Jaffar's Revenge

CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Re: Jaffar's Revenge

Post by CrazyDiamond »

Ok, let's start from the level 3 room 5, which has caused a couple of problems for those spikes. ;)
To be honest, at the time I created that room, I tried many times to solve it hoping that it was possible (I didn't want to edit it) and came up by discovering a couple of tricks, I'll call them trick 1 and trick 2.

trick1: this first trick is easy to perform and will let you spare important fragments of second
trick2: I discovered it casually and took me a while to improve it, it is not easy to perform 100% of the times at first. This trick anyway is not necessary, trick 1 is enough to pass the gate, but if you want to be more sure and fast you should use it.

I'll attach now trick2, the video shows the movements of the prince but not the controls I'm giving to the prince, I think you prefer to work on it by yourself to discover how to do it. Also now you know there is trick1 too, if you want you can try to find it out. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41v2ryN ... e=youtu.be

(@ Khushal64n6: when you find out how to perform the trick would you please record it again and add it in in your list of tricks? i'll delete this video from my youtube account since i use it only for music)
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

by watching video solutions, that you've made editing in levels 1
I havent edit level 1 ;)

Level 3 i have edit room 5, that lose tile falling on spikes. 4:22 Skeleton removed a little bit on right side (later i found, that possible to pass without editing :lol: ) and 5:21 changed room number for skeleton special event (for the return way)
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

yaqxsw wrote:Level 3 i have edit room 5, that lose tile falling on spikes. 4:22 Skeleton removed a little bit on right side (later i found, that possible to pass without editing :lol: ) and 5:21 changed room number for skeleton special event (for the return way)
Ok, i had noticed these 3 indeed, but took me a while to find them since I had forgotten many details of the level, and had to re-study carefully the map.

About level 1: maybe someone else had edited level 1 before you played it, the event on the left room from the "main guard" room closes two doors in my version, just one door in the version which has been posted some months ago in this topic.
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

yaqxsw wrote:(later i found, that possible to pass without editing :lol:)
Interesting! Probably you discovered a trick i don't know
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

On first go down and let lose tile falling on raise 14 and go back up. run on right side and climb up (gate open). Not need fight with skeleton ;)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

CrazyDiamond wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41v2ryN ... e=youtu.be

(@ Khushal64n6: when you find out how to perform the trick would you please record it again and add it in in your list of tricks? i'll delete this video from my youtube account since i use it only for music)
What you probably do there is 'up', then immediately press 'left'.
Same keys as used for trick 68:

An easier solution would be using trick 26:

You could make your video an unlisted video.
It won't be listed on your channel, but people who know the URL can watch it.
Video Manager -> Edit -> Info and Settings -> Privacy settings -> Unlisted
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

yaqxsw wrote:
On first go down and let lose tile falling on raise 14 and go back up. run on right side and climb up (gate open). Not need fight with skeleton ;)
Are you referring to the room which is n.3 in my file and n.1 in yours? If so to let the loose tile fall you're using a bug which I had not taken into consideration. :P
Which number is it in your list of pop tricks?

Norbert wrote:
CrazyDiamond wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41v2ryN ... e=youtu.be

What you probably do there is 'up', then immediately press 'left'.
Same keys as used for trick 68
Exactly Norbert, that's the right moves I'm doing, the only difference is that in my room it is used to spare time, in trick 68 to pass through gates and walls (trick 26 instead will be no good to pass the door, since you'd lose to much time)

Norbert wrote: You could make your video an unlisted video.
It won't be listed on your channel, but people who know the URL can watch it.
Video Manager -> Edit -> Info and Settings -> Privacy settings -> Unlisted
Thank you I didn't know, I have never taken much time to see youtube options.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

CrazyDiamond wrote:(trick 26 instead will be no good to pass the door, since you'd lose to much time)
Ah, right. :)
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

8, 13, 14, 15, 16 (norbert postet earlier :lol: ) 17, 24, 41, 43, 45, 52, 56, 58, 62 (i have alternate), 64, 67, 69, 70 ;)
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

yaqxsw wrote:
8, 13, 14, 15, 16 (norbert postet earlier :lol: ) 17, 24, 41, 43, 45, 52, 56, 58, 62 (i have alternate), 64, 67, 69, 70 ;)
Thank you! Anyway the trick you are using to let the loose tile fall in raise 14 room is trick number 1 I suppose (as in original pop level 4) ? I've tried it now and it works for me.
I had not thought about it, all these bugs make things harder for modders, gotta be very careful to prevent them. The original solution for the level was based on a different idea and I'd like to maintain it, since there is a reason for it in what is happening in the level itself (I'll explain it better when you'll know which is the intended solution).

Do you think that if I moved the loose tile one space away from the gate you could perform another trick to let it fall anyway, something like passing through walls?
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Anyway the trick you are using to let the loose tile fall in raise 14 room is trick number 1
yes ;)
Do you think that if I moved the loose tile one space away from the gate you could perform another trick to let it fall anyway, something like passing through walls?
hmm... not. Through wall possible on left side
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

yaqxsw wrote:
CrazyDiamond wrote:Anyway the trick you are using to let the loose tile fall in raise 14 room is trick number 1
yes ;)
If I'm not mistaken, there is some miscommunication here.

CrazyDiamond, this forum has a board with "Walkthrough Videos", here.
It includes yaqxsw's playthroughs of your levels, here.
Maybe you're unaware of those videos?
When you wrote "raise 14 room", I think you mean raise button 10 in room 14, correct?
As you can see in yaqxsw's video here, he uses trick 48 to pass the second gate.
See also this and this.

If none of this is what you've been talking about, please let me know what you two are discussing... :)
CrazyDiamond wrote:I had not thought about it, all these bugs make things harder for modders, gotta be very careful to prevent them.
True. As a side note, I think it would be best to not alter older mods. New tricks and such will continue to be discovered over time. It's okay if there are shortcuts in old mods because certain tricks were not yet known. Those 'bugs' in mods are just the sign of the times. It has a certain charm, there's no need for everything to be fixed retrospectively. That's just my opinion, of course.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

We talking about room 5:26 (right side - gate - is a raise 14) use trick 1 and lose tile falling on raise. Later go up and go to 4:16 (gate open). go up and not need fight with skeleton 4:17
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

Norbert wrote: CrazyDiamond, this forum has a board with "Walkthrough Videos", here.
It includes yaqxsw's playthroughs of your levels, here.
Maybe you're unaware of those videos?
Yes I know the videos, but I didn't know if that post was only for the videos or comments too, if you want I can move the conversation there.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Okay, I get it now. :)
Room 1. The discussion was a bit hard to follow for me, for a moment. ;)