Prince of Persia Potion Puzzles - new levels

_Zaphod_
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by _Zaphod_ »

PS: I have a speed run for level 2. this one is very hard to believe it works, but it does. in the room you get the potion, do a standing jump left across the gap without falling. you must land on the platform WITHOUT grabbing the edge. immediately turn around, and jump the other way. you will BARELY miss the right platform. after you fall past it, press and hold shift. you will loose one life unit, slip, and grab the edge right above the spikes. :) climb up and go right. if you press shift too soon you will grab on the top platform which you don't want. this trick is useful in other levels for shortcuts. :)
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

_Zaphod_ wrote:If you run in and out of a room repeatedly, and a guard is stuck behind a gate on your level, it will advance a little bit. This is the key to getting the potion quickly.
wow!! i did it :o it advances only if you get so near to the gate that for an istant you are not to the right of it but to the left...so the guard can walk to you!!
very good idea by tacosalad!!
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

Anonymous wrote:5) FIFTH drop to a nonstandard location, lose 1 life.
:?: lose no life! you arrive to the exit door with 7 lives (only 3 lost)..
however i've understood what to do...and did it too :D
happy day!!
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

_Zaphod_ wrote:PS: I have a speed run for level 2. this one is very hard to believe it works, but it does. in the room you get the potion, do a standing jump left across the gap without falling. you must land on the platform WITHOUT grabbing the edge. immediately turn around, and jump the other way. you will BARELY miss the right platform. after you fall past it, press and hold shift. you will loose one life unit, slip, and grab the edge right above the spikes. :) climb up and go right. if you press shift too soon you will grab on the top platform which you don't want. this trick is useful in other levels for shortcuts. :)
yes it can be made :mrgreen:
in which other levels did you use this trick?
_Zaphod_
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by _Zaphod_ »

I did finally find out the intended solution to level 12. feel stupid for not guesing it earlier. but still no idea how to getup there without dislodgign the bricks. must be some crazy glitch.

Post by Guest »

_Zaphod_ wrote:I did finally find out the intended solution to level 12. feel stupid for not guesing it earlier. but still no idea how to getup there without dislodgign the bricks. must be some crazy glitch.
it's a bug in the game..you have to go on a pair of tiles in which you usually don't go when you go up & up..then if you do "another thing" something strange will happen :wink:
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

CrazyDiamond wrote:
_Zaphod_ wrote:I did finally find out the intended solution to level 12. feel stupid for not guesing it earlier. but still no idea how to getup there without dislodgign the bricks. must be some crazy glitch.
it's a bug in the game..you have to go on a pair of tiles in which you usually don't go when you go up & up..then if you do "another thing" something strange will happen :wink:
it was me! :mrgreen:
_Zaphod_
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by _Zaphod_ »

Anyway i've solved the ultimate potion puzzle. how to beat potion puzzles wth only one potion. (laugh) Merging with shadow gives you one life unit (it's from the potion he drank in level 5) so that gives you 4 units. one potion gives you five, which is enough to survive level 13 (he needs to fix that leve lup a bit. :) )

RUor has it that it's in fact beatable with 4 life unts but I CANNOT reproduce this on v1.3 it may only work in 1.0. still that's on ehell of a feat.
the "Required" number of potions for finishing as intended is five, not six, as shadow counts as a life extender.
matthewl222
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by matthewl222 »

level 7 is very easy... just try go to the edge and see which spike comes up, the one which doesn't come out is the false alarm, jump onto it, you wouldn't die, and then problem solved ...

the second edge is easier, the prince just needed to walk with "shift" to the edge, and try to "jump up" the loosen block 3 times, they will fall and the prince will still be on the edge.

That's it ! :P I wanna know the solultion for level 3 or 4 though...3 i can't escape without trick, 4 i don't know how to get it :|
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

matthewl222 wrote:the second edge is easier, the prince just needed to walk with "shift" to the edge, and try to "jump up" the loosen block 3 times, they will fall and the prince will still be on the edge.
or you can go to the left, pushing "down" holding shift and then up again: you'll be in the good position ;)
matthewl222 wrote:That's it ! :P I wanna know the solultion for level 3 or 4 though...3 i can't escape without trick, 4 i don't know how to get it :|
there are two solutions of level four: about the short one if you read a pair of posts up you'll find some infos.. the second solution is a bit harder but very longer!! you'd have to go in the same rooms for 3 times!!!
Phalanx
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Re:

Post by Phalanx »

Brilliant mod, I registered just to post here!

I went through the first three levels without too much trouble, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Then I got stuck on level 4 for at least an hour. And finally found the solution here on the forum. Aaaargh! I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of it... the same trick was even possible for a speed run of the original level 4!
_Zaphod_ wrote:PS: I have a speed run for level 2. this one is very hard to believe it works, but it does. in the room you get the potion, do a standing jump left across the gap without falling. you must land on the platform WITHOUT grabbing the edge. immediately turn around, and jump the other way. you will BARELY miss the right platform. after you fall past it, press and hold shift. you will loose one life unit, slip, and grab the edge right above the spikes. :) climb up and go right. if you press shift too soon you will grab on the top platform which you don't want. this trick is useful in other levels for shortcuts. :)
Alternately, you can start on the platform with the life potion. Then climb down from there, hold shift and just keep dangling. After about 5-10 seconds, prince will automatically let go. Just keep holding shift, and you will grab hold just above the spikes, in the same spot as with your solution. But without losing a life :p

My brain is fried after the first 4 levels now. I'll have a go at the rest later.

And yes, I'm well aware that it's over 3 years since the last post in this thread. But I just had to say thanks for this awesome mod :D
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Prince of Persia Potion Puzzles - new levels

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

I couldn't figure out level 4, but level 5 was easier than I thought it would be

SPOILER: Shadow didn't get his way thes time :twisted:
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MoonlightShadow »

The Final Level is very funny! I drank the level up potion and met the princess. And I'm a true noob ;)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

tacosalad wrote:On the other hand, level 9 really does have two different solutions.
There seem to be two ways to open the gate towards the LP (blue potion, button next to it).
But how to prevent it from closing?
The only thing I can think of is making the loose tile above it fall on the drop tile before opening the gate.
But that particular loose tile is stuck and nothing above it can fall onto it.

[Edit: Never mind, I understand how to do it now.]
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MoonlightShadow »

This is really difficult. I've tried level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14 and could only drink the potion and complete it in level 2, 3, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14. In level 5 and 13 I couldn't drink the potion without cheating (a slow falls cheat, you guys have some trick to prevent that goddamn shadow from drinking it?) to get to the potion floor (and to Jaffar also in level 13, couldn't find the safest place to drop without losing all lives). In level 1 I don't know how to get out of the room after drinking the potion (the gate is closed).

You guys are so AWESOME!