PoP1 Mod (DOS) - PoP2 Split Levels

kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

PoP1 Mod (DOS) - PoP2 Split Levels

Post by kj-5349 »

The full name of the mod is Shadow & The Flame Adaptation: PoP2 Split Levels, but you can call it in whatever short form is convenient for you.

There was a mod made by robert called The Shadow & The Flame remake, and this mod is inspired by it. I really enjoyed playing it, it was a decent attempt to emulate PoP2 and its level designs. He did mention however that the PoP2 levels had 32 rooms, which exceeded the 24 rooms PoP1 allowed to be edited.
So the main idea of this mod is that I split those PoP2 levels exceeding 24 rooms into 2 or 3 levels. Note some PoP2 levels, like for example Caverns 1, had 3 different routes you can take. I aimed for this mod to give the player like some 80%-90% feel of PoP2.

Credit is still given to robert for creating his Shadow & The Flame remake, which inspired this mod.
Read more about this mod in the files CREDITS.txt and DESCRIPTION.txt

Some screenshots:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?qq7yv5h4yd6ysha

This mod is not meant for the modding competition as I consider this mod was done for fun. I may not make it for the 1st competition, so maybe my story based mod may be submitted for the 2nd competition next year.
Last edited by kj-5349 on September 15th, 2012, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: PoP1 Mod (DOS) - PoP2 Split Levels

Post by mk1995 »

Imageshack doesn't work anymore. Try uploading your images to imgur instead.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

mk1995 wrote:...Try uploading your images to imgur instead.
Done.
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

I'll try them as soon as I can ;)
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Did anyone give this mod a try?
I'm don't know much about PoP2, and I'm curious if someone who's familiar with PoP2 will recognize large parts of the levels.
I guess it's difficult to give it a PoP2 feeling because several of the traps are missing (lava, snakes) and various unique enemies and such...