Working on new mod "Hezaro-se"

Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Working on new mod "Hezaro-se"

Post by Coco »

So, ugh... yeah. Don't judge a book by it's cover, but judge a forum thread by its name. Aside from the obvious, here's a little details:

1) I just started it, only completed level 1 so far, level 2, almost done.
2) Level design done by RoomShaker, and I'll give them some soft, gentle and sensual touch with apoplexy.
3) (and the most important thing) If there is anyone who is familiar with complex editing of this game, who wants to make a collaborate mod out of this
with me, I'm all ears. //I don't mean graphic editing//
4) I grew bored so I've made a wallpaper for the mod :P
Attachments
hez.jpg
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Working on new mod "Hezaro-se"

Post by David »

Coco wrote:4) I grew bored so I've made a wallpaper for the mod :P
:)

Btw, this is written on it:
هزار و سه
Google Translate says it means "Thousand and three" in Persian.
Is this a reference to One Thousand and One Nights?
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

Yeah. Since this is my 3rd mod, 1003 seems nice. And I love the sound of certain words from farsi. By the way, I'm courious how did you copy text to google translate :) ?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Coco wrote:By the way, I'm courious how did you copy text to google translate :) ?
Two things helped:
1. Character map. I frequently use it whenever I need any character not on my keyboard.
2. After the first letters I figured out that it's the name of your mod, this helped me about which letters I need.

Great, now we're talking more about the name than the mod itself. :)
At least now everyone knows what it means.
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

More about the mod? There's not much to tell. Im making a shorter mod. All levels modified, but with quick paced gameplay. Two or three tricks per level, nothing too hard. I wanted to make some significant changes in it, like editing shadow, and uhm... level based events(?). But this is too complicated for me, Im barely managing constant switching between RS and apoplexy. Apoplexy is really cool editor, but i can't work without level layout overview, and I am also using old RS version, since it has bug with tiles. When I think of a room I must lay it out as soon as possible :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Coco wrote: April 28th, 2017, 1:47 am 4) I grew bored so I've made a wallpaper for the mod :P
(Isn't 500×200 a bit small for a wallpaper?)

Every time I see this picture, I imagine the prince saying "Come on, Abdul!". :)
(Now, why did I choose that name for the camel?...)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: April 30th, 2018, 11:35 am(Now, why did I choose that name for the camel?...)
Probably rhetorical, but camels (and dromedaries; Arabian camels) may make you think of deserts, some of which are in Arabia (e.g. Arabian Desert; 4th largest), and Abdul is a common (part of a; e.g. Abdullah) male given name in the Arabic language. By the way, not that long ago, an actual camel named Abdul who was on a BBC show, made the news a bit (example).