I finished the V1.1 update. You can download the new version here:
I added Level 9 to the set.
Impossible mode became more difficult. Now, you MUST get the time bonuses to make it through. In impossible mode, you now have only 20 minutes at the start and extra time potions restore only 4 minutes each. The game CAN actually be completed this way (I checked), even including all the life potions. (except the one in level 3, which requires a different tactic...) It is just superhumanly difficult.
So, the difficulty levels are now:Normal mode
: start 150
minutes, time bonuses are 15
: start 60
minutes, time bonuses are 12
: start 20
minutes, time bonuses are 4
For convenience, I created a difficulty selection
If you don't want to be bothered about the difficulty every time the game launches, you can modify SDLPoP.ini and replace "difficulty = prompt" with "difficulty = normal" (or "hard" or "impossible").
Here are some screenshots taken from Level 9:
This is the full list of changes:
- Added Level 9.
- Added difficulty selection screen (prompts by default; configurable in SDLPoP.ini).
- Added Hall of Fame.
- Impossible mode: lowered available time from 30 to 20 minutes; extra time bonuses from 7 to 4 minutes.
- Added recent SDLPoP dev features: replay recording, configuration using SDLPoP.ini, new bug fixes. See the SDLPoP readme (doc/Readme.txt) and the forum thread (viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3664
) for the details!
- Level 1: Made beginning of the level more obvious.
- Level 1: Added an extra gate in the sword room to prevent getting the sword too early.
- Level 4: Made getting the life potion a bit harder.
- Level 8: The light blue guard now never moves.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.