CusPop Cutscene where there shouldn't be one

Discussions about all other tools (CusPop, SAV/HOF editors) and hex editing.
elmaton
Sheikh
Sheikh

CusPop Cutscene where there shouldn't be one

Post by elmaton »

Hello I've just editet the cutscenes with CusPop, meaning i just changed the existing ones to another which worked fine.
But when i test play my game there is suddenly a cutscene after level 1 where ther shouldn't be a cutscene at all by default.
And this cutscene is a weird one to, because vizier is standing on the pillows facing left.
cutscene after level1.jpg
I went back to CusPop and checked, after level 1 it says "none" and i also checked my editet graphics if theres any mistake.
None at all, the damn cutscene ruining my whole work on this mod. Can anyone please help me.
Thank you.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: CusPop Cutscene where there shouldn't be one

Post by David »

I tried your new mod, but it does not have any cutscene between level 1 and 2.
Did you fix it somehow?
I see that the byte at offset 0x6153 is changed from 0x74 to 0xEB, this disables cutscenes altogether.
elmaton wrote: August 13th, 2023, 11:04 am But when i test play my game there is suddenly a cutscene after level 1 where ther shouldn't be a cutscene at all by default.
[...]
I went back to CusPop and checked, after level 1 it says "none" and i also checked my editet graphics if theres any mistake.
The selection for level 1 specifies the cutscene before level 1.
Similarly for the other levels.
So the cutscene after level 1 is specified for level 2.

Additionally, CusPop has a warning under Cutscenes: "don't change a value from/to none".
If I set level 2 to "none", then the game just hangs after level 1.
elmaton wrote: August 13th, 2023, 11:04 am And this cutscene is a weird one to, because vizier is standing on the pillows facing left.
To reproduce what's on your screenshot, I need to select "Princess sleeping" for Level 2.

I think this happens because the same sprite bank holds different images depending on the level number.
Namely, the sprite bank which has the sleeping/lying princess from level 3 onward, instead has Jaffar before level 3.
https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/blob/ma ... g003.c#L78
https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/blob/ma ... #L673-L674
This may be a holdover from the Apple II original, where levels 0-2 were on the first side of the disk, and levels 3-15 were on the second side.
elmaton
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: CusPop Cutscene where there shouldn't be one

Post by elmaton »

Thank you for the reply.
I fixed my problem indeed by deactivating all cut scenes.
Since i used the princess sprite for my beginning cutscene, the only image that would be available is princess sleeping, so i decided to deactivate all the cutscenes.
So before i deactivatet all scenes i changed everyone of them to princess sleeping since it was the only image available for me.
And then the problem with the jaffar cutscene occured.
Since i couldn't deactivate one cutscene alone I had to deactivate them all