DIFFICULT LEVEL: EXTREM2 (NEW LEVEL)

yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

DIFFICULT LEVEL: EXTREM2 (NEW LEVEL)

Post by yaqxsw »

Hello guys, as I promised you I will open my last MOD!

I designed this level in apoplexy 1 month and found many bugs, tricks.

About level: On this Level is a lot of clever rooms. Almost on everyone to a room soldiers, it is not enough life elixir and life are short... so try to play unmistakably. Besides there find NEW BUGS :evil: which you don't know. You should solve… .
This level hasn´t labyrinth where it is necessary to guess on what to a room opens doors and closes. Here only a direct road which you should pass and on direct to the road you will reach the purpose.

This levelset had 1-14 levels. 300 minutes. For expert

Here is Extrem2.DAT and enjoy it ;) :lol:

Here is screens:
Level #01 In a hole
Level #02 Impassable level
Level #03 Cave
Level #04 Confidential room
Level #05 Temple
Level #06 Narrow corridor
Level #07 1000 meter of depth
Level #08 Den of the dead
Level #09 Nightmare
Level #10 Fortification
Level #11 The last door
Level #12 Time is gold
Level #13 Fight without loss
Level #14 Save the princess №1000
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Re: DIFFICULT LEVEL: EXTREM2 (NEW LEVEL)

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Looks very nice
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Norbert, you had forgotten take this levelset int http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php :? :lol:
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

yaqxsw wrote:Norbert, you had forgotten take this levelset int http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php :? :lol:
I'll probably add it (and KJ's mods) next Saturday. ;)
I'm adding one mod each Saturday (kinda), mostly because nowadays I try to also play them and not just add them.
I'm currently working on putting together a first draft of the formal contest rules, to work out the modding competition idea.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

I tried some levels - it's really kind of nightmare. I'll manage it one day but not soon, it takes lots of time, energy and patience.. thought that my levels difficult and insane, but yours.. anyway thanks) On some levels I failed to advance about several hours of desperate attempts.. my dreams where I was one of the best players were ruined)
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

I can make video first level (next 2-3 month), but other level i will not make videos :P

But some level is difficult for me, that i can't reach unmistakably... I think, this lever can expert reach 15% chance unmistakably.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

I understood style of your level. At you style to build a big room, where on the right the button, at the left up a door and so on. And also it is convenient to play, therefore the purpose, always mysteriously is visible.
I have no big room, all of them one-road. and consequently it is difficult to win. In everyone to a trap room... Also I think, it is possible to take place in each level 6-9 minutes.
My level is longplay.. :?

but you can play and learn new trick, crazy mission, new bug. On level 9 is really nightmare, I advise not to play, it will exhaust at you a lot of time :|

Statistic:

Level 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,12,13,14 is nice, you can arive unmistakably 6-10 minutes

Lvele 6, 11 longer, nice too but longer, you can arive unmistakably 8-10 minutes

Level 9 is nightmare, you can arive unmistakably more than 10 minuts
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

For me modding it's not just only bunch of metal devices and one-screen sequence of challenges. I like beauty and and idea in levels. I don't really like raise buttons near the gates, levels without bottom, gates without top, chompers without top and full screen of chompers in row. It's not so difficult to waste a lot of time and overcome each screen accordingly, although your levels really improves skill of gameplaying and thanks for it. Arabian Nightmares is quite long, difficult and.. boring. Your levels not boring but mostly quite similar and require good gameplaying skill and bug-exploiting. Of course, I know most of all Prince of Persia bugs and tricks. But speed, perfect timing, bugs - it's not enough for me. I'll try to make my next MOD with really different ideas in each level and make more puzzles and exercises for brain) Of course, tricky and based on timing levels will appear too)
Testing levelset is crucial. I've made some big mistakes in Phantom Of Persia and Mirages Of Persia because of bad testing. Especially I'm not glad about level 8, where Bap made perfect run and I didn't imagine that passing level this way is possible. Shortcut bugs on levels 5,6 and 12b also annoying, I've never planned bugs exploiting if NO OTHER way to comlete level. On the other hand, I've made some levels based on bugs (in Phantom of Persia) and unusual tricks.
If you really tested each level and completed Extreme 1&2 in normal mode - I'll complete all of them. And maybe even make a videos) But I need record lots of vids in other MODs first, and most annoying of them - Arabian Nightmares) Extrem2 in plans, and I'll prove that I'm still good in this crazy game :twisted:
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Moscow Tracer wrote:I'll try to make my next MOD [...]
MT, yaqxsw, others, please check out this post.
Since you may want to partake in a future contest, it would be nice to hear what you think about the draft.
Maybe you have suggestions/additions/corrections. Thanks.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Moscow Tracer wrote:If you really tested each level and completed Extreme 1&2 in normal mode - I'll complete all of them. And maybe even make a videos)
All levels can pass, i testet every room :P
Moscow Tracer wrote: and I'll prove that I'm still good in this crazy game
I show :) You can take all Extrem 1+2 trick and bugs! there will be a new level soon "unarmed prince"
where there the prince without a sword with level celebrates
Norbert wrote:MT, yaqxsw, others, please check out this post.
Since you may want to partake in a future contest, it would be nice to hear what you think about the draft.
Maybe you have suggestions/additions/corrections. Thanks.
I agree with, i take extrem 1+2 and unarmed prince!
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Moscow Tracer wrote:I tried some levels - it's really kind of nightmare.
Have you try level 13 and 14? is light
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

I spent for this level the whole 2 hours to remove this level without a mistake :evil:. But you can look courses as it is necessary to pass 1 level. I think, that is the most difficult level in the prince of Persia!
Other levels will bypass without me
Moscow Tracer and other player, on 5:50 - 6:20 you can see new bug!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

yaqxsw wrote:[...], on 5:50 - 6:20 you can see new bug!
I discovered that trick/bug too recently, you can actually fall down multiple screens and still live.
In a mod I'm working on you need to fall down for 7 screens like that. ;)

By the way, maybe you're making some levels too difficult...?
Almost nobody will be able to finish them and that may make it less fun to play...
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Norbert wrote:By the way, maybe you're making some levels too difficult...?
yes, difficult.. but no more than nighmare as level 9 :| new trick, every room puzzle with new trick and bug. but you can skill gameplay
Moscow Tracer wrote:Your levels not boring but mostly quite similar and require good gameplaying skill and bug-exploiting.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote:
yaqxsw wrote:Norbert, you had forgotten take this levelset int http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php :? :lol:
I'll probably add it (and KJ's mods) next Saturday. ;)
Done:
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000076