level.dat

level.dat

Post by guest »

Well, I am alpha testing the princed3, I have come up with some cool levels. Only the doors and gates don't work!

I know that someone had posted info on the levels.dat file structure.
I need more info on Guard positioning as well as start positioning, and mostly info about the doors and gates. (or is that in another file all together? I don't mind using hex editor to link them I just need to know what I am doing... For instance, the start position is '3' ... bytes? words? Bits? And how does it relate ...
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Yes, it was my post :) well, guards, doors, etc are a bit difficult, so I made a library to edit them. Unfortunately the GUI interface hadn't got it yet. Anyways, I can send you the library in pascal or Ansi C, so you'll be able to add doors, etc.

Due to the delay of the PV3 development I think it could be a good idea to release a princed complement tool to edit doors and guards. I'll try to code and upload them as soon as possible.

BTW, what is your mail address?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Done, you'll be able to download PV2.5 Expansions. This program edits guards and the start position. I promise to code and upload the expansion 2 (with door edition) for tomorrow.

Post by Guest »

That would be great! If you want to send some of the source for P3 as well, I can try and start fixing some of the GUI bugs (i have nothing better to do at the moment anyway)

Can use this e-mail:

princed@bearpawz.net so I will know its from this board and not spam (I own bearpawz.net domain so just about anything will get here).

Mean time I'll look for the addtion

And for anyone else looking for tech stuff, I figured out the format for the links section: There are 4 bytes to each room and 24 rooms to work with (thus 96 bytes) The first 4 are room 1, second 4 room 2 and so on. The rooms are further divided like this: 1 = link left, 2 = link right, 3 = link up, 4 = link down. I realize you can change them with princed 2.5 but I wanted to write a VB app that would make it easier. Maybe I'll try C++ instead. :-)
bearpawz
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by bearpawz »

opps. I keep forgetting to log in first. Anyway, I just started working on a GUI for the extentions to make it a little easier to work with. (I didn't find it too hard yet but some people might). How can I get it to you when done to put on web?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

I would be great if you figure out things that we don't know yet :) I can tell you what are them.

two examples are:
1) Where in prince.exe is saved the mirror screen and the shadow screen.
2) how does ibmsnd work

I can write a format manual about all the dat files. I'll do it as soon as I have time :)

I don't have the latest PV3 source code, but I'm trying to get it. Well if I can I'll send you a copy.

PV3 uses a recursive algorithm that mappes all the screen links and generates an abstract coordinate system.

Well You can download the new application and edit guards ans start position. I'll add the add screen facility and door handling today.

Do you have any msn or icq?
bearpawz
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by bearpawz »

I just got ICQ # its 268470382

Im also on Yahoo as bearpawzma
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Great