(DOS mods) SNES Remnants & SNES Level 15

kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

(DOS mods) SNES Remnants & SNES Level 15

Post by kj-5349 »

Hi everyone.

Here are 2 simple mods which are the adaptations of several SNES levels.
SNES Remnants has some levels adapted from the earlier "SNES Levels" and "SNES-PC-set" mods. It also includes several levels from the SNES game not featured in the mentioned 2 earlier mods.

SNES Level 15 is a shorter mod, loosely adapted from the SNES level of the same name. The levels are divided based on the teleporting doors and roughly on how the level is navigated like in the SNES game. The story is a parody as if you are in the midst of Level 14 and intending to progress to Level 16.

SNES Remnants http://www.mediafire.com/download/v06hy ... mnants.zip

SNES Level 15 http://www.mediafire.com/download/n5x29 ... vel_15.zip

SNES Level 15 v2.0 http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7iq7 ... 5_v2.0.zip

Enjoy :D
Last edited by kj-5349 on May 27th, 2015, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Re: (DOS mods) SNES Remnants & SNES Level 15

Post by robert »

Hi Kj-5349!

Something happened ... I gave SNES Level 15 a try, almost everything is fine. I liked the graphics, the story, and how the parts are constructed. But there are 2 things that I didn't like, one is that in the third part, the room where is the red guard, there's no room on the right, causing you automatically die if you go there. This is not such a big deal but a thing to keep in mind. The other thing, when you face the guard in the last part, I suppose it's a "shadow" guard, I didn't know he mustn't be killed! Doing this caused my laptop to get completely frozen!! :(

As an advice, it would be better if you didn't place a shadow guard, but a shadow prince instead. In this case, you might be able to kill him, without causing a fatal error. (I believe... I did that in a mod of mine and it worked).

I haven't tried the other mod yet, I'll comment back later.

EDIT: I've tried the other one, I liked it very much!! But after killing the vizier, no exit door opened. Time is fine, only 2 seconds left after killing Jaffar :lol:
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Hi robert,

Thanks for pointing out several things for SNES Level 15.
For Level 3 I've added another room but a gate would prevent automatic dying if you travelled towards the right.
However for Level 3, heading down is still a trap.

After reviewing through, it is unfair to the player for the game to crash when a Shadow guard is defeated, and in addition, without warning the player beforehand not to kill the Shadow.
For this 2nd version, I've changed it to Jaffar and adjusted the ending.

v2.0 http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7iq7 ... 5_v2.0.zip
robert wrote:EDIT: I've tried the other one, I liked it very much!! But after killing the vizier, no exit door opened. Time is fine, only 2 seconds left after killing Jaffar :lol:
As for the last level of SNES Remnants, actually the exit door is still accessible although it's not open, as long as Jaffar is defeated (but not by pressing K). It's a small trick which was intentional ;)

Thanks for trying them out :D
Razor20
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Razor20 »

I just finished you're level 15, just 24 seconds remaining :D Was a bit confused as I walked backwards, Jaffar unbeaten and me falling down and down and down and then I won instead of being dead, nice story indeed ;) I'm already excited how Remnants will be like
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Hi KJ, can you create some screenshots for each mod - max. 9 per mod - that I can use for popot.org, and share them in this thread or via PM?
DOSBox can do this with Ctrl+F5 and saves in the SnapsFolder.
You know better than me which screens would be neat to show off the mods, plus you could take however much time you want to create them.
If you prefer I could do it; then I'll do 3 simple screenshots for each mod.
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Norbert wrote:If you prefer I could do it; then I'll do 3 simple screenshots for each mod.
Yeah, you can go ahead, thanks.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

kj-5349 wrote:
Norbert wrote:If you prefer I could do it; then I'll do 3 simple screenshots for each mod.
Yeah, you can go ahead, thanks.
All right.
(I see you used changed graphics so I did a bit more screenshots than 3.)
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

kj-5349 wrote:For this 2nd version, I've changed it to Jaffar and adjusted the ending.
Now it's better! Wow I got a little bit scared at the end, it looked like the Prince never stop falling :lol:
kj-5349 wrote:As for the last level of SNES Remnants, actually the exit door is still accessible although it's not open, as long as Jaffar is defeated (but not by pressing K). It's a small trick which was intentional ;)
Why didn't I see this coming?! Haha. I've got 23 seconds left this time.
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

In "SNES Level 15", level 3, the guard does a weird thing if I push him down.
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Hey there David. Sorry for the late reply here...

Guards would die if they are pushed down 2 stories.
However Level 3 guards are immortal, by default skeletons in the original. So some mods have changed to other various guard types i.e. Jaffar or normal guards.
They remain alive after the 2 story fall and the animation acts weird showing some frames of the Prince.

It thus seems to interfere with the game logic that the guard should be dead and limp, but not for Level 3 guards.... Interesting there.... :?
salvadorc17
Calif
Calif

Post by salvadorc17 »

Really interesting seeing the snes levels converted to pc version..
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

SNES Remnants

Audio Clip: Disney Aladdin (PC-DOS/Amiga)
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Hi guys, the SNES Remnants package has been updated in Popot with the SDLPoP JP version. The enhancement is playing SDLPoP with background music from the SNES version, as well as the slightly faster gameplay of the JP version, but levels and other assets are unchanged. Please download again (in Total Pack) and then manually navigate this pathway to play the SDLPoP version: mods > levelset > software > 0000149. Then unzip it and you can directly use the shortcut to play. Enjoy!

Edit (Nov 12, 2023): Sorry for the inconvenience. I reverted the package to its original for mod 0000149. In that way, it can be natively run through Total Pack with only the DOS version of the mod. On the other hand I submitted the SDLPoP version as a new mod which has to be manually opened and not run through Total Pack.
Please download again (in Total Pack) and then manually navigate this pathway to play the SDLPoP version: mods > levelset > software > 0000149
Regarding this, instead find 0000296 to play this music enhanced version of this mod. Enjoy! :D