The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Prince of Wateria

Post by Norbert »

[Edit: Added a download link and overview image to this post.]

Download: Prince_of_Wateria.zip

Click this image for a general overview:

- - - - -

The trailer for the mod that I'll release on January 26th.

Last edited by Norbert on January 26th, 2013, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Re: Prince of Wateria

Post by yaqxsw »

:shock:
Crazy levelset! Many new mod!
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Oh my fuc**ng god ! Awesome norbert ! Awesome ! :P
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Glad you guys like it so far. :)

I'll add a readme file to the mod's package when it's released that details how difficult each of the levels is, including some hints where necessary.
Also, the second part of all the walkthrough videos will be the same walkthrough but in reverse (the prince walking backwards) and double the speed and with echos. (Pretty cool to watch, you'll see... ;))
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Holy shit, this looks like it's gonna be the most comprehensive mod since Repetition of Time!

Of course, this will probably have to be banned from any modding contest, since it'd take no effort for it to win everytime.

Anyway, how complete is it so far? Considering you're not gonna release it until the end of January, there's either still some more stuff to do, or you're just torturing us, you sadistic freak. :P
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
tacosalad
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by tacosalad »

Norbert wrote:I'll add a readme file to the mod's package when it's released that details how difficult each of the levels is, including some hints where necessary.
Put the readme in PDF format so you can format it nicely and include graphics if needed--you've got experience writing PDF docs. I regret omitting a PDF with Potion Puzzles, which relied instead on a web page whose formatting has gotten corrupted over time.
mk1995 wrote:Of course, this will probably have to be banned from any modding contest, since it'd take no effort for it to win everytime.
This is exactly the sort of entry the modding contests need. It'll generate interest, provoke discussion, and promote creativity. It might be unbeatable, but it will intensify the competition for second-place. Indeed, second place should be a huge trophy for whoever participates in a competition that includes Prince of Wateria.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

mk1995 wrote:Anyway, how complete is it so far? Considering you're not gonna release it until the end of January, [...]
Well, the mod itself is finished, but editing/rendering/uploading the walkthrough videos will take time,(*) and I want to link to those from the readme file that's inside the mod's package. I also want both the videos and the readme file to say how difficult (inc. which tricks) and unique/entertaining each of the levels - and getting the various LPs - is.

(*) Especially with all the crappy video editors for GNU/Linux.
tacosalad wrote:[...], which relied instead on a web page whose formatting has gotten corrupted over time.
Page still looks pretty good to me, but, yeah, I'll somehow add the readme to the mod's package.
I have some ideas for this, it'll probably launch before the game itself, but will also be easily skippable/quittable.
MP
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MP »

"New story".
It's absolutely new story. Something like KX Out of Time, but there was a problem with princess... But this story is perfect: so simillar to original but also absolutely new. It looks like parody ;)
"New reshaped potions"
In good style:)
But I thought about doing potions giving something new, for example "flying out" of the holes.
"New secret passages"
Is this really? Isn't it a trick/bug?
"New reshaped chompers"
This is probably THE BEST thing in this mod that it's possible to see in this trailer. Amazing idea!
"New laser field"
:lol: It's grotesque!!! Original idea. Maybe better than reshaped chompers.
"And of course new challenging level"
Of course!

I'm happy that someone from this forum does something. hbzlmx created PoP1 Studio and he wrote it will be next versions. Now Norbert created THE BEST(in respect of new ideas, graphics) MOD EVER... I'm happy because I'm too lazy and too bad in programming and computer things:) to do something like that.
IT'S A REALLY GOOD BIT OF THE WORK. I'M WAITING FOR 26 JANUARY.
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

WOW Great Job Norbert Its Cool new And Awesome :arrow: I'M WAITING FOR 26 JANUARY :)
Last edited by Khushal64n6 on January 7th, 2013, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
genter190
Efendi
Efendi

Post by genter190 »

MEGA PRINCE ;)
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Trailer looks impressive! :)

I'm going to make new insane MOD this year too) Also, I'm going to beat PoP1 (original Jordan Mechner version) world record, because I know how exactly to improve MasterViking's run in few moments and I almost learned to represent his run on all levels separately.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Moscow Tracer wrote:I'm going to make new insane MOD this year too) Also, I'm going to beat PoP1 (original Jordan Mechner version) world record, because I know how exactly to improve MasterViking's run in few moments and I almost learned to represent his run on all levels separately.
That is interesting :D
Khushal64n6
Calif
Calif

Post by Khushal64n6 »

Moscow Tracer wrote:Trailer looks impressive! :)

I'm going to make new insane MOD this year too) Also, I'm going to beat PoP1 (original Jordan Mechner version) world record, because I know how exactly to improve MasterViking's run in few moments and I almost learned to represent his run on all levels separately.
Moscow Tracer You are No. 3 in the world in Prince of Persia i know but please prove and beat that original record i will upload tricks for you and every prince of Persia buddy ;) Here please watch ;) anyway thanks Moscow tracer i subscribed you :D i am waiting Here :D
Last edited by Khushal64n6 on January 27th, 2013, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Some things I noticed:
- Even the hourglass is filled with water instead of sand!
- The stars in the princess's room became lightbulbs.
- Torches became dripping water.
- Is the level with the arrows a training level?
- At the end of the last scene, do I see a mirror that looks like a gate? (And the guard disappears, but that's hard to see.)
- Why are the gates, spikes and swords blue?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The idea behind the discoloration of the spikes and gates is that it's caused by all the water/humidity.
I changed the sword color for no particular reason, other than making it look different from the default.
The level with those arrows is just a regular level, it's part of level 4.
David wrote:- At the end of the last scene, do I see a mirror that looks like a gate? (And the guard disappears, but that's hard to see.)
What you write is correct. It should come as no surprise that I've spent quite a lot of time modifying images (and palettes). I was in doubt about including the most interesting modifications in the trailer. In the end I decided to go full-out and include everything. As a result, in my opinion, the trailer is (has become) the most interesting thing about my mod. This was a conscious choice. To give it that trailer-like feeling, it starts slowly. Then it sums up some of the things you'll run into. Near the end of the video it relatively quickly throws some more things at you, and it cuts to black right when something interesting seems to happen. That last bit is also from level 4, which is called "Passing Closed Gates" and also includes the deteriorating gate. That level is more interesting for players who haven't seen the trailer, but, oh well, it will probably still be an enjoyable ride. I'm currently uploading all the walkthrough videos (unlisted, for now). Next Saturday the release. I'm already looking forward to working on apoplexy after that. During my work on Prince of Wateria, which is my first mod, I came up with (/ran into) literally dozens of things I want to add to apoplexy, and that I want to improve. I'll post a list of these things on the forum - in an on-topic thread - next weekend.