Easy Events Assigner I & II (v2.1)

Discussions about all other tools (CusPop, SAV/HOF editors) and hex editing.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Re: Easy Events Assigner I & II (v1.1)

Post by Butcher »

News 2010-06-16

EEA version 1.1 available!
EEA II version 1.1 available!

- Fixed a small bug while deleting events.
- As I knew the numbers over the events (gates) and buttons were overlapping themselves, I resized each tile to 16x30 pixels, (previous was 12x26), changed the font to a fixed size, now it is "Courier New", reduced the font size and centered them

Note: Events with 3 numbers like 100 to 255 still will overlap, as its needed about 8 pixels to each number... but as is very hard to find a level with more than 99 events I think that will not be a problem. ;-)

Just click my signature below.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Re: Easy Events Assigner I & II (v2.0)

Post by Butcher »

News 2010-06-24

Easy Events Assigner v2.0 available!
Easy Events Assigner II v2.0 available!

Thousands and thousands of new features!!!

- New executable names, EEA.EXE and EEA2.EXE
- MDI (Multiple Document Interface) application, now you can open all the levels to edit them!
- New events assigner method, more flexible, more robust!
- New drawing engine, totally flicker-free!
- Setup Dialog, Open Dialog (*1, 2)
- Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete operations, available at "Events" menu. (*3)
- Play level directly, play level using DosBox
- Tool Bar

And the best ones!!!

- HIGH DEFINITION TILE GRAPHICS!!! (*4)
- HIGH DEFINITION GUARD GRAPHICS!!! (*5, 6)

(*1) Like RoomShaker, the program at first run it will ask it to set up it. The setup dialog only will open again at first run if the EEA/EEA II don't find the Levels File (LEVELS.DAT/PRINCE.DAT). If it finds the level file it will open the Open level dialog.

(*2) You can select the colors of the event numbers of gates/items and buttons/actions.

(*3) Read the Help as the Paste operation is different when in "List all 256 events" mode. The "Undo" operation is only available when you cut, paste or delete a event. It is not available if you delete the event using the [-] button.

(*4) In EEA at setup dialog you can select HD Default, HD Dungeon, HD Palace and Roomshaker tilesets, the HD Default tileset will use the HD Dungeon or HD Palace depending of the level, (3 = Dungeon, 4 = Palace), while HD Dungeon or HD Palace will be used the same tileset for all the levels of the game. In EEA II we have only the HD Default and RoomShaker.

(*5) In EEA, if you click at the "View" menu to display the prince and the guards it will display at the grid small bitmaps of the prince and the guards including the guard's colour with a small coloured dot over each sprite. This is only available using the HD tile graphics. When using the RoomShaker graphics the prince and the guards will be small triangles like arrows pointing the direction of them

(*6) In EEA II, the small bitmaps will not be shown even with HD Default selected as Tileset. Read the Note #3 below.

Note #1: If you let the mouse over a gate with a event, it will show a hint with the events assigned to that gate, as you know, we can assign several events to a gate but we can't do that with a button.

Note #2: You still can shift right and left the events panel pressing those small buttons, but due the fact the application now is a multiple document interface I decided to remove from the INI file the option where the application stored the position of the events panel.

Note #3: I'm asking the members here to provide them... You need to create 6 bitmap images of 12x22 pixels with the following people: the kid, a guard of the Rooftops, a skeleton of the Caverns, a skulls of the Ruins and a guard of the Temple levels: The person who made that for me will be credited.

I edited too many pixels in the last two weeks to create the HD tilesets and I'm a bit tired to take 6 screenshots of a DosBox screen and edit the screenshot only letting the people.

Now... what are you waiting for? Click my signature below and start assigning events!!!
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

I forgot to add an extra code at PasteEvent procedure.... so if you downloaded it I advice you to download it again... Sorry :roll:
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Three more fixes

- When opening a level, if you didn't select one the program displayed an error code. Fixed!
- When saving an edited level, even if you pressed the [diskette] icon or clicking at menu File --> Save, the program continue to ask if you want to save the level. Fixed!
- Fixed the 'EditEvent' procedure. [EDIT] button.

Note: Due the fact both applications have about 3000 lines of code each (6000 total), about 2000 if you don't count with the blank lines (4000 total) sometimes it's hard to remember and check the wrong things. :lol:
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Re: Easy Events Assigner I & II (v2.1)

Post by Butcher »

News 2010-07-17

New features:

- New Edit Events dialog at menu Events -> Edit Events similar to the RoomShaker's "Edit Door Events" dialog and works in the same way.

Note: You need to click "Apply" to apply the changes to the selected event. If you click "Cancel" nothing will be saved, if you click "Ok" it will be saved and the dialog will close together.

- Now you can save the level and play it directly or using DosBox, new menu items at menu Play and two new buttons were addded to the toolbar for those functions.

- EEA II now has the bitmaps of the Kid and currently it is using the same bitmap images of the guards of EEA... (this is merely decorative as this is not needed to assign events, of course)

- When you open a level the MDI child Window will auto-maximize to fit the screen. You can still minimize it, restore it and of course close it.

Fixed bugs:

- Fixed a bug when cutting, copying events... as it is not possible to assign the same button/action twice to the same event the assignment engine was copying/cutting the button/action and this could case errors.

- When Undoing/Copying/Cutting/Pasting/Deleting events the program was not saving the changes to the current level even if you had set "Auto-Save" check box at Setup dialog.

Note: Now as a security measure, the only options where the program doesn't auto-save the changes to the current level are "Clear All Events" and "Clear Invalid Ones Only". You still need to click the "Diskette" toolbar button or File -> Save menu item or "Saved and Directly" or "Saved and DosBox" at Play menu item.

- Fixed a bug when reading the guards location of EEA II. (another decorative)