Prince of Persia - Castle Evolution

salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Prince of Persia - Castle Evolution

Post by salvadorc17 »

Hello, this is my firts complete levels pack for the game, because always prefered to mod for prince snes, never achieved to make a Dos complete mod.
I have made this with the help of snes2dosxml tool created by Norbert. Also have proper edited some elements to fit with dos version, and to replace missing snes features. Some screenshoots.
LEVELS.DAT
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince of Persia - Castle Evolution

Post by Norbert »

I think you will have to playtest each level of this new DOS mod individually, to make sure every level of the mod can be finished.

For instance, SNES has special exits in some levels that DOS does not have.
In level 9, for example, your SNES mod uses such an exit, which means the DOS level is currently unfinishable.

[Edit: Also, it would be better to use the new version of snes2dosxml.]
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Norbert wrote:
For instance, SNES has special exits in some levels that DOS does not have.
In level 9, for example, your SNES mod uses such an exit, which means the DOS level is currently unfinishable.
Yes, my mistake, ill fix those levels with special exits to make it like normal ones. Will be also cool to know about difficulty, and gameplay quality..
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Have fixed the level 9 to allow end it, now i need to confirm if can change latest level 13 ( rescue princess) or can use other unused levels to have more converted.
LEVELS.DAT
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

salvadorc17 wrote:now i need to confirm if can change latest level 13 ( rescue princess)
Yes, use princess.xml with inside it: <level number="14">
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know how to finish level 2? I am stuck between 2 close doors (the one at start screen and the one at right to right that of start)

Thank You
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

princeomkar wrote:Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know how to finish level 2? I am stuck between 2 close doors (the one at start screen and the one at right to right that of start)

Thank You
Youre right, for some reason changed tile and broken it, i will fix that, please test other levels, and comment me if you find other bugs..
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

salvadorc17 wrote: ...please test other levels, and comment me if you find other bugs..
I tested level 8, and i got stuck here. I think you should make that loose tile fallible.
Also, at level 5, there are many distorted tiles...I am not using DOSBox with all resources enabled but I thought you should note.
At level 6, I passed it within 10 seconds by making the prince fall where its shadow appears.
Attachments
Distorted level 4
Distorted level 4
The tile where prince is standing
The tile where prince is standing
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

salvadorc17 wrote:
princeomkar wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thank You
Youre right, for some reason changed tile and broken it, [...]
Just for the record, this is not snes2dosxml's fault.
When I use snes2dosxml it creates that room without the stuck loose tile, and with the guard in the bottom row.
princeomkar wrote:I tested level 8, and i got stuck here.
This is because a spinning log without a floor (SNES) turned into a chomper with a floor (DOS).
(I/the application didn't count on logs without floors. Maybe one day I'll improve this.)
The warning about this tile is in the warnings.txt file: "Level 8, room 14, tile 16: Converted log to chomper."
As I wrote before: "I think you will have to playtest each level of this new DOS mod individually, to make sure every level of the mod can be finished."
princeomkar wrote:Also, at level 5, there are many distorted tiles...I am not using DOSBox with all resources enabled but I thought you should note.
These problems disappear if you use a PRINCE.EXE that has all resources enabled.
princeomkar wrote:At level 6, I passed it within 10 seconds by making the prince fall where its shadow appears.
Heh, yeah, that's because that whole shadow thing is in level 9 for SNES and in level 7 for DOS, among other things.
salvadorc17 wrote:[...], please test other levels, and comment me if you find other bugs..
Or you could test your own mod before publishing it... ;)
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Norbert wrote: These problems disappear if you use a PRINCE.EXE that has all resources enabled.
Can you please tell me how to do it? Same problem is occurring in my mod POP Guard Revolt. As I have made some changes in the PRINCE.EXE file, it cannot be replaced by any other PRINCE.EXE file. I had used Apoplexy 3.0 RC2 to make the mod. Please tell a solution so that I can play the mentioned distorted level.

Thank You :)
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

princeomkar wrote:
Norbert wrote: These problems disappear if you use a PRINCE.EXE that has all resources enabled.
Can you please tell me how to do it? Same problem is occurring in my mod POP Guard Revolt. As I have made some changes in the PRINCE.EXE file, it cannot be replaced by any other PRINCE.EXE file. I had used Apoplexy 3.0 RC2 to make the mod. Please tell a solution so that I can play the mentioned distorted level.

Thank You :)
Dont know why this happening to you, im using apoplexy 2.7 and having no problems.
Made some fixes for tiles in levels 6-10.
LEVELS.DAT
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

If there is a PRINCE.EXE in the prince/ directory (and it is not of an unknown type) then apoplexy will automatically try to (unpack it and) enable all resources. That way you will never see distortions. The application will not auto-modify anything else.

At popot.org, the PRINCE.EXE of Prince of Persia Guard Revolt is 129504 bytes, which means it is an unpacked 1.0 executable. This means the resources enabled/disabled-bytes start at offset 0x1C782. When I check with a hex editor, I see that they are all enabled. This means this mod should never show distortions.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Norbert wrote:If there is a PRINCE.EXE in the...never show distortions.
I redownloaded the file and it worked. Thank You Norbert! :)
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

salvadorc17 wrote: November 5th, 2016, 6:14 pm Dont know why this happening to you, im using apoplexy 2.7 and having no problems.
Made some fixes for tiles in levels 6-10.
LEVELS.DAT
Your mods not finished. Can you please allow me to continuing? ;) :?:
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.