Prince of Wateria

kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Prince of Wateria

Post by kj-5349 »

Norbert wrote:Now playable online as well, here and here.
Wow Norbert! How do you post it online on those sites? And to let it run on Java? (of course I don't know about programming or IT, so I never know anything technical about Java)

But by posting there like how we play other famous DOS games (i.e Mortal Kombat & Wolfenstein 3D), it's absolutely convenient to not only new, fresh PoP players, but also retro DOS gamers who want to enjoy DOS games without needing to use Dosbox, also because Dosbox needs many steps to start up a game unless you're a seasoned user.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

kj-5349 wrote:How do you post it online on those sites?
How exactly the Java applets on these websites work I don't know, but you can probably do it with this or this.
My mod is on those websites because I had e-mailed the webmaster about it, who decided the mod was unique enough to add it.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote:Also mentioned on a Hungarian retro games website here, I guess only David can read that. ;)
Hey, it's on the first page of results on Google for Prince of Wateria! (Just like the two linked sites where you can play it online.)

In case you're wondering what it says, I translated it to English:
Prince of Wateria released!
Written by: GoobeMaster
2013. January 27. Sunday, 11:37

Yesterday the mod titled Prince of Wateria was released for the Prince of Persia 1 game. Norbert de Jonge devoted 220 hours - almost 5 months - to making it. Based on my first tests it looks really promising!

(Norbert's trailer video inserted here)

New features: New graphics, story, objects (e.g. boarded-up windows), redesigned potions and traps, secret passages, and even a laser field can be found in the mod. Each level is brand new, mainly for hardcore players, because they are challenging, tricky levels. (beginners should type the cheat, and try levels 4,9,12a).

If you want to try it, it is enough to start the prince.bat file in DOSBox. After start you'll get detailed (English-language) description, and you can even read tips for each level.

Author's website: http://www.norbertdejonge.nl/Prince_of_Wateria/
Recommended website: http://www.popot.org/
Last modified: 2013. February 23. Saturday, 17:36
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote:In case you're wondering what it says, I translated it to English: [...]
Cool, thanks for the translation.
Jakim
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by Jakim »

Looks awesome. Surely I'm going to conquer this levelset [adding to to-do list :)].
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Today saw some videos of Wateria,and now think "as I could have as much patience and play almost perfect","play brokem room without apoplexy","trick blocks,etc, I think that helped me the Holy Spirit... Great mod ;)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Thanks again for creating the YouTube walkthroughs of it, SuavePrince. :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

From viewtopic.php?p=12712#p12712 :
David wrote:- Why are the gates, spikes and swords blue?
Norbert wrote:The idea behind the discoloration of the spikes and gates is that it's caused by all the water/humidity.
I changed the sword color for no particular reason, other than making it look different from the default.
I originally asked that because the color reminds me of a certain fictional material of a certain fictional underwater world...
Of which swords are also made...
But then, the spike's colors (and even the gate's colors) are more similar to that than the sword's colors...
Anyway, it seems this was enough to trigger my sense of similarity. :)

I see you reused the colors of the original level door (dungeon) or the gate tops (palace), plus added two blues.