there an editer for the prince.exe file itself? When Kirill Terebilov created POP4D, he not only edited levels.dat, but prince.exe as well and made the game display his name before the title screen and changed the cheat activation name too. The creater of the Great Escape edited the whole .exe file with many changes. I would like to do the same with my upcoming POP mod Prince of Persia: Hell on Earth. That's why I want a prince.exe editor, if one exists.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

I've used an hex editor to edit some cool stuff, not only text strings but guard lives, skills and stuff. I've also managed to edit the dungeon/palace status of a level. I think I should still have the offsets in case you need them.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

I don't have them right now, but I will when I get back home ;)
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

btw, if you are interested in searching for other offsets just tell me ;)
Zeta
Efendi
Efendi

Re: prince.exe editor

Post by Zeta »

There is one value I'm trying to find in the pop1 exe (a cracked 1.4, I'll upload it if you want/need it) for the game timer, since the levelset I'm making might end up taking more than 60 minutes to complete (heck, one level takes 9 minutes, assuming you get that first switch in the first room... if not, then 18 minutes.)

I tried searching for it (with the hex value 3C), and the only semi-safe value I could find affected game speed (it's the second one, if my memory serves correctly). adjusting this can result in interesting effects (some glitches are no longer possible, for instance).

...this searching was also done using Hex Workshop, BTW.

[edit: I would also like to know where the "starting live value" for the prince is in the executable, so I can start off with 1 HP instead of 3. why? just because.]
[quick 2nd edit: just post the offsets you have and what their normal values are. I can probably figure out any mismatches between them and mine given the values.]
Zeta
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Zeta »

I did manage to pull up an archived version of that page (unfortunately, it doesn't work >.<).

I do know what hex offsets I need for this.

I am using a cracked v1.4 executable
I want an initial HP of 1 (instead of 3) and a max HP of 15 (there's more than enough LEPs in my set for that, but most require exploits to get to)
I want a time of 300 minutes exact (I'll still be playtesting the levels to make sure it could be cleared in under an hour)
I would like to have level 12 (both 12a and 12b) be palace levels with the option to (in 12b - 12a already has it) add chompers and spikes.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

I'm working to release cuspop2.0 with new design, the same features but now in beta stage any more.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

no cuspop is online now (again) on the princed.org go to tab cusPOP and there you can make it