Level 10
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Re: Prince of Persia Horizon

Post by Akruzen »

ArmFly wrote:good level princeomkar

Thank you Armfly :)

There is one simpler way of solving level 10 (though simpler is a comparative term)
I will post a video of level 10 soon
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hello Everyone!
Actually, I had some questions... :?:
1) Does anyone know how to change SFX of POP1? e.g. gulp sound, steps sound, striking sound and so on.
2) For POP1 music (or sound) I tried changing the music using SDLPop. I even converted them in '.ogg' format. But the quality of the music I have is too high as compared to POP1. Is there some software or program I should download for reducing the quality?
3)My current Screen Recorder makes DOS Box work slow. Is there any screen recorder which does not affect much to the computer's performance?

Also, where can I find the unshaky loose tile (like the one in level 12b in original POP1) in Apoplexy?

Thank you.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

princeomkar wrote:how to change SFX of POP1?
With the latest version of PR. You can use the script on that page to simplify things; when entering the path to PR, include /src/bin/. After extracting, the (8-bit) WAV files are in the digisnd*/ directories.
princeomkar wrote:reducing the quality [of OGG files] [for use with SDLPoP]
(Assuming you are on Windows.) You write you are converting from non-OGG. If the source is WAV, use this oggenc ("Generic"). Quality can be set using "-q" or "--quality" (use "-h" for more info). If the source is MP3, first decode that file to WAV with LAME.
princeomkar wrote:Is there any screen recorder which does not affect much to the computer's performance?

DOSBox itself can record.

princeomkar wrote:unshaky loose tile (like the one in level 12b in original POP1)

That is a special event. See page 18 of this PDF.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Norbert wrote: With the latest version...this PDF.
Thank you Norbert! :)
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please tell me how to do this trick? I have seen it used in many videos but I haven't got it.

---To pass the wall by short jump.

Thank You
Attachments
To pass the wall by short jump.
To pass the wall by short jump.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

princeomkar wrote:pass the wall by short jump
I can think of three methods to accomplish that.

1. Maneuvering the prince into a position close to/in the wall.

With a loose tile:

With a jump (second part of the video):

By bumping (start of the video):
Level 12a of Trick of Through

2. After modifying the images of the prince.

With a somersault (near the end of the video):

3. Standing next to certain objects, pressing up, then immediately left.

Usually done using gates (end of the video):

What all these have in common is that there is more than just the wall to jump through.
I've never seen anyone jump through a wall without first using or changing other elements.

Actually, you could also create fake tiles using various methods.
One of several ways to do this would be by using SDLPoP's special tiles (more info).
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Here is video trought wall wih short jump: (0:42) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqQiVcshFls

Need perfect distance
ScreenShot_2016-07-16_15-36-39.png
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Thank you norbert and yaqxsw

I also found one way: https://youtu.be/YuiI3NMMgUo
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hello Friends,
This is lv. 11.
Please do post a video how you play it as I want it to be played the way I want. If I have done any mistake, then I will understand and I will be able to correct it.

Thank You
Attachments
prince.zip
Level 11
(80.21 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
ArmFly
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by ArmFly »

level 11
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hello Everyone,

Revised Level 12 and Revised Level 11

Please Read this:
When I was creating levels in Apoplexy 3.0 RC2, I noticed a strange thing. I was editing level 11 when I went into exe file options. I changed Level 12(b) guard type to 'guard' from 'jaffar'. When I looked in the Editor, I saw a Full black guard standing with its sword replacing the place of jaffar. He was full black but not invisible (like shadow) and had some colourful design in it. Amazed, when I tried to test the level, the guard had no lives
(like skeleton) and obviously could be killed only by pushing him down. Unfortunately, I couldn't capture a screen shot. Later when I placed a Guard in the room to the left the prince starts of, it was still a shadow. But this time when I decided to test the level, both of them appeared like the normal blue guards. From that time, I haven't seen the mysterious 'Shadow Guard' again. Please comment quickly as I am excited to know!! :shock: :D
Attachments
LEVELS.DAT
The Prince.exe file has not been re-modified
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hey, I got the images and videos when I put the untouched level 12(b) in Apoplexy 3.0 RC2.
Had anyone noticed that before? I am not an old member of this forum so I do not know. :?

Here's the Video:

P.S. The guard can be killed...if only we increase his lives to...maybe 70 or something then it will be almost immortal. If we place any other guard anywhere in the level (so total 2 or more guards in level 12(b) ) then all the guards appear normal. The lives are black so I thought that it has no lives!
Attachments
Black lives
Black lives
DOS Box
DOS Box
Apoplexy
Apoplexy
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

I see you posted between the time I saw your first post and the time I clicked "post answer".
So some parts of my posts will appear redundant, but it also has new information!
princeomkar wrote:I changed Level 12(b) guard type to 'guard' from 'jaffar'. When I looked in the Editor, I saw a Full black guard standing with its sword replacing the place of jaffar. He was full black but not invisible (like shadow) and had some colourful design in it.
Something like this?
colorful.png
I think I know what happened: Non-regular guards, like Jaffar, have color=0.
When you changed the guard type, Jaffar become a regular guard but kept this zero-color.
Apoplexy displays such guards with this swirly graphics.

PoP itself displays them using the guard colors that were last loaded.
If the zero-color guard is the first guard you meet on a level, he will be black.
But if you have met a colored guard before, then the zero-color guard will reuse those colors.

These black colors come from the palettes in the GUARD1/2.DAT files, by the way.
Mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=15040#p15040
princeomkar wrote:Amazed, when I tried to test the level, the guard had no lives (like skeleton) and obviously could be killed only by pushing him down.
He does have lives, except the triangles appear black.
You can see it when the screen flashes red when the prince is hurt.
princeomkar wrote:Had anyone noticed that before? I am not an old member of this forum so I do not know. :?
I think I have met only one mention of black guards (and reusing colors) so far.
It's on the homepage of POPMAP: http://harom.tizennegy.hu/prince/torik.htm#oszin
(This document is from the same authors, but it's slightly different and does not mention reusing colors from other guards.)

It's in Hungarian, so I will also provide my translation:
4. Milyen színű?
Az őrök színe 01-07-ig változik. Az FF színnel érdekes "árnyéklovagot" hozhatunk létre, sajnos azonban kiszíneződik, ha másik (színes) őrrel találkozunk útközben.

00 totál fekete
[...]
------
4. What color is it?
Guards' colors vary between 01 and 07. With color FF you can make an interesting "shadow knight", but unfortunately he gets colors if you meet another (colored) guard along the way..

00 totally black
[...]
Note that I think that "FF" should be 00 instead.

Update: Also mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=15040#p15040
David wrote: By the way, if you put a guard with color=0 into a level, they will use the colors from guard1/2.dat.
(I don't know if there is any level editor that can do that, but it can be done with hex-editing the level.)
However, if you already met a guard with a nonzero color, zero-colored guards will reuse his color.