CusPop Executable Version 2.1!

Discussions about all other tools (CusPop, SAV/HOF editors) and hex editing.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: CusPop Executable!

Post by Tristan »

AVG is fucked
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Re: CusPop Executable Version 2.0!

Post by Butcher »

After almost 7 months out of this board... (*)

I'm proud to release the Custom Pop Executable Generator v2.0!!! ;-)

News 2010-03-11

Now it works with the packed (original) executables, now you can generate any "Prince of Persia" executable like the original CusPop available here.

It reminds the previous settings now... it will write/save a file named "cuspop.cps" in the same folder where you did put the executable and everytime you execute Cuspop.exe it will try to read/load the settings of that file. It only will not write the file if the folder where you put the executable be write-protected like a folder in a CD-R.

Note: (*.cps) files are like (*.ini) files and (*.cps) files are the settings files used by CusPop.exe

New Beta Options (I never implemented them because in that time I wasn't aware of them)

New Help Text

Some changes in: Game Messages -> Potion Levels Messages, double click that "Group Box" to display/hide it and now you don't need to put the character "@" to generate a CR (ENTER), just type the text like you would do in a text editor.

...and the most wanted feature!!! Load EXE File (menu File)

Now you can load any "prince.exe" file and let the CusPop check the file for you...

First it checks the filesize of the executable to determine the version, (1.0/1.3/1,4 unpacked or packed), it asks if you are sure about the version and basing in that it checks the offsets of the executable and fill the controls (edit boxes, combo boxes, etc...) with the information about the executable.

If you try to load an executable with a different filesize than the regular ones it will say the "prince.exe" file that you tried to load is unknown and it will ask you with a dialog box for the version and it will try to read the executable.

Available on Butchered website! All you need to do is download it now!!! Or click my signature below. ;-)

If you speak or understand portuguese check my "Brazilian Portuguese Versions of POP" too (on My Mods)

I usually say while 'poirot' keep Princed.org I will keep my website like David's website too.

Note: CusPop 2.0 is under beta-testing... If I don't receive any complaints and only positive results I say unless someone discover another hex offset this project is fully finished!!!

(*) In fact I used to check the princed.org at least a time by month and I think I will release my PR-FrontEnd (the 2.0 DLL version) next week... I don't know, it will depend if I have time and this is one of the reasons I spent 7 months without releasing the "possible" final version of CusPop.

See you!!! ;-)
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Does that "Load EXE" tool let you edit it as well?
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Eagle-Head Priest 97 wrote:Does that "Load EXE" tool let you edit it as well?
Yes... Go to File -> Load EXE File and watch the magic!!! ;-)
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

For people who downloaded CusPop v2.0 I advice them to get it again.

I found a small visual "glitch" at the Help dialog. Just click at my signature below. ;-)
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

WHen I try to open it, AVG pops up with a virus alert. That's been covered though. After that, it says it can't be opened for some reason. This is what it said:
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

You on Vista? If so, try right click and run as adminstrator.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

About the AVG and the false virus alerts I say the following for the people here:

Would I waste my time uploading a program with a virus? I think the answer is "no"... well.. if you don't believe in me, get the source code (available), install Delphi or convert its code to Lazarus (Freepascal) and compile it yourself....

Well.. I never had any anti-virus installed on my computer, I mean sometimes I install the PC-Tools Anti-Virus and some Registry Clean tools only when it's needed but usually I uninstall them in the same day. I'm a very experienced computer technician... I have computers since 1993 (when I had 12 years old and now I have 28 years old, in 5 months I will do 29)

About the "Eagle-Head Priest 97" problem:

I think the problem is because the executable "CusPop.exe" was packed with UPX (Ultimate Packer for eXecutables)

If I don't pack the executable the size of the exe file is about 1.4Mb (720kb are the EXE files in the Resource Area of the Executable), when I pack it the size is reduced to about 370..380Kb

As CusPop 2.0 now works with all the 6 executables (1.0/1.3/1.4 - packed and unpacked) and considering a PRINCE.EXE file has about 120Kb of size this multiplicated by 6 equals to 720kb, this is the reason I packed the CusPOP using UPX.

I suggest the following: Get the UPX and unpack the executable with the following command line

Code: Select all

C:\popmods>upx -d CusPop.exe
And see if it works for you. Bye! ;-)
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Well, I don't know how to do any of that in what program. I wish it would work without so many issues.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Programmer, very cool... LOL

But read this too: ;-)

http://blog.avast.com/2009/08/19/win32i ... -infector/
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/virus_a ... elphi.html
http://www.symantec.com/connect/fr/blog ... falls-prey

Well.. I checked my "SysConst.pas" file at "C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Source\Rtl\Sys" and according with the "Symantec" website it doesn't have those malicious lines. And I checked the compiled unit "SysConst.dcu" at "C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Lib" too.

Anyway I discovered another small bug when loading an EXE file... I will send another version soon. This weekend.

Thanks for the "Virus Total" website... next time when I upload the CusPop.exe I will check the file there first before uploading it.

By the way.. I also remember that Winrar.exe or the command line Rar.exe give "false alerts" too, for a long time the website of WinRar (http://www.rarlabs.com/) commented about that. Just because of a sequence of "hexadecimal values".

Bye!
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

I re-uploaded it again... but the bug I mentioned wasn't fixed yet, I will fix it in this weekend.

And according with the VirusTotal:
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/2924 ... 1268949984

With exception of Gen:Trojan!IK and Suspicious.Insight reported by some virus-scanners in that website at least the "Win32/Induc" and its variants were removed.

I suspect Gen:Trojan!IK and Suspicious.Insight are like I said before, some sequence of hexadecimal values. I don't know how to clear them.

What I did was simple: I just cleared the source code and the Exe File now is about 4Kb less than the other one.

See you! ;-)
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

YIPPEE! YAHOOEY!! It works now! Thanks so much Butcher! I really needed to add time to my mod without having to redo all the customizations! :mrgreen: I really always have needed help with one thing though. Every time I save it and quit, I can't reload it when I come back, because it says :insert prince of persia disk in drive D: and press enter" or something like that. How do I get that out?
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

News 2010-03-20

The "loading exe file" bug was fixed... I just forgot to add a procedure... that is because some items (like edits, check boxes, combo boxes, spinedits, radiogroups, etc.) aren't available for all "prince.exe" versions and I just forgot to add the procedure that disabled them.

Grab it at Butchered website!!!

If you still have problems don't hesitate about sending me a PM ;-)

@Eagle-Head Priest 97

I don't think it is a problem with my CusPOP because the executable files I use are the same ones found at "Princed.org" CusPop page. And I did some file compare testings to check the integrity of the executables. (like checksum's).

Try downloading the CusPop.exe again, maybe due the fact I forgot to add that procedure above you possibly did set an item that was not available for your prince.exe version. And CusPOP wrote the byte (value) at the wrong offset.

Another thing I forgot to mention is:

If you load the EXE file don't change that "Choose File" combo box... well... if you change it the resulting file it will be the selected version, not the original one.

By the way: Did you like my avatar? It's the front cover of the album "Butchered at Birth" by Cannibal Corpse. (awesome death metal band) LOL
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Eghgfhdgh. It still has the load problem. Oh well.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

@Eagle,

Click in my profile and send to my Live account, the "prince.exe" files, before loading and after saving... I will check them. ;-)