CusPop Executable Version 2.1!

Discussions about all other tools (CusPop, SAV/HOF editors) and hex editing.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: CusPop Executable Version 2.0!

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

I don't have it for before loading, as I created this EXE a LONG time ago with the first CusPOP executable version. I'll send you the after saving though!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Eagle-Head Priest 97 wrote:I don't have it for before loading, as I created this EXE a LONG time ago with the first CusPOP executable version. I'll send you the after saving though!
Well... Eagle, I executed it... your PRINCE.EXE is an "unpacked 1.0" version and I didn't see any problems... As I don't have the levels you made I just advice you that when open a corrupted LEVELS.DAT or even any corrupted DAT the prince.exe display that error message.

I executed it using the DAT files of a regular 1.0 version.

At Initial Settings you changed:

- Starting Minutes Left = 90
- Starting Hit Points = 2
- Maximal Number of Hit Points = 15
- Minimal Level where you can save = 1
- First Level where Shift+L is denied = 1

You changed the enviroment a lot.

At "Guard Information" you changed the number of hit points of some levels and you changed some guard types.

All levels are allowed to use all the resources less the demo/potions levels.

And at the last Tab of the "Level Options" you changed the following:

- Customize the mouse you set it to wait only 1 second
- At Customize loose titles in level 12b you set the ending tile to 30.
- At Customize Jaffar death you changed the level to 14 and blinking time to 6000 miliseconds

I think I cannot help you anymore if you don't send the original one... I could compare both executables and check the offsets. You know, testing the integrity of the executable. Or if you prefer you can send the entire game. ;-)
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Eh, here's the whole game:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/31/ ... ngeons.rar

(It also has level 10 now, if anyone's reading this and wants to play the next level)
I also have a few sound issues. The exit door is just a low rumbly sound, and drinking a potion is an old DOSy sound.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Eagle, Eagle, Eagle... are you kidding with me? Are you joking? (hahahahaha) LOL :D

Well... I checked both files, the original "into dungeons" executable and the another one you sent by e-mail... And I executed your game too... I didn't play it yet... I just "shifted-L" it... only to see the levels you made.

Well... if you don't believe in me... Get this program Hashcalc and do the checksums yourself... It supports the following algorithms: MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2( 256, 384, 512), RIPEMD-160, PANAMA, TIGER, ADLER32, CRC32.

I mean. Get the original file and do the checksum, after that you can load it and save it and you will see the checksums are the same. (original and saved file)

By the way... I discovered a small bug at cheat code password because I programmed it at the "Beta Options" to input only uppercase letters and it is reading as lowercase.

There is a fixed version available.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

OH well, I'll just go on with the error. I'm too lazy to do techy stuff.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Re: CusPop Executable Version 2.1!

Post by Butcher »

News 2010-08-27

- Added toolbar buttons and icons for the menus like EEA I and II
- The old "Save file" button was replaced by a red diskette icon over the toolbar and a new menu item named "Save EXE File..." was created.

Besides that... the working remains the same...
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Where I can get latest CusPop version and how to use it? I tried CusPop online here and when I press "Get the file" it redirects me to blank page with 404 error.
Also I have Cuspop on my computer, it creates the prince.exe file, but I can't launch it from anywhere.

I'd be very thankful and glad if someone will help me. Also i need color codes for understanding which color I wanna make on each level..
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Moscow Tracer wrote:I tried CusPop online here and when I press "Get the file" it redirects me to blank page with 404 error.
See: viewtopic.php?p=9066#p9066
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Norbert wrote:
Moscow Tracer wrote:I tried CusPop online here and when I press "Get the file" it redirects me to blank page with 404 error.
See: viewtopic.php?p=9066#p9066
Norbert, thanks. Your version creates the prince.exe file, but I still don't know how to run it. I just replaced it to an old prince.exe file in PoP directory and replaced LEVELS.DAT file with my own LEVELS.DAT, but I failed. How it works? And how I can change palette colors (for example, stone walls and tiles in dungeon I wanna make orange or purple instead of original blue/greeen, which numbers I should use and where? I did it before but long ago and don't remember..).
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Moscow Tracer wrote:[...], but I failed.
What failed, do you get an error?
Moscow Tracer wrote:[...] for example, stone walls and tiles in dungeon I wanna make orange or purple [...]
Use PR to extract, for example, VDUNGEON.DAT.
If you use it on Pirates of Persia, you'll see, for example, that vdungeon/background/bricks01.bmp contains an image of cups on shelves.
(PR can also be used to put everything back together again.)
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Norbert wrote:
Moscow Tracer wrote:[...], but I failed.
What failed, do you get an error?
Moscow Tracer wrote:[...] for example, stone walls and tiles in dungeon I wanna make orange or purple [...]
Use PR to extract, for example, VDUNGEON.DAT.
If you use it on Pirates of Persia, you'll see, for example, that vdungeon/background/bricks01.bmp contains an image of cups on shelves.
(PR can also be used to put everything back together again.)
Sorry, it's too difficult to me(( I'm not so good at computers..

<What failed, do you get an error?

DOSBox makes black screen where is written somothing about Mount disc C: bla-bla-bla.. and instantly closed.

I found PR, but I didn't understand anything. No manuals and no ideas what to do..

Thank u for patience) My MOD is almost ready, it's awesome, but I want slightly change graphics, change starting time and HP.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Moscow Tracer wrote:I found PR, but I didn't understand anything. No manuals and no ideas what to do..
As far as I know, the only person who wrote web-readable documentation for PR is mk1995:
viewtopic.php?p=5016#p5016 (current version is no longer 0.6)
The same text has been copy-pasted to: http://www.princed.org/tutorials/

However, inside the PR package is also documentation.
Look, for instance, for "palettes" under the Usage section in doc/readme.txt
Oktya09
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Oktya09 »

Well, I don't know how to do any of that in what program. I wish it would work without so many issues.