Prince of Persia Guard Revolt

Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hi Everyone,

I have attatched 'Prince of Persia Guard Revolt'.

This Game is modification of first. This is basically for beginners and you don't need to know any glitches in the original game to pass these levels. I have made it till level 7, and I am working the next. Have Fun! :)
Attachments
LEVELS.DAT
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Re: Prince of Persia Guard Revolt

Post by Akruzen »

Can anyone tell me how to make the mirror appear after a door event? Also, does anyone know how to control the movements of shadow? (for example: potion thief, plunge at level 6 and stuff like that)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

princeomkar wrote:Can anyone tell me how to make the mirror appear after a door event?
Since you write "the" mirror, I'm assuming you mean the one in level 4.
See page 9 of this document.
CusPop also has a "Set up the mirror" section.
princeomkar wrote:Also, does anyone know how to control the movements of shadow? (for example: potion thief, plunge at level 6 and stuff like that)
David wrote about it.
Although I'm unsure how complete that is.
It currently requires knowledge of hex editing and perhaps unpacking.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hello Everyone!

As I said I will be posting full version of this game, click the attachment to download the full version. As I had said earlier, this is for Beginners (Experts will find it too easy...think so). You will need to know some tricks (remember-glitches and tricks are different. e.g.-two step long jump is a glitch and a swing is a trick) to pass the remaining levels. Please do tell me suggestions or bug fixes for my game if any. :)

--------------------Description------------------------------

Level 1: The Escape from prison
Level 2: Continuing Escape
Level 3: The Skeleton
Level 4: In the Palace
Level 5: The Thief
Level 6: The Trap
Level 7: Hanging Around
Level 8: Blocked
Level 9: A bit difficult
Level 10: Finding Way
Level 11: Almost there
Level 12: The Shadow
Level 13: Jaffar
Attachments
LEVELS.DAT
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Drop

Post by Akruzen »

Hello Everyone!!
I think I have found a trick in which the prince clings to the 3 floor after a drop! You can see it in the attached video. (I cant attach it. The website says, "Invalid Extension 'webm' ") Is this a glitch or a purposeful Trick by POP?
Attachments
Drop.zip
3 Floor Drop
(795.77 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Last edited by Akruzen on May 10th, 2016, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Drop

Post by Norbert »

princeomkar wrote:(I cant attach it. The website says, "Invalid Extension 'webm' ")
You could attach it after putting the .webm file inside a ZIP.
Alternatively, you could upload it somewhere - like on YouTube - and then link to it.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

You could attach it after putting the .webm file inside a ZIP.
Alternatively, you could upload it somewhere - like on YouTube - and then link to it.
This trick was foundet a long time ago :) For example here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDBRkyyn4Iw

Many new tricks are not published on documentation, but you can see these on walktrough hard MODs.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Oh...I did not knew it was found out before...

By the way could anyone give suggestions for my levels?
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

princeomkar wrote:Oh...I did not knew it was found out before...

By the way could anyone give suggestions for my levels?
I looked this map on Apoplexy, well in my opinion that is bit boring for me, because:
1. You have take original PoP map and add some objects, change guard position... Level 1,3,6,8,13,14 looks like original. On this map no new map runway. If you add broken room runway, the map would be more interesting, but map need looks other and unique.
2. To take LP is easy and boring... you need add puzzle for taking LP . Dont make long runway.
3. My personality, I like map with crazy chalenge, crazy map style like "During sleep - level 5" and more new tricks :)

I have many crazy Ideas, probably you will take these ideas and realise in your map. I think, many players would play it:
1. MOD, where you need use logic for solving level (Like Mirages of Persia - level 8. Last room). Gate, raise, drop, timing, broken room.
2. MOD, where you need just fall and survive. There are tiles, rooms, levigation, and other thing. Map like
"During sleep - level 5" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5hUi4Uofto
"Definition of time level 9" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE3O49I-hIc

These ideas exist, but you can create it in own MOD:
3. MOD, Potion Puzzle. To take LP, you need solve trick. If you cant, you can go to next level. For example thise videos:
PP1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0CfAi ... pCPWWV1QbN
PP2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilAAM2T ... MkmviXSRTS
4. MOD, where only 2 rooms. For example MOD micro palace: http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000127

If you have question, how create broken rooms and other thing, then you can watch this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wumqeXA ... oemtl0WDHF
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Actually, this is my first mod and I myself did not know many things (eg.broken rooms). I downloaded cuspop but it didnt run.
So I checked out its online version but somehow it didnt work out. So, I had no option but to give it a description "for beginners". But I will definitely change the maps. For level 3,6 there were special events (which I tried to change using cuspop) so I kept the basics as they were in the original game.
My actual intension was to create a mod for players who dont know any glitches and those who are new to it. Maybe someday (when I will become expert) I will create a mod for experts.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

I downloaded cuspop but it didnt run.
Here: http://www.popot.org/other_useful_tools.php?tool=CusPop
After creating you will get file Prince.exe. Look apoplexy tutorial 5 (You have link)
So I checked out its online version but somehow it didnt work out. So, I had no option but to give it a description "for beginners". But I will definitely change the maps. For level 3,6 there were special events (which I tried to change using cuspop) so I kept the basics as they were in the original game.
Which event you want?
My actual intension was to create a mod for players who dont know any glitches and those who are new to it. Maybe someday (when I will become expert) I will create a mod for experts.
Ok :)
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

How can I change some graphics of Prince of Persia 1? Which software should I download?
doppelganger
Vizier
Vizier

Post by doppelganger »

Use PR.
Doppelgänger
Hmm.. These mortals know about me.. :evil:

Download 'Hell of A Palace' now from Popot!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

princeomkar wrote:How can I change some graphics of Prince of Persia 1? Which software should I download?
You have three options:
1. (easy) Use SDLPoP or MININIM, and simply edit the images in the data/ directory. (You can read how to use apoplexy with these programs in this document.)
2. (medium) Use the original game but don't modify palettes. Palettes are a given, finite set of colors. You will use the palettes of the original images. You will need to learn how to export and import images using PR. (The popot.org website has scripts that can help you.) And you will need to learn how to use the colormap. If you use the raster graphics editor GIMP, you can see how to open the colormap in the image on page 7 of this document.
3. (hard) Use the original game and modify palettes. If you choose this, you are basically on your own. It requires you to master things that would take quite some time to explain. The document I linked to above explains how to do it, but you will need to practice and experiment, try things until you understand what exactly you need to do.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Or you change old VDUNGEON.DAT or VPALACE.DAT into new DAT. You can download here:

http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php? ... UNGEON.DAT

http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php? ... PALACE.DAT