Jaffar's Revenge

CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Jaffar's Revenge

Post by CrazyDiamond »

These are the first three levels of Jaffar's Revenge, my POP mod... here you can download Jaffar's Revenge.rar :P
At this time I've created only these three levels, but I've paid attention to the details and they are very well planned! They are thought for POP hardcore fans, who like to play extreme Prince levels (in fact the mod is called Jaffar's Revenge :mrgreen: )...They require a lot of reasoning and patience, so if you should have problems don't hesitate to ask me!! Every level could seem impossible to be finished, but there is a solution for every one (and it is single) but it is not obvious! Level 2 could have another different solution if in Room18 Tile9 there was a "loose floor" and not the "Spikes": this is a challenge for people who complete that level!

Even if the mod is not complete I decided to post these first levels because they should take at least 30 minutes of game, which is enough playing!
When I'll have time I should create the other levels, and try to modify the main screen of Prince.exe...

...and now a pair of screenshots!!! :

Level 1: Give Me A Sword And I'll Escape The Prisons
Will our Hero be able to take the sword, kill all the guards and exit these dangerous prisons?

Level 2: If Only I Could Come Back...
A fight among the pillars! The Dark Blue Guard seems to be very skilful and he takes benefits by hiding behind the columns...

Level 3: The Power To Believe (In The Resurrection)
What? Who is that one?
This is not the only strange effect of this level....Who'll play will know! :twisted:

Hope You'll Enjoy!! :D
Last edited by CrazyDiamond on May 3rd, 2006, 6:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

P.S. These levels have been tested only with POP 1.0, so don't try them with other versions.

A question for who can modify prince.exe file: is it possible to change the number of lives of prince in level 0? He starts with 4 but I'd like him to start with 3...
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

cool
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

I compressed the files...now you can play without needing to download the original game!
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Re: Jaffar's Revenge

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Please Help Prince of Persia 1 - Jaffar's Revenge (Crazy Diamond, 2006) - Level 03 On Room 5 on first you can pass the gate, but on second way is impossible Please Help :(
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Norbert answer:
but basically, you first have open the second gate by going down first, instead of left through that first gate
lower left, past the skeleton guard, then go down, back up on the left side, there is a raise button there with a loose tile above it; you can use that to get the second gate open
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Room 5 second way
lower left, past the skeleton guard, then go down, back up on the left side, there is a raise button there with a loose tile above it; you can use that to get the second gate open
Probably you talk about room 14 with raise №10. But this dont open second gate...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

yaqxsw wrote:Probably you talk about room 14 with raise №10. But this dont open second gate...
You're going in the right direction.
After the gate you marked, if you go up, somewhere there is the raise button for the second gate.
If you open the level in apoplexy and look for the location of the second gate that Khushal64n6 cannot pass (which is when you go left from the starting location somewhere), you will find the event that opens that gate.
Then you can look up the raise button with that event in the level, and you'll see it's somewhere past the gate you marked in the image; one room further up.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

You're going in the right direction.
After the gate you marked, if you go up, somewhere there is the raise button for the second gate.
If you open the level in apoplexy and look for the location of the second gate that Khushal64n6 cannot pass (which is when you go left from the starting location somewhere), you will find the event that opens that gate.
Then you can look up the raise button with that event in the level, and you'll see it's somewhere past the gate you marked in the image; one room further up.
Hmm.. i dont see this.

can you precisely to tell how to pass room 5 on second way, with numbers of rooms? My english not so well :cry:

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Maybe the level is impossible to finish after all.
ImageShack never allows me to zoom in to images.
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

CrazyDiamond wrote:These are the first three levels of Jaffar's Revenge, my POP mod... here you can download Jaffar's Revenge.rar :P
At this time I've created only these three levels, but I've paid attention to the details and they are very well planned! They are thought for POP hardcore fans, who like to play extreme Prince levels (in fact the mod is called Jaffar's Revenge :mrgreen: )...They require a lot of reasoning and patience, so if you should have problems don't hesitate to ask me!! Every level could seem impossible to be finished, but there is a solution for every one (and it is single) but it is not obvious! Level 2 could have another different solution if in Room18 Tile9 there was a "loose floor" and not the "Spikes": this is a challenge for people who complete that level!

Even if the mod is not complete I decided to post these first levels because they should take at least 30 minutes of game, which is enough playing!
When I'll have time I should create the other levels, and try to modify the main screen of Prince.exe...

...and now a pair of screenshots!!! :

Level 1: Give Me A Sword And I'll Escape The Prisons
Will our Hero be able to take the sword, kill all the guards and exit these dangerous prisons?

Level 2: If Only I Could Come Back...
A fight among the pillars! The Dark Blue Guard seems to be very skilful and he takes benefits by hiding behind the columns...

Level 3: The Power To Believe (In The Resurrection)
What? Who is that one?
This is not the only strange effect of this level....Who'll play will know! :twisted:

Hope You'll Enjoy!! :D

CrazyDiamond Did you know that there is a bug on level 3 its impossible i have tried every way but i can't get far anymore in room 5 bottom of the Raise 5 Button on the first attempt the loose tile falls and on the second attempt past the skeleton Gate Raise 5 on room 5 we are stuck the problem is spikes you don't have put put those spikes :twisted: which yaqxsw has Discuss Here with Screenshot Believe me its impossible please first Check out level 3 Learn it improve Those Bugs :twisted: reload And ask norbert for help he will definitely maybe Help you :!: please i want to complete this level set ;)
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Some mistake on level 3 are fixed, i had testet and this is passable :)
I upload walkthrought later ;)
Attachments
LEVELS.DAT
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

yaqxsw Level 3 on room 5 only 1 sec time passes and the gate closes 1 sec how could you beat that :twisted:
:idea: please make walkthrogh yaqxsw fast i am exited :mrgreen:
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

DONE!! :)

Vote like!
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

Hello everyone!
You know, I've been away from the prince community for years, my last contributions were in late 2006, then Jalal's site crashed and also I had no more time to work on prince levels.

Yesterday I searched on the web to see if the community was still active, also I found the video solutions of my levels by yaqxsw (many months ago I had found the video by Khushal64n6 too and commented it with my youtube account).

First of all I'd like to thank anyone for playing these levels, at that time they were really hard and few players had time/will to accept the challenge of mastering them, also I had published video solutions for all of the three levels, so many people, by knowing the solution, were less intrigued in solving them. Now I've seen this discussion here, not knowing soon the correct way to solve them brought you to try and try and think about it, so thank you, also those who have posted solutions (even if they are not 100% as intended by me, I've seen some changes in the levels.dat) have my congratulations and my respect to be so perseverance.

Now some few lines about past events: after I published the first three levels starwindz put them in his total pack, but few months later I had added a new level (level 7), as you can see on the old Jalal's forum:

http://www.popot.org/popuw_forum_archive/148e.html

In that forum, through a public folder, I had posted levels.dat, screenshots and video solutions. Unfortunately later that public folder was closed and I lost video solutions and the original screenshots, but of course I had been careful enough to store the original levels.dat with level 7 (and some minor changes here and there) and I still have it saved in more than one pc, and already contacted starwindz so that it will be included in total pack 3 (anyway don't worry, level 7 is not too hard, just a couple of minutes long, but fun anyway. ;) )

Now about the levels: I've seen, by watching video solutions, that you've made editing in levels 1 and 3 (thinking them to be impossible), allowing different solutions from the one intended by me. Level 1 anyway is close to the original, but I'll talk about level 1 another time. Now I want to concentrate more on level 3... I'll write a post about it soon, just wait. :D
Anyway it is not impossible as it may seem ;)