Prince of Persia Potion Puzzles - new levels

Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Re: Prince of Persia Potion Puzzles - new levels

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Prince of Persia 1 - Potion Puzzles (Tacosalad, 2005) - Level 10

Last edited by Khushal64n6 on January 7th, 2013, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Prince of Persia 1 - Potion Puzzles (Tacosalad, 2005) - Level 11

Last edited by Khushal64n6 on January 7th, 2013, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Prince of Persia 1 - Potion Puzzles (Tacosalad, 2005) - Level 12a

Last edited by Khushal64n6 on January 7th, 2013, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Prince of Persia 1 - Potion Puzzles (Tacosalad, 2005) - Level 12b

Last edited by Khushal64n6 on January 7th, 2013, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Prince of Persia 1 - Potion Puzzles (Tacosalad, 2005) - Level 13

Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Thanks Tacosalad Awesome Mod :)
Last edited by Khushal64n6 on January 7th, 2013, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tacosalad
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by tacosalad »

Khushal64n6 wrote:Prince of Persia 1 - Potion Puzzles (Tacosalad, 2005) - Level 01
Here's another solution for level 1, taking advantage of the rooms above.

There's a third method that saves even more time by carefully dropping the prince into the LP room from above. (This is only a partial play-through, showing the critical stunts.)

tacosalad
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re:

Post by tacosalad »

CrazyDiamond wrote: level 8 and found it easy cos it's an old trick...the solution is obvious enough for the players who play often... reading your comments I hoped there was something very particular using someway the mouse :P
Most users get past the guard by sneaking up on him as shown in Khushal's play-through, but that's actually a design/testing blunder on my part--I hadn't intended for that to be possible, but I totally forgot to design level 8 to prevent it.

CrazyDiamond didn't need to be disappointed...here's my planned solution "something very particular using someway the mouse" as he suggested...

tacosalad
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by tacosalad »

tacosalad wrote:I just remembered my original solution to Level 12's Potion Puzzle. Everyone (including me) has been using the integer-overflow trick that causes the prince to pop magically up to the top level.

Level 12 was actually the first Potion Puzzle I developed, which is why it's the crudest level of the bunch. My original solution requires a huge leap of logic, but I made it solvable using the integer-overflow trick as an alternate solution. At the time I thought it was such an obscure trick that nobody would notice it, but naturally all experienced players know that trick. Consequently, I'm not sure if anyone has actually found the original solution.
Here's my original (forgotten) solution for Level 12...

Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Norbert Answer: At 2012-08-29 ;)
Yesterday, I've played (and finished) this mod. I like this mod. If you know most or all the PoP1 tricks, you should be able to get all LPs.
SPOILERS:
Level 1: Remove the loose tile above the gate at the starting room.
Level 2: Simply jump at the right moment, then keep hanging on the ledge to get down fast. (Broken room link at the end.)
Level 3: First fight the skeleton to the left to pick up the LP, then fight him to the right to get away.
Level 4: Hit the guard onto the loose tile, then use the trick that'll move the guard forward towards the raise button. Drink the blue potion.
Level 5: Use the guard to go backwards through the gate. Later, where you want to remove the loose tile, go down/up. (Broken room links.) To get the LP, either jump onto the row where the guard is from the right and later use the trick to trigger the raise button through the gate, OR go up/around to make a loose tile fall onto the stuck loose tile in front of the gate next to the green potion to make the shadow fall down.
Level 6: Both the shadow and blue potion open the gate towards the LP.
Level 7: The third spike from the right doesn't work. Later, remove a tile from the ceiling to cover the spikes.
Level 8: Make the guard turn around from the row below him. Near the level exit, hit the guard off the right side.
Level 9: Lure the guard to the right and near the LP switch places, then kill him in a way that his body falls onto the drop button.
Level 10: Go all the way around (bottom, left, up, right, down), OR go to the right, hit the loose tile on the ceiling, and then go left.
Level 11: Very easy LP, very easy level.
Level 12a: It's easy if you know how the overflow trick works. See http://www.popot.org/documentation.php?doc=OverflowBug
Level 12b: You need enough LPs for the painful falls. Getting the LP is easy.
Level 13: Getting the LP is easy, then just fall down in that room. :D
:P