CusPOP

Discussions about all other tools (CusPop, SAV/HOF editors) and hex editing.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

CusPOP

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Back at popuw.com/forum, a guy named Butcher (who ended up getting banned for a reason I do not remember...) made a program version of CusPOP. Basically, it's CusPOP only not online, but in a program. I don't know if anybody would like it, but i have it on my computer, so if anyone finds it useful, just tell me, and I'll upload it. It's what I use to edit PRINCE.exe, because after popuw.com went down, that's all I thought existed to edit PRINCE.exe (I didn't know this website had it at the time). As far as I know, it can do everything that CusPOP on popuw.com could do. You might not even want it because Butcher made it (I think he threatened to shut us down). :| :?
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: CusPOP

Yeah, don't ask me to do it, becuase I have no knowledge whatsoever of source coding and stuff. :|
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Remember that CusPOP and CusASM are free software and the source is published in the page. All the hacks are made available by an XML released under the gpl too.

If anybody tries to create an application with that the best way to do it is making an kind of XML interpreter to keep the program flexible to new hacks. I've made it web because PHP is a very fast language for coders (it took me only a day to finish the first version of CusPOP) and I'm very comfortable with it (and of course, to avoid installation for users). I believe the best way to do a fast applicative port is using php+gtk (I never used and I hope I'll never have to use it).

Anyways, why would you like an applicative version of it? I'm not planning to close princed.org site, don't worry about that, anyways if you have downloaded the source you can still use it offline with your own apache.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

poirot wrote:Remember that CusPOP and CusASM are free software and the source is published in the page. All the hacks are made available by an XML released under the gpl too.

If anybody tries to create an application with that the best way to do it is making an kind of XML interpreter to keep the program flexible to new hacks. I've made it web because PHP is a very fast language for coders (it took me only a day to finish the first version of CusPOP) and I'm very comfortable with it (and of course, to avoid installation for users). I believe the best way to do a fast applicative port is using php+gtk (I never used and I hope I'll never have to use it).

Anyways, why would you like an applicative version of it? I'm not planning to close princed.org site, don't worry about that, anyways if you have downloaded the source you can still use it offline with your own apache.

Oh, I didn't know you could use it offline. I have no knowledge of the source stuff though...
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Eagle-Head Priest 97 wrote:Back at popuw.com/forum, a guy named Butcher (who ended up getting banned for a reason I do not remember...) made a program version of CusPOP. Basically, it's CusPOP only not online, but in a program. I don't know if anybody would like it, but i have it on my computer, so if anyone finds it useful, just tell me, and I'll upload it. It's what I use to edit PRINCE.exe, because after popuw.com went down, that's all I thought existed to edit PRINCE.exe (I didn't know this website had it at the time). As far as I know, it can do everything that CusPOP on popuw.com could do. You might not even want it because Butcher made it (I think he threatened to shut us down). :| :?
There would be no use in uploading that darn old version...

And since you don't know the reason why Butcher was banned, here's why.

Incredibly short answer: Butcher prefered green over violet.
Short answer: Butcher was banned for spamming the forums with threats.
Long answer: Butcher wanted to become a moderator, but because this wish was denied, he threatened to nuke the forum, so he was banned.
Length-worthy-of-being-a-book answer:

A long, long time ago, there was a fan community. They worshipped the great Jordan Mechner. One day, a young Spanish man joined in to worship Mechner, as well. His name was Gustavo Pamplona, but everyone called him "Butcher". This is, because his username was "Butcher". Gustavo made himself popular by writing programs and other neat stuff that would be beneficial to all kinds of people from the religion of Princeofpersiasm. Due to his deeds, he has been given the title "Developer" by the great Pastor, Jalal Noureddine. But it came that he created a modification of the original Prince of Persia himself. Its name was "Arabian Nightmares". This was a name of foreign language and in English it meant "Incarnation of Jaffar" (in case you don't know, Jaffar is the "Satan" of the Princeofpersiasm). Despite given the time of ten hours to complete the game, few (perhaps even none) were able to help the Prince getting past the first level. No one enjoyed this modification, except for the total hardcore gamers (who surely didn't get past the first level, either). But that's not the problem of the story. It came that Gustavo was no more statisfied with his rank, so he demanded to be made into a "Moderator". This was denied, and he started to threat with the following words: "When my hunger for more power is not statisfied, I shall plunge the forum into eternal doom - to be ruled by the great Jaffar!". Gustavo Pamplona has officially gone mad, so there was only one way out: The great Pastor and "Administrator" Jalal had to banish Gustavo from the religion of Princeofpersiasm forever. Luckily, Gustavo's threats were empty and the community was not thrown into the grasp of Jaffar. We lived happily (except with many issues of a cult member called nooblord)... Until Jaffar destroyed the great pillar that kept the forum from downing - the hoster!
But, luckily, many former cult members arrived at this board and re-founded the religion of Princeofpersiasm. Many more shall find to here, as well.

Gosh... Now that was a story! I think I should write fanfictions... And in case you wonder: Don't worry, it didn't exactly happen like that. I just wanted to stretch out the lines. :P
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Now that's the kind of answer I've been looking for :lol:
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

Haha Maurice that is a story! Jalal was always very careful about making people moderators, and completely declined any kind of requests at all. I never asked him, instead he asked me. I was never looking for a job as a moderator, but when proposed I accepted. Shame Butcher took Jalal's PM reply the wrong way... :?
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
OrSpeeder
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by OrSpeeder »

Note: He created a thread saying that he want to be moderator.

Here...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

NOOOOO!! :shock: :evil:
OrSpeeder
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by OrSpeeder »

Or we need the old version, or my dosbox is borked :(

All downloads from new CusPOP result in a 52kb file that crashes dosbox (any version of PoP)
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

Last edited by Tristan on November 21st, 2009, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

programmer wrote:Learn English or get away.
guy i am 9 years old
and dutch english i not easy then okay did you know now why my english is not verry good ?