New member here, working on some levels.

cipriano200
Efendi
Efendi

New member here, working on some levels.

Post by cipriano200 »

Played some custom levels from popot, thought i give it a try.
Just completed the first level.
Trying to adapt from the original levels.
Let me know if you like it or not
Attachments
LEVELS.DAT
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: New member here, working on some levels.

Post by Norbert »

cipriano200 wrote:Let me know if you like it or not
It's a level for players who prefer/require a difficulty similar to the original game.
For most forum visitors, including me, this level is too easy.
For me personally, the level has nothing that stands out in a way that makes me want to play more.
At the same time, I've seen plenty of levels that are (way) worse.
cipriano200
Efendi
Efendi

Post by cipriano200 »

Norbert wrote:
cipriano200 wrote:Let me know if you like it or not
It's a level for players who prefer/require a difficulty similar to the original game.
For most forum visitors, including me, this level is too easy.
For me personally, the level has nothing that stands out in a way that makes me want to play more.
At the same time, I've seen plenty of levels that are (way) worse.
I appreciate the review.
I knew somehow people might not like it.
I'm still in the learning process. Good to know.
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

Actually, levels don't need to be hard to be interesting. You can also try making a levelset with some unique design. If you just put door button on the left screen then run back to right screen where door opens, levels become predictable, and more of a chore than an actual fun.
cipriano200
Efendi
Efendi

Post by cipriano200 »

Coco wrote:Actually, levels don't need to be hard to be interesting. You can also try making a levelset with some unique design. If you just put door button on the left screen then run back to right screen where door opens, levels become predictable, and more of a chore than an actual fun.
You have a great point. People are tired of going left and than right.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

cipriano200 wrote:
Coco wrote:Actually, levels don't need to be hard to be interesting. You can also try making a levelset with some unique design. If you just put door button on the left screen then run back to right screen where door opens, levels become predictable, and more of a chore than an actual fun.
You have a great point. People are tired of going left and than right.
Yeah, what Coco says is that levels that make the player think or present the player with unexpected things are interesting. :)
If a raise button opens a single nearby gate, then this could feel like just a basic chore.
Alternative options are to (semi-)permanently open gates by forcing loose floors to fall on them, to use (the weight of) - dead or alive - guards to keep raise or drop buttons pressed down, to use loose floors to make stuck loose floors fall, to temporarily lure guards onto buttons, open or close multiple gates with one button, and so on.
See also the document about special events.
Some of the easier tricks might also be useful, although overusing tricks is a risk.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hello,
Played your level. Very good design, but try to make it more difficult. Try to make such changes so that the Prince will be compelled to pass through all screens (rooms). The sword should be got by the player by passing through traps. But a good designed level! :)
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hello,
Played your level. Very good design, but try to make it more difficult. Try to make such changes so that the Prince will be compelled to pass through all screens (rooms). The sword should be got by the player by passing through traps. But a good designed level! :)
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
cipriano200
Efendi
Efendi

Post by cipriano200 »

princeomkar wrote:Hello,
I'm glad you liked it.
I am working on a different version, with better design quality.
Some people prefer difficult, and i wanna do that.
Thank you for your advice @princeomkar. :)
cipriano200
Efendi
Efendi

Post by cipriano200 »

Norbert wrote: Yeah, what Coco says is that levels that make the player think or present the player with unexpected things are interesting. :)
If a raise button opens a single nearby gate, then this could feel like just a basic chore.
Alternative options are to (semi-)permanently open gates by forcing loose floors to fall on them, to use (the weight of) - dead or alive - guards to keep raise or drop buttons pressed down, to use loose floors to make stuck loose floors fall, to temporarily lure guards onto buttons, open or close multiple gates with one button, and so on.
See also the document about special events.
Some of the easier tricks might also be useful, although overusing tricks is a risk.
Working on a different version. :)