4D_PRIN

4D_PRIN

Post by guest »

Hi,

I 'm playing 4D Prince of Persia. Somebody in a forum said that PRINCED could fix level 11.

Anyone can tell me how to do that? PRINCED searches a file named LEVELS.DAT in current dir but it only exist in POP1 install dir...

Thanx

Post by Guest »

Hey, try downloading this file: http://www.princed.com.ar/download/levels/pof4d.zip
unzip it and then drop the .dat into your pop4d folder replacing the original .dat file

Post by Guest »

Hi

Thanks but this is the file to play POP1 with the levels of POP4D.
LEVELS.DAT does not exist in POP4D folder. File KIRILL.DAT has nearly the same size so I guess it contains the levels.

I'll try to rename file...
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Right guess! Kirill Terebilov renamed levels.dat to kiril.dat. When I repaired kirill.dat I renamed it to levels.dat. You can use the repaired levels.dat in your original pop1 game replacing levels.dat for the repaired 4d kirill.dat or just rename it and play it in the 4d pop. It's the same, the only changes you will see are the tricks, they are different in 4d pop. Happy 4d gaming!

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all your explanations.
Playing "4D PRINCE" and waiting for your "5D PRINCE OF PERSIA" ...
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Great! today I made level 2 of 5d POP :)

Post by Guest »

How was 4D Prince of Persia made? With which level editor was it made with?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

It was made in binary format using an HEX editor and taking care about the checksums. Kirill made a lot of work there... well, we all worked a lot to make the editors. Anyway, I'm sure it must have been very hard to do that :cool:
Puzzled User

Post by Puzzled User »

First, like to say that I like your site very much. :)

Just one question, I notice that if I use roomshaker to open the the level dat for 4D POP, levels 4, 5, 6 & 11 are stated are corrupted and cannot be opened. Is there any other program that can be used to view these levels.
Puzzled User

Post by Puzzled User »

programmer wrote:You can open them with Princed v2.5.....
Thanks for the tip. :) However, it's very hard to visualise the overview of a level using PV2.5. It took me a while and I finally figured it out. It's like putting together a jigsaw. :P Roomshaker is much easier to use. However, some thing is better than nothing. At least, I can still see those levels. :wink:

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I am a new to POP mods, but I have played the original POP 1.0 (Ctrl-V during game). I have also seen POP 1.3 which has slightly different graphic colors and a Setup program but still the same levels as 1.0.

But when you say POP4D, do you mean POP14, as in Prince of Persia v1.4? I am not aware of an official POP 1.4. So what was the last official (not mod) version of POP - 1.3 or 1.4, and were they any new levels and features in this last version compared with the original version 1.0 ?

Many thanks.

Post by Guest »

programmer wrote:If you want to design levels connected this way you can design all room of your level in RoomShaker then edit some connections using PV2.5 :mrgreen: Also you can try PV3 Alpha 7 but it is alpha and can be dangerous for levels :mrgreen:
Thanks for the interesting idea of using PV2.5 to edit connections. At the moment, I haven't the intention of doing some strange room connection. One day I might try. As for PV3 Alpha 7, I tried that as well as roomshaker to open POP4D before posting here. PV3 does not open POP4D at all while roomshaker could open only certain levels. However, thanks to your suggestion, PV2.5 can see all POP4D levels. I haven't got to try editing POP levels using PV3 Alpha 7 but it is useful for seeing an overview of all levels. like a map :D
But when you say POP4D, do you mean POP14, as in Prince of Persia v1.4? I am not aware of an official POP 1.4. So what was the last official (not mod) version of POP - 1.3 or 1.4, and were they any new levels and features in this last version compared with the original version 1.0?
I can help answer this. POP4D is actually levels from POP that had been modified by someone named Kirill Terebilov and he released it as freeware. It is an unofficial version.

In case you wanted to know, there is actually POP v1.4. The "Prince of Persia Collection" CD-ROM that was released comprised of Prince of Persia & Prince of Persia 2. The Prince of Persia from that collection is version v1.4. When comparing the different versions v1.0, v1.3 & v1.4 in area of sound, v1.3 is still the best.

v1.4 still has the same levels. As for what changes v1.4 has over the previous versions, I haven't compared so not sure. Maybe programmer or someone else can enlighten you on this.